Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
7556 posts

Re: DJMAX Technika Portable Announced

Sep 10, 2011

Wakefulness wrote:

Presumably, those are configurations in which a set number of buttons of mapped and showing on the UI during a gameplay session (and can be adjusted during the settings menu). Correct?

I will wait and see the preliminary details on how this new title will play out. What did you find interesting or what did you like about this when it was first revealed?  

Correct. You can select how many buttons you would like to play with, from four buttons to eight.

So far, Pentavision Global released this screenshot again but added a small blurb at the bottom. It says that "some of the standard modes from previous DJMAX portable titles have been announced there are still surprises in store."

Like/Interesting:

• DJMAX Title on a Vita
  • Finally a chance to try Technika, because the nearest location is a two hour bus ride I would rather not do.
  • New songs, New artists, Better visuals
  • Potential for Network via Infrastructure/3G.
  • "Standard Modes" mean the button modes? Oh I sure do hope so.

Did not like:

The only thing I did not like about it is the focus on Technika. Sure, it's DJMAX but it's not focused on the standard traditional one that I sunk most of my free time on for three years.... This is why I still want to have a proper Portable installment. Absolutely no touchpanel use: Just buttons.

FIVE YEARS ON PLAYSTATION FORUMS

YOUTUBE REVIEWS ~ TROPHIES ~ GAMING YOUTUBE ~ LITTLEBIGPLANET

Bitcoin is nice. Dogecoin is nice too.
dd58bb65b61e7ab81198f3cc66aa5896c7fd690a
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 14 (5 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1306 posts

Sep 10, 2011

Doppelgangergang wrote:

Correct. You can select how many buttons you would like to play with, from four buttons to eight.

I could be mistaken but, these buttons are mapped into a certain pattern in the set and cannot be changed (only an entire button set can be changed).

Doppelgangergang wrote:

So far, Pentavision Global released this screenshot again but added a small blurb at the bottom. It says that "some of the standard modes from previous DJMAX portable titles have been announced there are still surprises in store."

I saw that post and the one on the developer's twitter. I was a bit confused when they took so long to respond to the official SCEK press release.

Doppelgangergang wrote:

Like/Interesting:

• DJMAX Title on a Vita
  • Finally a chance to try Technika, because the nearest location is a two hour bus ride I would rather not do.
  • New songs, New artists, Better visuals
  • Potential for Network via Infrastructure/3G.
  • "Standard Modes" mean the button modes? Oh I sure do hope so.

Did not like:

The only thing I did not like about it is the focus on Technika. Sure, it's DJMAX but it's not focused on the standard traditional one that I sunk most of my free time on for three years.... This is why I still want to have a proper Portable installment. Absolutely no touchpanel use: Just buttons.

There are going to be new songs, artists and visuals in the Ps Vita title? I have seen some repeats or Technika tracks on the Portable series so, I was under the impression that some of the OST would be recycled. I would have to assume some of the videos (or at least assets) might be recycled if they are tracks recycled from Technika because that was the case for some of the videos I have seen (i.e. Cherokee). Some of the Technika videos are actually 720p so, a video conversion to the 544p of the PS Vita will still be high quality; especially, considering the display will go from the LCD in arcade cabinets to the OLED on the PS Vita.

I really want to see what goes on with online connectivity and streaming location based information in this PS Vita title. The implementation of leaderboards with location cache would be very nice considering some of the same kind of thing goes on in DJMAX Technika. A nice trophy implementation would be welcomed by many players who relish a reward for conquering the learning curve in the game.

This is suppose to be a change from past titles and more like DJMAX Technika therefore, a change from DJMAX Portable is implied and buttons might not play a large role. I would not mind a touch only game if the implementation is very intuitive and the gameplay has a comprehensible learning curve.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 14 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7556 posts

Sep 10, 2011

Wakefulness wrote:

I could be mistaken but, these buttons are mapped into a certain pattern in the set and cannot be changed (only an entire button set can be changed).

You mean Custom Button Mappings? If I remember right, Portable 1 had fixed button mappings but all DJMAX Portable games have an option to customize the controls starting from Portable 2. I don't see why you'd want to, though. The harder charts (Levels 10+) are designed around the default control scheme.

Wakefulness wrote:

There are going to be new songs, artists and visuals in the Ps Vita title? I have seen some repeats or Technika tracks on the Portable series so, I was under the impression that some of the OST would be recycled. I would have to assume some of the videos (or at least assets) might be recycled if they are tracks recycled from Technika because that was the case for some of the videos I have seen (i.e. Cherokee). Some of the Technika videos are actually 720p so, a video conversion to the 544p of the PS Vita will still be high quality; especially, considering the display will go from the LCD in arcade cabinets to the OLED on the PS Vita.

I really want to see what goes on with online connectivity and streaming location based information in this PS Vita title. The implementation of leaderboards with location cache would be very nice considering some of the same kind of thing goes on in DJMAX Technika. A nice trophy implementation would be welcomed by many players who relish a reward for conquering the learning curve in the game.

This is suppose to be a change from past titles and more like DJMAX Technika therefore, a change from DJMAX Portable is implied and buttons might not play a large role. I would not mind a touch only game if the implementation is very intuitive and the gameplay has a comprehensible learning curve.

Pentavision Global ran a small contest to look for new artists (still photos), new visualizers (M/Vs) and new musicians. Long story short, the contest was cancelled but TANUKI and a few others got selected to feature their music. I have listened to some of TANUKI's work and, suffice to say, it definitely deserves a spot in the DJMAX Lineup.

Re-using HD content from Technika is nice, but I'd like to see some new content.

I think Trophies are mandatory for a PSVita release, just like how they are required for PS3 releases.

I know it's supposed to be Technika, but I still like the scrolling notes of the Portables much much better...

FIVE YEARS ON PLAYSTATION FORUMS

YOUTUBE REVIEWS ~ TROPHIES ~ GAMING YOUTUBE ~ LITTLEBIGPLANET

Bitcoin is nice. Dogecoin is nice too.
dd58bb65b61e7ab81198f3cc66aa5896c7fd690a
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 14 (5 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1306 posts

Sep 10, 2011

Doppelgangergang wrote:

You mean Custom Button Mappings? If I remember right, Portable 1 had fixed button mappings but all DJMAX Portable games have an option to customize the controls starting from Portable 2. I don't see why you'd want to, though. The harder charts (Levels 10+) are designed around the default control scheme.

Yeah, custom button mapping per four set, 6 set, etc (8 will obviously leave no customizing since that is all the buttons). Oh, that is actually pretty cool. I suppose that level of custimization would just be for curiosty. If certain tracks call for button mashing to a certain threshold than, w/e.

Doppelgangergang wrote:

Pentavision Global ran a small contest to look for new artists (still photos), new visualizers (M/Vs) and new musicians. Long story short, the contest was cancelled but TANUKI and a few others got selected to feature their music. I have listened to some of TANUKI's work and, suffice to say, it definitely deserves a spot in the DJMAX Lineup.

Re-using HD content from Technika is nice, but I'd like to see some new content.

That is a nice clip but, too long by about a couple of seconds. Most of the songs I hear from DJMAX Technika are nice and short.

Everyone would be satisfied with as much new content as possible but,  that remains to be seen.

Doppelgangergang wrote:

I think Trophies are mandatory for a PSVita release, just like how they are required for PS3 releases.

I know it's supposed to be Technika, but I still like the scrolling notes of the Portables much much better...

I have no idea about PS3 since I do not own one, nor have I ever heard that all PS3 games must have trophies during the product assesment tests. I might pick up a PS3 if there is a high level of PS Vita cross polloniation between the two devices (in terms of applications, games, networking, media, etc).

"Different strokes for different folks". A nice little niche of people who have never played (but have interest in) DJMAX Technika seem to be interested in this PS Vita title. There was also those who could never get into the button smashing of the DJMAX Portable series.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 14 (5 Views)
0 Likes