Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 27 2007
By: maskilla~ First Son 1 posts

DLNA Protocol Error 7531

8 replies 4041 views Edited Dec 27, 2007
i am getting an error on my ps3 DLNA Protocol error 7531 has anyone heard of this?
I tried to download update for warhawk and it froze for ever.  I shut down the system then restarted it.
I tried to reset my network and it says UPnP is not available.  Anyone know what the problem is or how to solve it?
Message 1 of 9 (4,041 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1304 posts

Re: DLNA Protocol Error 7531

Dec 27, 2007
all i know is that upnp being unavailable is not tat big of an issue, and it most likely wont affect your internet connection as long as you dont have a hardware firewall.

Pictures from Afghanistan
“I would rather die standing up, than live life on my knees.”

--Emiliano Zapata
Message 2 of 9 (4,041 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 2, 2008

I have the same problem except it effects my Soul Calibur 4 and Guitar Hero 3 games. With Guitar Hero, it freezes up when the loading HDD meassage comes up. Soul Calibur 4 doesn't even allow me that far, it says that the game is used under a different s/n or used on a different PS3 system but this isn't true because I've always used my s/n and my PS3 to play all of my games. All of my games have been bought new and I only download free content from the PS store for GH3.

PLEASE HELP!!!... thanks

Message 3 of 9 (4,041 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 5, 2009

I am getting the same error when playing Call of Duty 4. Its at the "downloading game settings" screen when trying to get online, and from there it just stalls. If turned off my ps3 and tried again but dosen't work. PLEASE PLEASE HELP. All you COD 4 players know how terrible it would be living without cod4 online for a while.

Has anyone tried to get help from Sony, i'll try and see what happens 

Message Edited by Quagster546 on 04-05-2009 04:35 PM
Message 4 of 9 (4,041 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 12, 2009

Today I tried to update my PS3's Hardware to 2.73 but it always getting me DLNA Protocol(7531) Error.I tried to google it but all the solves i found didn't solved my problem.In addition when it starts downloading it just stays at 0%.Tried to reset my Network but still nothing.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

Message Edited by SpaceGladiator on 06-12-2009 11:03 AM
Message 5 of 9 (4,041 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jun 20, 2009
real simple (at least i tired this and it worked).  go to settings>network setting > media server connection: disable then enable media server connection.  thats it... good luck
Message 6 of 9 (4,041 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Jan 6, 2010

Okay I believe this is tied to problems with your media server connections, firewalls, and security settings. I managed to clear the problem by just  Settings>Network Settings>Media Server Connection> disable/enable. The previous poster turned me on to this, then I went back to working and noticed that I'd been having a problem downloading slowly, occassionally getting knocked off the playstation network without getting knocked offline, and muting while playing certain games. By turning my Media Sever Connection to "disabled" I was able to clear up all of these problems.

I have 2 laptops serving as media servers to my PS3 systems, I can enable them any time I need to pull some video or music off my laptops, otherwise leaving it set to off has corrected all of these problems.

Message 7 of 9 (4,041 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 12, 2013

Not sure if this help but i had the same problem which seemed to start as soon as i recieved my new Sky Hub after upgrading to Fibre broadband.

However i believe the problem is due to the firewall setting on the router. Now i'm no expert, but i have made the below changes on my router which seems to have resolved the problem (for now at laest)

On the Advanced setting, UPnP settings (Which is enabled)

I have decreased Advertisement Period (in minutes): from 30 to 10

and

Increased Advertisement Time To Live (in hops): from 4 to 10

For me this seems to work... Not sure what all this really does but it seem to make sence... I think i have all by to do with the amount of time the router checks and keeps the ports open to allow packets to pass through to the playstation....

Try it and see if it helps.

Message 8 of 9 (2,538 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2195 posts

Sep 24, 2013
One of these 7531 errors is due to Internet slowing down real low?
Pay your fair share and your taxes and help your employees and pay your employees fair, Corporations. Stop cheating people.
Message 9 of 9 (1,125 Views)
0 Likes