Dec 22 2011
By: th3Lunga First Son 14 posts
Accepted Solution

DLC won't activate

4 replies 7567 views Edited Dec 22, 2011

Lately DLC won't activate/install properly anymore on my system. For example, I just bought the "Car Pack 2" for Gran Turismo 5 on the PSN, but when I go into the game, it isn't there, if I try to buy one of the cars, it says I should buy and install the DLC first, even though I've already done that.

Another example is that I bought Sonic CD also from the PSN, when I go into the game, it says that features are disabled because it's a trial mode, even though I bought the full game. It seems that the activation codes aren't installing properly.

I also downloaded the Online Pass for Uncharted 3 and it didn't activate, I still don't have access to multiplayer. Also, I downloaded the Catwoman and Robin bundles for Batman: Arkham City, but the game won't recognize them.

Every one of these 4 problems have one thing in common: when I try to install the DLC again, I go to the store, select the DLC, have it download and wait for it to install, it installs but doesn't leave the store as it should; for instance, I select "Unlock Full Game" in Sonic CD and it goes to the store, I download the unlock, it installs but doesn't go back to game, if I hit the O button to get back it asks me "do you want to cancel the purchase?", but it already installed the content.

Has this happened to anyone? Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Message 1 of 5 (7,567 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: DLC won't activate

Dec 29, 2011

Same here. I wasted 7.99 on the racing car pack two days ago, yet when I go to the car dealer on GT5 it says you must purchase and install the Racing Pack DLC before you can purchase this car. Come on! I have so many other things I could've bought with that money! Help!

[URL=http://psnprofiles.com/Shadow_Slipknot][IMG]http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Shadow_Slipknot.png[/IMG][/URL]
Message 2 of 5 (7,567 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Dec 31, 2011

Did you already go to the "install dlc" on the front page (before GT mode) and looked for it here? If you still can't find it, here's the roadmap Sony gave me (for any dlc that doesn't work):

Delete game data (ha! delete all the 15gb of GT5??)

go to troubleshoot menu and select restore file system

Reinstall game data

Reinstall dlc.

Now, this still wasn't working with me, but I realized that I could go into "restore file system" as many times as I'd like and it would always say that my file system was corrupted. Eventually I decided to "replace file system", i.e. I got a friends HDD and replaced mine with it (be sure to backup if you're trying this). I installed his hdd, restored my backup and only had to install the dlc (which means that deleting game data maybe isn't that necessary) and it worked. I had four games with problems, now they all work as they should.

Message 3 of 5 (7,567 Views)
First Son
21 posts

Jul 14, 2012

1.Was the game used from Gamestop? 2.Is there an exp date on the card?

Message 4 of 5 (7,454 Views)
Lombax Warrior
177 posts

Oct 29, 2012

all my dlc activates as long as i have power, but when i unplug the ps3 it loses the time and it all reverts to being locked

Message 5 of 5 (6,832 Views)
0 Likes