PlayStation MVP
11414 posts

Re: DRM level should be clearly labeled on front of each game.

Jun 7, 2013

darknovaxp wrote:

Can someone provide a legitimate reason for why DRM is the fifth horseman?

I thought taxes was the 5th.....

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 14 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
63 posts

Jun 8, 2013

balmungfury wrote:

Shrewder wrote:

I am very interested to see how these conditions are communicated and how consumers will be educated before they make the purchase of hardware and software. Will Microsoft and following publishers advertise these conditions in ads and on the product itself? How much responsibility will be placed on the retailers? I'm going to enjoy following how this next-generation plays out in the short and long term.

It will probably be along this line:

HALO X on Xbox one

requires internet fee, activaction fee, 1 year contract, manual 24 hr licsense check  and suck your soul out.

You forgot a DNA sample, first born and insurance policy to reimburse the publishers in case you die and can't buy video games because ...as everybody knows, losing sales due to customer mortality is just like piracy.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 14 (57 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
14993 posts

Jun 8, 2013

thegreatsquare wrote:

"If", it was the very first word. So try to have an open mind about it.

...and Sony said DRM will be up to publisher. IF a publisher chooses to use DRM, what that DRM is should be clearly labeled on the front of the item for sale.

The answer is pretty obvious... if they did, no one would buy the game. Especially when it came to reviews, the facts would already be laid out before any smart gamer/shopper bought the game.

Instead, they would be a bit more obscure by putting it in fine print, on the back of the case where you almost never look.

In any case, that'd be a slippery slope, because there is isn't much in the way of how DRM would be handled on a console.

And leaving it to publishers would lead most to assume it be to have an always online connection.... which never really works anyhow.

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 14 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2413 posts

Jun 8, 2013

Even if they did have that label, to tell people about DRM, people will still overlook it and continue to purchase said game.

"I'm not a failure because I didn't win, I'm a failure because I didn't try." - Kev

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 14 (42 Views)
0 Likes