Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
6737 posts

Re: Day 1 Digital SUCKS! AND IS A BIG WASTE OF MONEY!

Oct 3, 2012

Hey all, 

it's cool to express your opinion here, but just keep it as clean and respectful as possible. :smileyhappy:

Message 11 of 26 (347 Views)
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Oct 3, 2012

lol, did you even read what i said. im guessing no.

Message 12 of 26 (342 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 3, 2012

Instead of blaming Sony and the Day 1 Digital promotion, take your issue up with 2K Games.  Sony is just a distributor of their product.  You wouldn't blame Zappos if your new pair of Nikes fell apart, would you?

Message 13 of 26 (334 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4171 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 3, 2012

*sigh* A friend and I were planning on splitting the money and buying Assassin's Creed 3 & The Amazing Spider-Man Game from the PSN store but after reading this thread that won't be happening.

EDIT: I was gonna upgrade my PS3 HDD for that reason but it looks like I'll just put the money towards all the games coming out this Fall/Winter and a larger Vita Memory Card.

Proud Member of [FnxX} & DeFy. @UMG_Hybrid
Message 14 of 26 (327 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 3, 2012

gdawg1051 wrote:

I thought that day 1 digital was gonna be something cool. i thought it was gonna be just like the title stated, i happen to own 2 playstation 3 systems. so i thought that this would be perfect for me and my younger brother until they recently added some changes to it,

I'm sure they were thinking along these lines and figured some gamers would think, "Oh I can download to 2 systems, and it'll be like having 2 copies of the game." XBLA/DLC would let you download to more then 1 360, and you could play on the first 360 with any profile on that 360 (on or offline). Then the profile that downloaded it could use the game or dlc on another 360 if you used the downloading profile.

on day 1 digital it says that a 1 time license fee will be charged for trying to access your game on another ps3 with your same account which is very stupid.

This may be to help maintain Sony's online structure/servers. How much do they charge for this? For a free service I've been thinking with my Vita, "Why do I have a charge for every game to use the online service." At least the ones I've thought about playing online.

it also says that you can only have 1 ps3 activated within a 24 hour period. see even if your paying the fee to play on another system your still getting **bleep**ed because you have to wait. it also says that you can only play the game on the purchasing account, also you can only play when your signed in to psn. how **bleep** dumb is that,

Again, Sony trying to make sure people aren't getting multiple copies. If you played on one PS3 one day, and then signed that PS3 offline. Then signed in on the other the next day, you could essentially play on both. By signing in and having to be online you are showing you are only having access to one copy. I'm guessing they believe that those downloading it, are the type of gamers that are online always. I'd be more upset if they told me I could only use my physical copy online.

i bet no one would have ever bought a game off of there if they knew that **bleep**. and no one couldnt have read and saw it because it was just put up there 6 hours after RE6 and 2K13 dropped.

This is unfortunate, if true. I don't have anything to go by other then your word. However, if this is true I think I'd call in to Sony and ask for a refund, so I could go get a hard copy.

i most certainly wont be spending any more on that **bleep**. what if the internet goes out or is off for a few days,

Been there and done that. We were without internet this summer when I got back from a week in Cabo with my Wife. I wanted to play Diablo 3 (have to be connected to Blizzards servers to play even single player). I ended up hanging out with my kids (bike riding, playing D&D, playing some of my other games). It was really painful.:smileyvery-happy:

or maybe go on vacation and cant even play my **bleep** game.

Why would you pay to go on vacation and then do something you could do at home? Enjoy your family, friends and the sights.

thats **bleep**, it makes no sense for that **bleep** to be like that. it really seems like Sony is turning into **bleep**. i can see why it should only be played on one account, but for them to say :you must be signed into PSN each time you start the game" is some **bleep**.

Again, if you don't sign in, they won't know that it's only being played by one person at a time. Shouldn't be that hard to understand.

**bleep** them they'll never get any money off me,

I'm sure they're devastated. Their loss.

as long as i can play for free ill shop at gamestop....

Hmm, I didn't know gamestop gave away games. Is this the business profile you were hoping Sony would follow?

It just comes down to Sony trying to cover themselves, so people aren't getting multiple copies. If this doesn't work for you, then I think your plan of action is the way that works best for you.

If you are hoping to have 2+ copies (as I sometimes do with my boys), then wait for prices to drop before buying new games. Well unless you can afford the $120 for two copies for you and your brother.

The above is just opinion, something you will get when you post in a forum. Oh and please try to hit the enter bar once in awhile, if not for style, but for readability.

Peace and good gaming.

Edited title for profanity.

Message 15 of 26 (319 Views)
PlayStation MVP
15582 posts

Oct 3, 2012

Doppelgangergang wrote:
Space Cape had a field day hammering the edit button on this thread. :smileyvery-happy:

Anyway, READ THE TERMS OF SERVICE. It isn't that hard and gives you an overview of what you are signing up for.

Yea, except.....I dont see anything different with my posts. 

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 16 of 26 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 3, 2012

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Doppelgangergang wrote:
Space Cape had a field day hammering the edit button on this thread. :smileyvery-happy:

Anyway, READ THE TERMS OF SERVICE. It isn't that hard and gives you an overview of what you are signing up for.

If you look at the bottom of the OP's first post it says, "Edited title for profanity."

So he wasn't editing your post, just the title that came along with replying to his post.

Message 17 of 26 (287 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15582 posts

Oct 3, 2012

UnrealButcher wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Doppelgangergang wrote:

If you look at the bottom of the OP's first post it says, "Edited title for profanity."

So he wasn't editing your post, just the title that came along with replying to his post.

Ahh ok

Logic, who would've thought eh? Oh wait.... No one thinks anymore.
Message 18 of 26 (280 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Oct 3, 2012
Don't listen to anything the original poster said. As someone who split NBA2k13, Borderlands 2, and Madden 13 with a friend they both work fine. I can play the game's without a internet connection and I can play the game's on any account on my PS3 even though it's only activated on the 1 account. The OP is just a moron.
Message 19 of 26 (269 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Oct 4, 2012

Thank you very much for posting this as I would have been someone who would not have read the fine print.

Message 20 of 26 (235 Views)
0 Likes