Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 16 2012
By: WHITE_PR Lombax Warrior 138 posts

DTS audio Dolby audio switch

3 replies 118 views Edited Dec 16, 2012

Hello!

I notice that some games don't choose by default, if they have both audio (dts & dolby)  DTS first   The games that happens to me right now are: BF3 (digital) Medal of  Honor WF (disk) FIFA13 (disk)

for the other part games that I have and choose DTS insteed of Dolby first are: ACIII (disk) NBA2k13 (disk)

I have a Yamaha HT receiver and  I love DTS AUDIO. I think that is not user friendly that I have to turn off Dolby check mark and then start those  games. Because everytime I did it that way, I forget to put back on and when I insert a game that don't support DTS goes to Stereo and that's not funny. 

Hope  Sony read this. 

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 4 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
113 posts

Re: DTS audio Dolby audio switch

[ Edited ]
Dec 21, 2012

Hello there,

Your answer you are seeking is actually in your post!
Any game that 'houses' such 'audio options,' has to be compatible with the Dolby/DTS audio hardware. Some games don't support such options and will 'down-grade' the audio to Stereo.

*Edit:  Unless you purchase a 'Decoder' but then you'll have the audio in a 'simulated' sound closely relating to what you're seeking but not 'true digital sound.'

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 4 (100 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Dec 21, 2012
Far more devices support Dolby Digital than DTS, so it isn't surprising to me that the default option is Dolby...
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 4 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
323 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 22, 2012

yep some games support DTS, but you have to de-select dolby to enable it. just like some games auto upscale to 1080 even though they arent native 1080p, you should always select 720p native if it does that.  it looks blurry and not as sharp as native.

just how it is.

One day at a time babe....
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 4 (85 Views)
0 Likes