Splicer
67 posts

Re: DNAS Error

Dec 5, 2009

NICKYMONSTER wrote:
Ugh. I ended up calling comcast, today, to see what was up and all the rep could tell me was "I don't see this issue on the message boards or by the engineers." So my question is, does anyone have the ability to contact the company (sister companies as well) about the issue to let them know we're having this sort of problem. According to the rep, as of now they are clueless. *sigh*

I follow and correspond with 2 relatively higher up comcast employees on twitter, and have been talking to them about the issue.  As mentioned, the traceroute another user performed showed that the issue is coming from outside of Comcast's network.  The COmcast guys are being nice enough to still check into it, but it's pretty obvious the issue isn't with the ISPs.  If you're going to call anyone, call Sony, not Comcast.  The issue is either with certain Sony PSP DNAS authentication servers, or with a server on the path of authentication.  Either way it's up to Sony to figure it out and either fix thier faulty hardware, reroute the path, or contact the people running the server where the traceroute fails.

Message 51 of 74 (36 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Dec 5, 2009

Ah, thanks for the information. I'm sorta new to all this networking info! I appreciate you enlightening me with this!

Now, here's an important question...Should we be calling this number listed, for issues? Smiley Tongue

http://www.us.playstation.com/dnas/

Message 52 of 74 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

Dec 5, 2009

NICKYMONSTER wrote:

Ah, thanks for the information. I'm sorta new to all this networking info! I appreciate you enlightening me with this!

Now, here's an important question...Should we be calling this number listed, for issues? Smiley Tongue

http://www.us.playstation.com/dnas/

That's where I'd start, though I doubt anything will get resolved over the weekend. 

I tried getting tipping Kotaku.com about it, since they can usually get answers on stuff pretty quick, but they haven't looked into it yet it seems.

Message 53 of 74 (36 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Dec 5, 2009
I just called, and mentioned about the issue in Palo Alto etc etc. The woman said it was with Time warner and comcast and they're trying to fix it...But then I was like "okay but other people who use different ISPs are having this similar issue" she basically told me they're "trying" to work on it now, however she's like insisting that it's comcast/time warner (I think they're misinformed).... How much of this was BS to get me off the phone? lol jeeze.
Message 54 of 74 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
283 posts

Dec 5, 2009

I have submitted messages to the following gaming websites about this problem:

1) Joystiq

2) Kotaku

3) IGN

I would greatly appreciate it if all of you would do the same because these websites are more likely to take this seriously if they are notified by many people & not just 1 person. 

Thank you.

Message 55 of 74 (36 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

Dec 5, 2009

I called and got an "outsourced" rep.  He had no idea about the issue, and said that there was nothing in the system reporting it.  He "filed a report" detailing the issue, but I don't have much faith because even though I explained the situation, and that we had been talking about it on the forums, he kept encouraging me to visit the support forums.  O_o

We shall see what Monday brings.  

Message 56 of 74 (36 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Dec 5, 2009
LOL! Yeah, I have a feeling the reps seem to not be in the know with the forums and ongoing issues. Awesome. I guess we just gotta keep whining louder, until they give us our PSN back! Ha.
Message 57 of 74 (36 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Dec 5, 2009

All im saying is untill we find out who is the problem im blaming them all .Thats how all the systems in this country work(or i should say dont work)  for the people you are guilty until proven innocent . So here is a big fat FU to sony, comcast ,time warner,or any other server that isn't online .

Message 58 of 74 (36 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Dec 5, 2009

EVERYONE  i just tryed it and it worked !!!!! IM ON check yours !!!first time in like 6 days harray!!!

Message 59 of 74 (36 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Dec 5, 2009
Same here. I was just coming here to post that. They may have fixed their DNAS issue, because I just got access again.
Message 60 of 74 (36 Views)
0 Likes