Highlighted
Jul 11 2013
By: DJKryptoniteSDM First Son 2 posts
Accepted Solution

Day 1 PSN Releases

6 replies 203 views Edited Jul 11, 2013

2 Quick Questions On Digital Day 1 Releases. 1. Are they released at midnight night on the release date and 2. Since you can preorder them now do they come with the same preorder bonuses says Gamestop or Amazon would offer. Thanks!!!

Message 1 of 7 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
246 posts

Re: Day 1 PSN Releases

Jul 11, 2013
No to both of them. 8(

Message 2 of 7 (193 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Jul 11, 2013

Dang and Dang guess I'll stay with the physical copies next gen.

Message 3 of 7 (180 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Jul 11, 2013

DJKryptoniteSDM wrote:

Dang and Dang guess I'll stay with the physical copies next gen.

Keep in mind that no details have emerged yet about the next gen's preorder policies or release dates.  The previous poster is right for right now though.  Just my opinion, but I honestly think that if the push towards an all digital library is something that Sony truly does want then they may reevaluate the releasing of new games at midnight and start offering preorder bonuses as an incentive to go digital, just like retailers have already been doing to keep us buying physical copies.

Message 4 of 7 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Jul 11, 2013

slipknot1979 wrote:

Keep in mind that no details have emerged yet about the next gen's preorder policies or release dates.  The previous poster is right for right now though.  Just my opinion, but I honestly think that if the push towards an all digital library is something that Sony truly does want then they may reevaluate the releasing of new games at midnight and start offering preorder bonuses as an incentive to go digital, just like retailers have already been doing to keep us buying physical copies.

Exactly. I prefer physical copies of games, however, I am not against digital if I am offered incentives (like pre order bonuses, midnight release, and cheaper than buying physical copy). But people need to understand that the all digital world is swiftly approaching and digital only video games will be here sooner than people may think.

Message 5 of 7 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
246 posts

Jul 11, 2013
Companies like Gamestop stop them from doing most of that stuff sadly. They can refuse to shelve a game if better deals are being offered elsewhere. Gamestop is a big enough company that they basically have game developers by the balls. Only way around it is to only release digital form of their games and cutting out GS all together.

Message 6 of 7 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11828 posts

Jul 11, 2013

x8x-HYDRO-x8x wrote:
No to both of them. 8(

actually your partly incorrect... sometimes they do have the game available immediatly.. while its not done with every game, some games are made available right away

>

Message 7 of 7 (120 Views)
0 Likes