Hekseville Citizen
249 posts

Re: DS4 Analog Stick - How is Yours Holding Up?

Jan 21, 2014

No problems with the sticks or the controller in general and I play a lot. I do have the caps covered with Kontrol Freeks though. CQB on the left and Sniper on the right. CQB is short and concave and Sniper is domed and taller. 

Message 71 of 98 (450 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

My joysticks have worn down rapidly!

Jan 22, 2014
My controllers for my ps4 have worn down to the plastic in less than a month of LIGHT use! Now I must pay to send in my controllers which will be gone for "around two weeks". That is if I can find my receipt. My ps3 controllers have held up fine for nearly 6 years? I wish I would have waited a couple more weeks before paying for the online use.
Message 72 of 98 (445 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Re: My joysticks have worn down rapidly!

Jan 22, 2014

bwkdrum wrote:
My controllers for my ps4 have worn down to the plastic in less than a month of LIGHT use! Now I must pay to send in my controllers which will be gone for "around two weeks". That is if I can find my receipt. My ps3 controllers have held up fine for nearly 6 years? I wish I would have waited a couple more weeks before paying for the online use.

Weird. I have played for hours on end and they are fine. Perhaps that is because I alternate between controllers (I have 2) and never use them with greasy fingers.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 73 of 98 (440 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4114 posts

Re: My joysticks have worn down rapidly!

Jan 22, 2014

Setzaroth wrote:

bwkdrum wrote:

Weird. I have played for hours on end and they are fine. Perhaps that is because I alternate between controllers (I have 2) and never use them with greasy fingers.

I never sent in my two controller that I was going to. Anyhow 2 controllers initially with our PS4 bought Nov. 15th 2013, were visibly wearing down a tad after a day, and within 2 weeks were bad off. I mean the left stick only on each of them.

Later, while deciding what to do, we got a third controller from BB (we got all the other PS4 stuff in Nov. at the same store) and that controller has been in use with NO degradation of either analogue stick.

Difference? Only a different controller, not different people, same hand washing (which we always do before playing) and same how it's played with, everything the same.

I'm only saying this now since it's not very nice when people here and other places online with no problem indicate those with the probem are the actual problem. My situation proves it with 2 bad and 1 perfect controller all in the field used the same way, it's the coating on the analog sticks, some of them are degrading and it's a manufacturing defect, not something the person did wrong.

Message 74 of 98 (424 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
281 posts

dual shock 4 sticks

Jan 23, 2014
Is the fact that the rubber is already wearing off and becoming smooth in spots covered under a warrenty or is that normal? My ds3 didnt wear for months after use.
Message 75 of 98 (437 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
56263 posts

Re: dual shock 4 sticks

Jan 23, 2014

niunit wrote:
Is the fact that the rubber is already wearing off and becoming smooth in spots covered under a warrenty or is that normal? My ds3 didnt wear for months after use.

They have been covering it under warranty but you have to cover the shipping expense (or so i've read)

Message 76 of 98 (416 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Playstation 4 Controllers and how they can be solved

Jan 25, 2014

Hello Playstation i have bought your newest gaming system the Playstation 4 and i love but there are a few problems i would like to address mostly concerning the controller or the "Dual Shock 4" the material on them very easily gets rubbed off and get tore up very quickly causing people to either buy another controller or a third party brand of grip for the joysticks and a very simple way to fix this problem is use the material from the Playstation 3 on the new controller leave the newly shaped joystick the same the design the same and this will cost basically nothing because of the 1840000000$ dollars you made off the ps4 not even including the accessories.

Message 77 of 98 (417 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3069 posts

Jan 25, 2014

The left stick is fine but the right stick has seem the material wear off.

Message 78 of 98 (385 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1359 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 25, 2014

I don't seem to have any problem with my controller here a tip on how to fix it

Found at gamestop

Hey Guys, for those like me who have already replaced a controller due to worn out rubber on the thumbsticks, or are contemplating it because the rubber tops are thinning or peeling, i came up with this temporary solution.

I took a pair of my 5yr old daughters old black mittens and cut off the thumb tips, then i placed it over each thumbstick and sewed the open bottom around the stick part itself and pulled it nice and tight, almost making a type of winter hat for the thumbsticks.

Now you would think it would make it loose or maybe your finger might slide off the stick, but it doesn't. i think because of the indentation on the top of each thumbstick, Plus the seam of the mittens original stitching, the material just settles in and it makes it quite comfortable to grip and play, and yet the fabric is soft enough to not wear the rubber thumbstick tops any worse.

I've already tested gameplay with Call of Duty Multiplayer and Knack, two games that demand alot of thumbstick movement, and it felt and responded just fine.

Well it's a temporary fix at best, at least until Sony decides to revamp the controller, hopefully in the near future.

These childrens black mittens can be found in any dollar store, Wal-mart or Target, dirt cheap....

Take a look at the pic's and let me know what you think

Sorry Couldn't add picture due to maximum file size

So you has to vist the picture here

http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1227/12274686/2404399-000_0078.jpg

http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1227/12274686/2404400-000_0079.jpg

addtext_com_MTEwMTQzMTk0MzI5.jpg

Message 79 of 98 (380 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 25, 2014

About ten days of use here:

ds4

Message 80 of 98 (365 Views)
0 Likes