Mar 16 2013
By: the_ed_85 I Only Post Everything 1014 posts

Darkstalkers: Ressurection

10 replies 1417 views Edited Mar 16, 2013
I just got this game today, and I love it. Some people may not know Darkstalkers outside of Marvel vs Capcom, but this series is what created the engine in Street Fighter Alpha (one of the best received 2D fighting game franchises ever).

The game is easy to describe, picture Street Fighter 2 with monsters and much smoother gameplay user defined game speed and a lot more extras. The visuals are amazing, it has 2 games, you can record your replay data and upload straight to YouTube directly from the game (no need for those expensive capture cards, only downside is upload quality is 360p), it has local vs, online vs, online vs ranked, training, and online tournament. Every review I've read about this game says that the matchmaking is similar skill, very fast, and online play is possibly the best quality on psn or Xbox live. There's also a spectating mode, and a bunch of different ways to view your screen (the play field does not have to take up the entire screen). If you like fighting games, I very strongly recommend Darkstalkers: Ressurection. For $15 you can't get anything better.
My PSN
Message 1 of 11 (1,417 Views)
0 Likes
SIEA
1490 posts

Re: Darkstalkers: Ressurection

Mar 16, 2013

the_ed_85 wrote:
 For $15 you can't get anything better.

Glad to hear it's good. I got sucked back in to Street Fighter 3 when that came out on PSN a year or so back. Might have to make some time for this one. 

Message 2 of 11 (1,237 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1014 posts

Mar 16, 2013
There are people that are comparing this to sf3 rerelease, and saying that this blows it out of the water.
My PSN
Message 3 of 11 (732 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1014 posts

Mar 17, 2013
Wow, is nobody else interested in such a good addition to the psn store?
My PSN
Message 4 of 11 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
336 posts

Mar 17, 2013

the_ed_85 wrote:
Wow, is nobody else interested in such a good addition to the psn store?

I am. I always liked the look of this game when it first came out. There were a lot of fighter clones back in the day, but Capcom obliviously was king of fighting games.

Message 5 of 11 (298 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1014 posts

Mar 17, 2013
Back in the day when fighters were king and players had to actually have skill to be good at a game. Back then, capcom and midway were the top two. Midway ended up having more success in the long run, since street fighter and darkstalkers fell to the sidelines and basically disappeared for about over a decade, but capcom is coming back and we might see those good times of gaming come back.
My PSN
Message 6 of 11 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8174 posts

Mar 17, 2013

Yeah I was really excited when I logged into the store after the weekly update and saw Darkstalkers on the storefront. I grew up playing the series in arcades and also have a copy of the original title for my Ps1. 

Definitely plan on picking this up soon! One thing I noticed though is that it doesn't look like the game received and HD make-over... is that the case? The pics on the store made it look like it was all original sprites. 

Message 7 of 11 (288 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
336 posts

Mar 17, 2013

Jag_Stilvecchio wrote:

One thing I noticed though is that it doesn't look like the game received and HD make-over... is that the case? The pics on the store made it look like it was all original sprites. 

I was concerned about that myself. I don't want this game looking like junk on my HDTV.

This review says you can play it in HD.

http://www.psnation.org/2013/03/14/review-darkstalkers-resurrection-psn/

Message 8 of 11 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
108 posts

Mar 17, 2013

the game its not HD, it has filters similar to Marvel vs Capcom 2 SFIII and Marvel vs Capcom origins

what i found annoying its that they included an older darkstalkers with darkstalkers 3 whats the point ? its almost the same game only with less characters and different story so i feel like i would be paying $15 for darkstalkers 3

Message 9 of 11 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
8174 posts

Mar 17, 2013

DesolatiionAngel wrote:

the game its not HD, it has filters similar to Marvel vs Capcom 2 SFIII and Marvel vs Capcom origins

what i found annoying its that they included an older darkstalkers with darkstalkers 3 whats the point ? its almost the same game only with less characters and different story so i feel like i would be paying $15 for darkstalkers 3

Thanks for the information DesolationAngel. Good to know about the graphics. I'll probably still get the game but might wait a bit and see if the price drops before doing so.

Message 10 of 11 (263 Views)
0 Likes