Mar 22 2013
By: roboproc First Son 22 posts

Dark Stalkers Resurrection: Love The Game, But...

[ Edited ]
6 replies 240 views Edited Mar 18, 2014

Hello Ladies & Gents;

I just want to say first of all that I truly love Dark stalkers, I always have, and Resurrection is in my opinion the best rendition of the game by far! However, even with the love I have for this game I truly wish that we could see a redraw of the game, specifically the characters.

The different options to change the quality of the game provide little improvement, no matter what the overall image quality is poor with fairly extreme pixelating. And, what is the point of having the window mode set to arcade, over shoulder, etc? Who would actually play the game like that? The only benefit I can see is that it drastically shrinks the window size making the quality of the graphics much better.

So anyways, don't get me wrong. I absolutely love the art style of this game, I really do. I am just talking about the quality of the graphics themselves. I know this is probably totally unreasonable, but I am just bringing it up for discussion. I think we can all agree that it would be great to get some high resolution graphics to play with Smiley Wink

Mod Edit: Added label. Want to learn more about labels? Click here! -Super_Nova2k13

Message 1 of 7 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
28 posts

Re: Dark Stalkers Resurrection: Love The Game, But...

Mar 23, 2013

Well, it's been hinted at by Yoshinori Ono (a game-producer for Capcom who's well-known as a very big public figure in the Fighting Game Community) that if DS: R does well in terms of sales, there's a strong possibility that it will send a message to Capcom that fans want another Darkstalkers game.

Here's hoping that they get the message, you may just get a very polished Darkstalkers game yet, it might just be a year or two. 

Message 2 of 7 (214 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1014 posts

Mar 23, 2013
I love this game and I play it pretty often. I did notice that they didn't really improve on the graphics, but it kind of keeps the oldschool feel of the game.
My PSN
Message 3 of 7 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
572 posts

Mar 25, 2013

the_ed_85 wrote:
I love this game and I play it pretty often. I did notice that they didn't really improve on the graphics, but it kind of keeps the oldschool feel of the game.

I completely agree. I just hope Capcom has a new Darkstalkers game in the works Smiley Happy

ouyofo.jpg

Message 4 of 7 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
572 posts

Mar 27, 2013
does anybody have darkstalkers: resurrection and maybe wanna play a few games in the future? add me if so.

ouyofo.jpg

Message 5 of 7 (179 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1014 posts

Mar 28, 2013
I'll add you tomorrow.
My PSN
Message 6 of 7 (173 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 28, 2013
riks my fave too
Message 7 of 7 (168 Views)
0 Likes