Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 06 2008
By: DShinkus Monster Hunter 43 posts

DNS error - (80710102)

3 replies 1232 views Edited Dec 6, 2008
I have had this issue with my Playstation 3 before, and after a long time of being able to freely go on PSN this problem persists once again. Upon trying to log into the PSN I get the message "An error occurred during communication with the server. This is a DNS error. (80710102)" I am not computer savvy so I do not understand what this technically means but I would like to be able to go back on the PSN and not be confined to playing story mode over and over again. If anyone has help for me to fix this issue, it is much appreciated. Thank you.
Message 1 of 4 (1,232 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Re: DNS error - (80710102)

Dec 6, 2008

You are not alone. 

Since yesterday evening PSN kicks me after about 60 seconds of being logged into PSN, citing the DSN error as the problem. 

I have rebooted everything on my network, verified that it is not my ISP mucking with me and have come up empty.

Message 2 of 4 (1,232 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
186 posts

Dec 6, 2008

DShinkus wrote:
I have had this issue with my Playstation 3 before, and after a long time of being able to freely go on PSN this problem persists once again. Upon trying to log into the PSN I get the message "An error occurred during communication with the server. This is a DNS error. (80710102)" I am not computer savvy so I do not understand what this technically means but I would like to be able to go back on the PSN and not be confined to playing story mode over and over again. If anyone has help for me to fix this issue, it is much appreciated. Thank you.

Try going through these steps taken from the Sony knowledge center.

http://playstation.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/playstation.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php?p_search_type=answer...

Also found this on the internet:

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/174257

Message 3 of 4 (1,232 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 24, 2012

how do i the internet connection Failed?

DShinkus wrote:

Message 4 of 4 (1,175 Views)
0 Likes