Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
221 posts

Re: DS4 Analog Stick - How is Yours Holding Up?

Jan 26, 2014

VVarlos wrote:

Mine have been holding up really well. Have had 2 since day one. I am using one on my PS4 or the other on my PS3 daily. Have not run into any issues other than the analogs getting a little oily from my hands. I find my self having to wipe it down on my pants every once in a while. Probably just me and my overly perspiring hands though lol. 

having slippery analon sticks is how it starts bro.it did for me anyway.eventually youll see it wear down .its coming.i recommend either sending it to sony or just buy some geltabs from gamestop.with the geltabs the feel,grip is actually better than when the stock sti cks were new.they are softer and are just better than stock.

Message 81 of 98 (238 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 29, 2014
Yes mine has started to crack on left side from BF4 multiplayer. That's fine I love my ps4 and will be loyal forever but this does need to be fixed and should have been assessed more rigourously before launch. I rang playstation and it is under warranty and replaced so happy days. <3 my ps4!!
Message 82 of 98 (215 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 30, 2014

First hour of using DS4 (after using DS3 for years):

ds42.jpg

Message 83 of 98 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
71 posts

Jan 30, 2014
Mine is peeling as well. Ive been a ps fan since 1 ive had at least two of every system. By far this is the biggest step backwards ive seen in a console launch. The longer i have ps4 the more dissatisfied i am. What other thing have you bought for 400 that has issue after issue. Its not like itsone issue for everyone. Its so many things its becoming very frustrating. And all we ever get is some lame work around or excuse. Never a real fix, explanation, time line, update progress note, or sny real answer.
Message 84 of 98 (185 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3558 posts

Re: My joysticks have worn down rapidly!

Feb 1, 2014

Bad news:

My 3rd DS4 that I got, I'm the only one that played with it. I always wash my hands before playing and don't eat when playing.

This week I played Resogun. Yesterday I played and felt something sticking up on the left stick. Looked, and there it was. The hard plastic edge peeking out of the peeling coating.

It lasted longer with only me playing with it. My family having 5 of us that use the PS4 made the first 2 DS4 left stick degrade very fast.

Utter care taken with the 3rd one, it was fine for awhile but suddenly degraded. Resogun being the game I played heavily the first day I played it this week, then again the next day, a day off, then yesterday. Right stick is perfect, and Resogun uses the Right stick to shoot. It's not wearing down at all, it's firm and the high edged coating that is solid.

I've used the controller to play LEGO Marvel Super Heroes, Don't Starve, Netflix, Vudu, Messages, Trophies, Playstation Live and Resogun.

Even if some don't agree, it's the left stick that's the problem, the coating is defective. I mean I don't game hard or soft I just game with both sticks as a game requires, and Resogun is heavy on right stick. But left is what wears down.

Message 85 of 98 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
129 posts

Re: My joysticks have worn down rapidly!

Feb 1, 2014

Sorry to hear that so many are having issues.

Me...I didn't take the chance. Purchased a 5 dollar pack of "grip it" covers & put this possible issue to bed.

I would suggest to anyone not having problems currently to do the same. Problem solved.

Message 86 of 98 (159 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1839 posts

Feb 1, 2014

Maybe this instructional video will help your analog sticks...

http://youtu.be/NKcGrv5w6BI

Sorry to hear people are having trouble.

guitar guru 2012
Message 87 of 98 (152 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3558 posts

Feb 1, 2014

Wow how horrible so many people think us with bad left stick peeling/defective/wearing down issues are bad players. Don't use the controller correctly or something.

I play nicely with mine and so do many others. My family does too, I taught them how to play afterall. 

Message 88 of 98 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
332 posts

Feb 1, 2014
Mines just slippery as hell. I have to keep wiping it to get a grip on the left stick. It's like oil on the top of stick. Finger slips off Super easy and I always have to position my thumb with my right hand when just moving forward lol ds3 was fine cause I always push from the sides of sticks and not the top.
Message 89 of 98 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
25302 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 1, 2014

L1 not feeling so good. that and the battery life is looking ugly

EDIT: this controller's overall feel is better but the durability and battery life is terrible. no way should the controllers be breaking within the first few months

I'm here to help. If you have a question feel free to pm me. Idling on IRC is for noobs. :smileytongue:

Get your Portable ID!
Message 90 of 98 (114 Views)
0 Likes