First Son
2 posts

Re: The material on the DS4 analog stick

Jan 21, 2014
I find myself trying to support the hold of the left stick with my right hand sometimes during FIFA14. All of my DS4 controllers are peeled off so its definitely a thing. After only 2 months of use..! I can only imagine what will happen after 4-8 months.
Message 61 of 98 (192 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Jan 21, 2014
Only complaint I have is they hurt my thumbs after prolonged exposure to [usage of] them. I'm getting thumb stick grips though. I shouldn't have to do this though, they're uncomfortable, to me at least .
Message 62 of 98 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
55022 posts

Jan 21, 2014

Xcluded85 wrote:

Does your DS4 analog stick starts to peel off a bit ?

Playing fifa14 for awhile.

Came to realize that the left analog stick peel off a tiny bit.

Tiny bits came off a bit.

I have not personally had this issue but I've read at least half a dozen threads where people do have this same issue as you.  It should be covered under warranty but you might have to pay for shipping.

Message 63 of 98 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3805 posts

Re: DS4 Analog Stick - How is Yours Holding Up?

Jan 21, 2014

This is the one Time I can't can't take Sony side even with the warranty replacement. You have to pay to ship your broke controller to them and they will replace it. This cost you $6.00 or more shipping for a rubber parts that cost 5 cents to make. No reason to trash a good controller for one. Sending you free replacement cover would save both you and Sony money. Also saving you time with out your PS4 if you have no second controller.

My left stick has a small tare on the outside edge. To much Resogun I guess. While my PS3 controller 5-6 years old still looks like new! You can even still see the small texture on them.

I got on Ebay and ordered 5 sets of analog controller sticks. That's the whole thing not just the cover 10 of them 5 sets for $6.99 They are from China and may be knockoffs but it says made by Sony and they have many thousands of positive feedbacks. I waiting on them now.

I also bought 2 different sets of covers from Walmart cost me $5 each.

Getting Older doesn't mean it's GAME OVER
It's a better idea to buy games for your PS4
Than to buy a New Console for your PS4
Message 64 of 98 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13084 posts

Jan 21, 2014
Mine are fine. A little oily but they're fine
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Thanks Saviorsixtysix for the sig
Message 65 of 98 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
50 posts

Jan 21, 2014

My sticks are fine and show no sign of wear. However, I have only had my PS4 since Christmas so it might be too early to say. I know that many people are having problems with theirs, but I actually really like the feel of them. I don't see myself using any covers for them unless they completely deteriorate. Seems like people are making a bigger deal about them being terrible than is warranted.

Message 66 of 98 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
87 posts

Jan 21, 2014

I have only had my PS4 since 2 days before Christmas, but I have put in a good amount of time on BF4 and I still don't see any wear on my controllers. 

Message 67 of 98 (189 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 21, 2014

Mine have been holding up really well. Have had 2 since day one. I am using one on my PS4 or the other on my PS3 daily. Have not run into any issues other than the analogs getting a little oily from my hands. I find my self having to wipe it down on my pants every once in a while. Probably just me and my overly perspiring hands though lol. 

Message 68 of 98 (183 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
430 posts

Jan 21, 2014

Mine seems to be doing fine with nothing out of the ordinary. Had it since launch, and my daughter likes to bite the analog sticks. She's got 6 teeth so far.

Message 69 of 98 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2157 posts

Jan 21, 2014

I am not too rough on mine but I have heard it squeek a few times which has me a little concerned with the durability of it.  Feels great in my hand and shows no other signs of wear, just the occasional squeek.

Atari, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, PS1, Sega Saturn, PS2, PSP, PS3, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3ds and PS4
Message 70 of 98 (180 Views)
0 Likes