Do you mean 
Sep 14 2013
By: tristen5906 First Son 3 posts

DayZ to PS4!!

[ Edited ]
63 replies 31634 views Edited Feb 13, 2014

(PLEASE READ BEFORE COMMENTING!!)

Hello PlayStation Nation,

As we all know Sony Has decided to make to it alot less complex to make games for the PlayStation with the PS4 and they are also branching out to indie games and bringing PC titles to the new console. Now that it seems like they made it pretty easy to port PC games to their i console, I was wondering if they would ever bring the DayZ standalone to the PS4. I mean the console is powerful enough and it would help Dean Hall and his team grow and gain money maybe for future titles, or maybe even make the game absolutely flawless; and also the dualshock four would provide a perfect replacement for the keyboard. I'm so hyped up for the idea that they could do something like this that i made up controls in my head already :smileylol: .

Keyboard TO PS4 CONTROLS -

L3 - Move Character
R3 - Move Camera, (HOLD) Run
Circle - Stand Up, Crouch, Prone (Rolling) L3 left or right, (Double-Tap) Sneak
Square - (HOLD) Open Menu, Click to Interact with things Ex: Pick cans up, Get in Cars)
X - Vault Obstacles, Jump, Insta-Switch from prone/Crouch to standing
Triangle - Switch Weapons and Grenades/Flares&Smokes, (HOLD) Reload
Touch Pad - (Slide Down) Sit, (Slide Right) Salute, (Slide Up) Menu2 (shows lobby Players and their "Zed" & "Bandit" Kills - Circle to Exit) , (Slide Left) Wave, (Click) Switch between 1st and 3rd person camera angles
L1 - Aim (Click R3 to zoom in on snipers only while aiming and Hold R3 while aiming to Hold Breath on snipers)
R1 - Shoot
L2/R2 - look over Left or Right shoulders (1st Person Only)
D-Pad - (Left) Binoculars L1 to zoom in R1 to zoom out (Double Tap) Night-Vision Goggles, (Right) Flashlight (triangle to switch back to Most Recent Weapon), (Down) Food (Double Click) Water (Triple Click) Soda, (Up) Bandage (Double Click) Morphine, (Triple Click) Cooked Meat (Quadruple Click) Blood Transfusion, Navigation Threw Menus
Options - open options menu (Volume, Brightness, Exit Game)
Auto stuff - Climbing Ladders, Aiming out window ( if crouched under window/small Fence/Barrier and pressing L1 or R1 to just fire without aiming), lean left or right if standing/crouching behind object (Ex: Tree, Poll) And Aiming L3 left or right to pick which side
Menu (Square) - Access Clothes, Weapons, GPS, Maps, compass, and other average Inventory stuff

(Sorry if it's hard to understand, kind of in a rush)

Dean already said he thought about bringing DayZ to consoles so this is where i got the idea of every thing. But while i was watching the dev blogs i got geeked up and planned everything out. He could sell the initial standalone with all the orginal maps for like $30 and then make dlc maps with 2 exclusive PlayStation maps for each one and make that $15. They could do the servers like battlefeild 3 did,  they had their own public servers but people could  rent they're own and customize it. And the average servers could have like up to 40 Players in it. I think with Sony's help that this could be possible . And anywasy this could benifit Sony and they could compete with xbox's State of Decay and Dead Rising 3.

This is all I could think of so far :smileysad:

Reply and share your ideas down below and try to share this or promote it some how so hopefully somebody like Shuhei Yoshid or something will see this and make it happen.

Edit: Added label. For more information on labels, please see this post: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/Labels-Best-Practices-in-PS-General/td-p/...

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 64 (31,634 Views)
PlayStation MVP
15466 posts

Re: Dayz to PS4!!

Sep 14, 2013

Talk to Bohemia interactive.... they're the ones making the game, not Sony.

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 64 (31,601 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1387 posts

Sep 14, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Talk to Bohemia interactive.... they're the ones making the game, not Sony.

But Sony specifically asked what gamers would like to see on PS4/3/Vita :smileywink:.

"I will share more with you as our adventures continue and new games are made available. In the meantime, let me know in the comments what you want to see on PlayStation (PS3, PS4, PS Vita). Or contact me on Twitter through the ingenious and mesmerizing handle of @giocorsi — original I know, but man is it solid."

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/08/30/more-great-games-coming-to-playstation-via-third-party-pro...

@OP I believe Hall has expressed interest in PS4 development before. I think with Sony's new third party relations team there's a good chance it could show up on the platform.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 64 (31,583 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1004 posts

Sep 14, 2013

DayZ sucked so bad.  I'll probably get flamed for that but it a buggy and pointless mess.

doc shady signature
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 64 (31,510 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Sep 15, 2013

I know what you mean but it is a mod so its not gonna be perfect but hopefully the standalone is fixing all that

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 64 (31,455 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
991 posts

Sep 15, 2013

HAHA! Day Z? are you serious???

who the heck wants a cross country simulator with bugged out zombies glitching out behind you on the ps4!?

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 64 (31,446 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6387 posts

Sep 15, 2013

tristen5906 wrote:

I know what you mean but it is a mod so its not gonna be perfect but hopefully the standalone is fixing all that

I saw  dayz on twitch  its a very good games. But i dont think its a 30$ game maybe a 15-20$, as far dlc  8$ is the sweet spot. Unless its an aaa game.

Just my opinion not degrading the game or nothing.

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 64 (31,444 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Dec 8, 2013

DayZ is coming 2 PS4! its taking time because on computer it had Fixing to do. AND IT DOES NOT SUCK. Mods are very buggy! they will always need fixing! Don't **bleep** about a game that will be fixed! im still waiting for it to come on too!

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 64 (30,239 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
175 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 8, 2013

I for one would love to see the DayZ standalone come to PS4. I really dont think it would be a big deal at all as far as controls, I used to play the game with a 360 controller and mouse (for inventory). If they handled the inventory similar to the way DCUO does it could work completely on controller.

If a game like Destiny is coming to PS4, DayZ should be a cakewalk.

And to the posters griping about glitches/bugs etc: IT WAS A MOD FOR ARMA II. The OP is referring to the standalone that is in development, which WILL be stable. I would point to what happened with Counterstrike back in the day.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 64 (30,222 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1661 posts

Dec 8, 2013

Once upon a time I cared about this game. Then Dean started tweeting about Payday 2 instead of putting all his attention into finishing/releasing his game and I lost interest.

"While we're being honest, might I suggest something.

Please put your trophy profile as private, otherwise I might have believed you own a PS4 (thanks for the fake pic though)."

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 64 (30,214 Views)
0 Likes