First Son
7 posts

Re: DNAS Error

Dec 5, 2009

i know what you are saying about them not knowing . but if it is all of us then come on they know, are you kiding . comcast is a huge company so may people are down they must have a psp on hand to test on alot of  internet provides to test connections . and they should be more helpful and tell me if im gonna lose all my stuff including stuff that came with my psp . or at least offer a way to  download stuff back on my psp .

but i  understand your loyalty to sony.

Message 31 of 74 (59 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Dec 5, 2009

You shouldn't be too panicked about the downloadable items. From what I've noticed, anything you download has a special icon on it, in your account history which allows you to re-download, at will. I'm pretty sure about that, but if someone could varify, that would be better.

As far as my loyalty to sony, I'm all about the company, but if I had reason to be pissed at them, I would. Even if we all have this problem, it's not from their end, so really-what could they do to elliviate the situation?

Message 32 of 74 (59 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Dec 5, 2009

Its probably sony adding more and more security to stop custom firmware. i mean leave it alone already there not gonna stop it . who cares if hacks wanna butcher there psp let them( sony will sell more due to failed experiments ) . they screen out all kinds of stuff if something isnt right  like info or in this case whatever change  our internet provider made then you get this error  .if sony shut down the custom firmware check points . then we could all go on the ps network with no problem tonight .

i hope custom firmware strikes fear in the hearts of every sony executive there is.

Message 33 of 74 (59 Views)
First Son
9 posts

Dec 5, 2009
I think we outruled sony as the issue, because most of us are comcast users. I asked the playstation support line "is there an issue with my account(s)?" and they reassured me that my accounts were perfectly fine. not to mention, I own no custom firmware, nor do many people with this issue. I would just say - for the time being - no one assume your PSP is bricked (and don't try to use firmware to backtrack your updates, because I doubt it has to do with v6.20), because this isn't a problem on our end.
Message 34 of 74 (59 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Dec 5, 2009

I'm still having the problem and I'm a Time Warner Road Runner Cable user. I'm not sure this has anything to do with Comcast.

Message Edited by matrixadw on 12-04-2009 10:39 PM
Message 35 of 74 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

Dec 5, 2009

It can't be an overall comcast issue.  Comcast is just so huge, that most of us are using them as an ISP.  I have Comcast at work and I can log into PSN at work just fine.  I also have Comcast at home, but I can't log into PSN at home.  I tried to log in at a coffee house that uses Verizon DSL, and couldn't.   On my way home I stopped over at a friends house who has Verizon Fios, and still couldn't log onto PSN.  As as 2 users have said so far, they are not on Comcast either, so the issue can't be on Comcast's side.  

Even if the issue was with the ISPs, enough people are having problems that Sony should address it with the ISPs.   Sure, I know I can download stuff via PC and my PS3, but that doesn't fix the infrastructure play issue, as not all games support ad hoc party.  

It's been a while since I've been to these forums, but I'm annoyyed that none of the mods have bothered to try to inform us of anything.  SUre I know they are just moderatos for the forums, but at least one of them has to be a Sony employee that could get some kind of answers.  

Message 36 of 74 (59 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Dec 5, 2009
Comcast at work is different than comcast at home. Maybe Comcast just added more security for home users which causing problems with the slower home accounts than the higher speed business accounts?  Im a comcast user too. I will try to connect at my parents house tomorrow when I visit, but I have a feeling that since they also have comcast, I wont be able to connect there either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7LxxKfKppE
Message 37 of 74 (59 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Dec 5, 2009

It might also have to do with *when* someone tried it at work. They might have gotten in that one time, and it quits now. Not to mention, this isn't Comcast specific. Other IPs are also having this trouble, all of a sudden. I'm pretty sure we aren't all changing our routers and settings, all together. I know I didn't. Connecting to PSN has worked for me, every single time I tried it, until December 4.

And some games require Infrastructure as there is no way to Adhoc Party that feature. Like Little Big Planet's community service.

Message Edited by akaimizu1 on 12-05-2009 07:19 AM
Message 38 of 74 (59 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Dec 5, 2009
I have the same problem and I'm on Time Warner Cable, so I don't think it's the ISP and I don't believe it's the router.  Connecting to the PSN network worked perfectly just a few days ago and I haven't heard about TWC changing anything, so who's left to blame?
Message 39 of 74 (59 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Dec 5, 2009
No go here neither. I'm also a NON comcast user (Time Warner Road Runner). So come on Sony step up. Get better heip support other than reformat as a fix.
Message 40 of 74 (59 Views)
0 Likes