Splicer
89 posts

Re: DOA5 Dead or Alive 5: What do you think of it??

Oct 6, 2012
I have had no issues witht he disk version of the game. Runs great, gonna hate the day they completely eliminate physical media and go pure DL

Message 11 of 56 (626 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
212 posts

Oct 8, 2012

Then don't buy DL only games and only purchase psyical games. Money talks!! Servers won't be around forever!! Eventually all DL only games that you "bought" (rented) will be unavaliable!! I'm sure the TOS covers that!! Only psyical games are truly yours forever!!

Message 12 of 56 (605 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Oct 16, 2012
Dead or alive 5 online sucks. You could just win by pressing jab jab jab jab and doing same stupid combos all over again. And it laggsssss alot when playing online.

Dead or Alive 5 requires alot of skills! Only if you play offline.

Online sucks and even with awesome skills you will still lose cause it laggssssss sooooooooooo baddddddddddddd.

Im sticking to street fighter 4. It has the best online so far. I'm still waiting and see how online is for PlayStation Allstars before I buy it. If the online is good Then I will preorder allstars right away. If it is bad then I stick to street fighter 4.
Message 13 of 56 (583 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

Feb 14, 2013

Well, this is the first fighting game that I'm really playing. I owned DOA Hardcore for PS2 but hardly played it. No one to play versus since there was no online at that time. I really can't compare past DOA games other than say the graphics look better or that the game mechanics are more complex now than they were. I'm a more casual player than a hardcore one. There's definitely a lot that interests me here. I love having to unlock content instead of normally having to pay for everything extra. I also like the fact that when v1.03 came out, there are now alternate ways to unlock content. Just disappointed that Ranked matches online now are hard to come by unless you plan being online for Ranked matches with a friend so you'll keep playing each other. Other than that, this is a great game and I hope that another installment shows up on the PS3!

"Relax and let me do all the work," says Morrigan Aensland to Ghost Rider.

Get your Portable ID!
Message 14 of 56 (407 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Feb 14, 2013

The weakness of this game is it's online, randomly glitchy.  I'm hoping the current patch also included some work on the netcode. 

Message 15 of 56 (403 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41356 posts

Feb 17, 2013
Graphics are nice but like my problems with Soul Calibur this gen, I'm wondering why they're taking out stuff that shouldn't really be an issue/was standard in past games.

I like what they tried with the Story mode but I'd have preferred the option for the 'standard' one too where you choose a character and fight 8-10 matches with story sprinkled in. I know Story kind of introduces you to a variety of characters along with giving you some tutorial stuff but I wish the old setup was there. This also leads me to Survival mode. Why the bloody hell did they strip out item drops? I loved Survival mode in the past games and that each character had items specific to them (and that the items helped in your score and getting some health back). I'm really confused about the change =\

Been through Training with nearly everyone but I think I still have Ryu, Alpha and that godawful Akira left to do. I got down to Akira's last move (3H+KP466P+K) and couldn't do it for the life of me. Looked up some help and saw people saying you need to start the last part before/as Akira's punch connects :smileyindifferent: I've never really bothered with him in VF (prefer Vanessa, Goh, etc. and would have preferred them making the jump) so being stuck on Akira is nerve-racking. And I'm not bothering with Ryu yet cause of his insane commands (Izuna Drop).

Been maining Tina so far (as in the past) and kind of want to expand to Mila but as mentioned in an earlier post, her moveset is kind of small, but she's new and that gives them room to expand in the future. My opinion on online is probably the same as above: lag kills matches and too many people poking/abusing the same combos (for me, mostly in juggles where I get screwed). Oh, and I hope Brad Wong dies in a fire :smileyindifferent: Hate fighting against him online.

Don't know what Team Ninja is doing with the DLC. Looked it up and I think someone calculated that buying the bundles, it'll run you roughly $89-90 for all the DLC :smileyindifferent:

Message 16 of 56 (395 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Feb 17, 2013

SlashZaku wrote:

...Been through Training with nearly everyone but I think I still have Ryu, Alpha and that godawful Akira left to do. I got down to Akira's last move (3H+KP466P+K) and couldn't do it for the life of me. Looked up some help and saw people saying you need to start the last part before/as Akira's punch connects :smileyindifferent: I've never really bothered with him in VF (prefer Vanessa, Goh, etc. and would have preferred them making the jump) so being stuck on Akira is nerve-racking. And I'm not bothering with Ryu yet cause of his insane commands (Izuna Drop)...

For me it was Akiras JF knee (his 1 framer move).  I can't begin to tell you how long I was on that,  after him it was Sarah with that triple kick move that transitions from the flamingo stance.  I still have to unlock Alpha so that I can complete her moveset.

If you play the game primarily offline then it's great,  the online is the weakness,  it's just randomly glitchy.  I dont know how much the current patch helps, if any, since I've not been on with it on either system due mainly to Ni No Kuni.  However if it stays as it has been this is what will happen:  the online community will drop off in significant numbers.  I know this 'cause it's happened on the other system.  last time I checked, over a month ago, there was easily a 25% drop in people who played online on the other system then when the game came out.  That's dangerous  (note emphaisis) for such a relatively new title & I believe it's due to the lousy online.  This system has the benefit of the Japanese players primarily taking up any slack,  but that won't last forever.  To be fair, for all I know,  most of those players could be going into private matches, but I doubt that very highly. 

For some comparison, the DoA4 online community was fairly consistant for some 4 or 5 years after the games release. 

Message 17 of 56 (393 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41356 posts

Feb 17, 2013

Randzz01 wrote:

SlashZaku wrote:

...Been through Training with nearly everyone but I think I still have Ryu, Alpha and that godawful Akira left to do. I got down to Akira's last move (3H+KP466P+K) and couldn't do it for the life of me. Looked up some help and saw people saying you need to start the last part before/as Akira's punch connects :smileyindifferent: I've never really bothered with him in VF (prefer Vanessa, Goh, etc. and would have preferred them making the jump) so being stuck on Akira is nerve-racking. And I'm not bothering with Ryu yet cause of his insane commands (Izuna Drop)...

For me it was Akiras JF knee (his 1 framer move).  I can't begin to tell you how long I was on that,  after him it was Sarah with that triple kick move that transitions from the flamingo stance.  I still have to unlock Alpha so that I can complete her moveset.

If you play the game primarily offline then it's great,  the online is the weakness,  it's just randomly glitchy.  I dont know how much the current patch helps, if any, since I've not been on with it on either system due mainly to Ni No Kuni.  However if it stays as it has been this is what will happen:  the online community will drop off in significant numbers.  I know this 'cause it's happened on the other system.  last time I checked, over a month ago, there was easily a 25% drop in people who played online on the other system then when the game came out.  That's dangerous  (note emphaisis) for such a relatively new title & I believe it's due to the lousy online.  This system has the benefit of the Japanese players primarily taking up any slack,  but that won't last forever.  To be fair, for all I know,  most of those players could be going into private matches, but I doubt that very highly. 

For some comparison, the DoA4 online community was fairly consistant for some 4 or 5 years after the games release. 

For the 1 framer, you have to have your finger barely on the H button so that it slips off during the press.  I don't know when the hell someone would use that move, so just spam the command/method to get it out of the way.  Sarah's Triple Kick is one of those time specific things.  You have to do each next command as the kick connects (if I'm thinking of the right one).  Takes a few tries but I got hers out of the way.  I think the most annoying thing with her was her 'stepping forward' stuff cause the move you need (think it was 6P+K) isn't labeled as 'stepping forward'.  I had to look it up.  Also wish that the move list told you what moves could turn a character around cause of the 'back facing foe' moves.

I'm not big on online at all.  I'm working towards Alpha but I think I'll play at the most, 200 ranked matches and be done with online cause I just don't see myself beating the Legendary difficulties w/o any Continues for the last 3 costumes I need for the mains (sans Alpha).  50, 100 & 200 matches to unlock the Tina, Christie and Lisa costumes and I think 300 for Alpha if you don't want to do the 300 titles (I'm at 200+ so I'll stick with the title method).  Once I'm done with that, it's probably just going to be Versus & Survival for me.

Message 18 of 56 (389 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
41356 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 20, 2013

Well, played for about an hour and a half today in Versus, working on Titles (need less than 40 more to 300 which I'll probably do with "Use ____ 50/100 times" ones) and got maybe 3 Throwdown challenges in that span, all 3 with a '1' connection. I actually passed on the last 2 when I saw their connection. Gonna be a long road to 200 =\

UPDATE: Takes every fiber of my being not to put my hand through the wall or throw my controller :smileyindifferent:  Got to Stage 7 of 8 on Legendary with Ryu in Arcade, just a few rounds away from Tina's last costume.  Guess who they throw at me: Lisa.  I have a hard time fighting Lisa cause of her lunges during some attacks or just the odd assortment of throws mixed in.  Didn't use any continues till I got to her and blew through 3-4 of them :smileyindifferent:  Beat her, got to Tina, beat her with no continues, just like everyone else, and no fíng costume.  **bleep** me off and made me turn the game off after that.

And how the hell does one beat 100 rounds on Legendary in Survival for one costume?  I really wish they kept the item drops.  100 on Legendary?  To hell with that.  AI on Legendary just abuses you once you hit the ground or even before it.

Message 19 of 56 (385 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 20, 2013

I think you can get those costumes by now doing ranked matches, courtesy of the latest patch(es).  I just don't remember how many off-hand.  I remember seeing a youtube vid on how some guy used Hayabusa to beat 100 legendary...  but I'm not a Hayabusa user. 

Message 20 of 56 (380 Views)
0 Likes