Splicer
52 posts

Re: PS4 Controller Joysticks DEGRADED AFTER 1 WEEK!

Jan 4, 2014
Your gaming sessions must get pretty intense lol

Message 41 of 98 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
32 posts

Jan 4, 2014
Dogpaw131 is right, its arsewholes like YOU Mooseface, that have kept me off this forum for years and why I don't often post. Since when does posting about legitimate a problem equal pretentious, attention-grabbing behavior? I hope your joysticks rot like mine so you can EAT DIRT.
Message 42 of 98 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
32 posts

Jan 4, 2014
On the RELEVANT side of things; I've realized three things:

1.) I put a good amount of pressure on my left stick while playing FPS'ers. It helps that BF4 has a function to just click the L3 to run instead of holding it down. This is where I see the problem began.

2.) While the covers are going to be a lifesaver, Sony chose a bad coating, plain and simple. I've been gaming on the same Dualshock 3 controller for over 2 years and the sticks are still in excellent shape. Point is, I shouldn't have to change my gaming style to suit the controller.

Oh, and Moosechops, I sincerely hope you get cancer.
Message 43 of 98 (237 Views)
Fender Bender
3629 posts

Jan 4, 2014
If he gets thumb cancer that's on you now.
Message 44 of 98 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
792 posts

Jan 4, 2014

bveracka wrote:
Dogpaw131 is right, its arsewholes like YOU Mooseface, that have kept me off this forum for years and why I don't often post. Since when does posting about legitimate a problem equal pretentious, attention-grabbing behavior? I hope your joysticks rot like mine so you can EAT DIRT.

P-O-O-P
Message 45 of 98 (226 Views)
Wastelander
792 posts

Jan 4, 2014

but i agree with you though the DS4 controller (while i dont personally own one) i have used friend's controllers and they have already got them worn out and they got it on christmas -_- 

P-O-O-P
Message 46 of 98 (224 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5102 posts

Jan 4, 2014
My L3 button is jacked up too. I think it was a poor design by Sony because a new controller should last more than 2 months. Maybe the people without issues have very soft girl hands and have never done manual labor.
And the results are in, the winner of Sonys #20YearsOf Play poll is...
"Winner: SOCOM II: U.S. Navy Seals (24.74%)"​

It's a great day to be a SOCOM fan!!!!!!!!!!
Awesome job SOCOM fans, Worldwide!
Message 47 of 98 (211 Views)
Limit Breaker
23384 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 4, 2014

bveracka wrote:

2.) While the covers are going to be a lifesaver, Sony chose a bad coating, plain and simple. I've been gaming on the same Dualshock 3 controller for over 2 years and the sticks are still in excellent shape. Point is, I shouldn't have to change my gaming

i agreed.. over the years.. quality of products we have today are slipping..  but.. i guess it's the economy.. so can't be helped..

PSone controlllers.. PS2.. .PS3.. PS4..

it looks like the quality is going downhill..

*this is not relate* but i noticed the same LIFETIME brand table that i bought from costo 1-2 yr ago comparing to the current one.. the old one is thicker and more sturdy..!!

quality is not what it used to be....Smiley Indifferent

What Are Internet TROLLS and STALKERS ??
Before you Game Share Read Me
Can Not add funds to your Wallet ? Read me
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 48 of 98 (210 Views)
Monster Hunter
32 posts

Jan 4, 2014
@ZaRnYtH -- THANK YOU for also validating my claim. I really don't understand why anyone would think I was making this up. I LOVE my Playstation, in fact I love all four of 'em. I've been a Sony boy since '96. Im just bummed that after all the hype of a new system and a newly designed controller, I have to fix it after just two weeks. I'm sure anyone who's ever made (and spent) an honest buck can agree with me. It's bad R&D on Sony's behalf, PERIOD!

I'm ordering some Omnigrips and putting this subject to bed.
Message 49 of 98 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
32 posts

Jan 4, 2014
@MADDENKING1980 - lol..I've got huge hands so it might be making it worse. My fingernails DEF have nothing to do with it. It's just average play on a sub-par product. The joysticks are poorly finished, period.
I think that it's more play-style than anything. Some people "hold" the sticks while others always have their thumbs on top of 'em. When I play FPSers, my thumb is always touching the left joystick (but DEF not really hard); so naturally that's the one that got worn-down pretty badly. There's still no excuse, especially when you look at my other controllers.
Message 50 of 98 (211 Views)
0 Likes