Dec 02 2012
By: d_razaq I Only Post Everything 990 posts

Deactivating account from vita

5 replies 184 views Edited Dec 2, 2012

Younger brothers friends came over, tried to play with vita, didn't know password and reset the system(deleting everything). I have psPlus and have it connected to my PS3 & vita(not anymore). How can i deactivate it now that its gone, because you can only have 2 playstation devices linked to an account? 

Message 1 of 6 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
462 posts

Re: Deactivating account from vita

[ Edited ]
Dec 2, 2012

If everything is deleted usually the system prompts for deactivation when reset so they could of hit yes to that... unless memory card data is intact, then that prompt wouldnt of showed up.

Message 2 of 6 (183 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 2, 2012

I thought deactivation was seperate and you to do that after formatting the system. I also thought a reset was different, so did he reset it or reformat the entire thing?

Cause if he just reset it and most likely didn't deavtivate it, then it should still be fine and all you would have to do is sign in again on that Vita no? Or least I thought that is how it wen't. I know when I reformatted my PSP to sell, it didn't ask to be deactivated after, I had to go in afte the format and then deactivate it to make it officially a complete wipe on the system.

Chances are that kid didn't do a complete wipe, unless he happened to look online then he probably did follow someones instructions and they probably told him how to do a full wipe.. plus I am not sure if resetting is the same as formatting either, so if he just reset it, it should be even less of a problem.

I would be more worried if he did a complete reformat and deactivated it, I would be peeved actually.

Message 3 of 6 (172 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13736 posts

Dec 2, 2012
Just so you know OP, it's not two devices, it's two devices per type of system.
So 2 PS3 and 2 vita or psp
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 6 (153 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
990 posts

Dec 2, 2012

Thanks for the reply guys, 2 accounts per systems! I am pretty sure reset if different from deactivating your account. 

Message 5 of 6 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
305 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 2, 2012

Visit the Sony Entertainment Network and log on using your psn details and you can see all the devices your psn is attcahed to, this site allows you to deactivate an account... I was finally able to deactivate accounts on 2 YLOD PS3's I have had.

You can also manage things like your account wallet from PC so is a pretty handy site.

https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/login.action

Message 6 of 6 (137 Views)