Highlighted
Sep 08 2011
By: Doppelgangergang Treasure Hunter 8191 posts

DJMAX Technika Portable Announced

13 replies 100 views Edited Sep 8, 2011

http://is.gd/ApEr10 (Ruliweb, via Google Translate)

• Well, unlike the classic portable beatmania clone (scrolling notes), DJMAX Technika uses the front and back touchscreens to play.
  • OST and MV Edition (removed from Portable 3) would be making a return!
  • Sony Computer Entertainment Korea (SCEK) collaborating with Pentavision to make DJMAX a "the most successful game franchise."

Great, the only thing they need to announce is a DJMAX Portable game with traditional controls (no touchscreen!) and I would be happy.

Message 1 of 14 (100 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1306 posts

Re: DJMAX Technika Portable Announced

Sep 8, 2011

To what capacity is SCEK assisting the DJMTV developers? Are they simply adding developers to the project or helping with the promotion and semi-publishing in S.Korea? The DJMAX Portable 3 wiki page shows three publishers (for three different regions) but, Pentavision is the main publisher in SK. It would be good to know if Pentavision had an early start by working closely with SCE during the PS Vita's prototype phases (eg before 2011). If PEntavision had begun work before this year, the DJMAX title could hit the PS Vita later this year but, it will depend if the PS Vita title is: a port, a new project, a hybrid, digital only title, etc etc.

Looking a Technika, it could work well however some people will want some physical interaction with the tactile buttons and their thumbs. Since DJMAX Technicka is a touch game and the PS Vita has a 5 inch diagonal touch front and approxmitly equal backtouch, there is going to be a lot for people to immerse theselves with on the touch alone (if the PS Vita title is a straightforward port). Combined with the fact tactile button placement (directional and action buttons) is moved on the PS Vita to slightly higher in the chasis, some Technika touch gameplay sprinkeled with DJMAX Portable aspects should work well.

Not to diss the PS Vita ergonomics however, a slightly extended radius which extends (along the X-axis) beyond the buttons would have made the grip a bit better since accessing the buttons with the thumb and other hand anatomy/kinematics kind of requires a more PSP shape and button placement. Thankfully, a simple solution (which could even be homemade!) would be a silicon or small attachment on the two sides of the PS Vita would make for a better grip and thumb dexterity with tactile buttons.

The next DJMAX entry to the PS Vita is something that music, game, visual art and overall entertainment enthusiasts will all appreciate and enjoy. Fo' Sho.

Message 2 of 14 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8191 posts

Sep 9, 2011

The Google Translate is spotty, but it does say this:

Article:

"SCEK side of the high interest and active cooperation was being delivered to the PS Vita development kit"

Doesn't make much sense, but I'm guessing that "SCEK has high interest in the DJMAX game, has active cooperation (lots of support, I think) and has delivered them some Vita devkits.

I do hope they make a combo game like DJMAX Mobile for korean mobile phones. DJMAX Mobile has Touchscreen and standard scrolling notes in one game.

Message 3 of 14 (100 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1306 posts

Sep 9, 2011

Doppelgangergang wrote:

The Google Translate is spotty, but it does say this:

Article:

"SCEK side of the high interest and active cooperation was being delivered to the PS Vita development kit"

Doesn't make much sense, but I'm guessing that "SCEK has high interest in the DJMAX game, has active cooperation (lots of support, I think) and has delivered them some Vita devkits.

I do hope they make a combo game like DJMAX Mobile for korean mobile phones. DJMAX Mobile has Touchscreen and standard scrolling notes in one game.

Cool. That would make since since SCE would have known that in Korea and worldwide Pentavision had been succesful with DJMAX Portable (for PSP); a few free PS Vita dev kits would have been a really really kind gesture.

I have not seen the korean mobile phone version of DJMAX. How does it look like and play?

Message 4 of 14 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8191 posts

Sep 9, 2011

Wakefulness wrote:

Cool. That would make since since SCE would have known that in Korea and worldwide Pentavision had been succesful with DJMAX Portable (for PSP); a few free PS Vita dev kits would have been a really really kind gesture.

Indeed. I still do hope for a 4th portable with traditional 4, 5, 6 and 8 button controls.

Wakefulness wrote:

I have not seen the korean mobile phone version of DJMAX. How does it look like and play?

Uh, it's terrible. No M/Vs, crap MIDI OST, sluggish controls (from what I heard), crap charts (like, one note at a time instead of the multi-note key combos), bad framerate (about 10-15fps rather than the locked 60FPS on PSP) and basically looks like it was released for a quick buck. No, really. Look at it for yourself.

Message 5 of 14 (100 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1362 posts

Sep 9, 2011

What the hell is DJMAX?  No.  Get a Rock Band on that thing.  I WANT ROCK BAND!

Message 6 of 14 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8191 posts

Sep 9, 2011

Tony72495 wrote:

Photobucket

Rock Band is for noobies. The 4-button gameplay in RB Unplugged is way too easy compared to the 6-button and 8-button gameplay in DJMAX.

Message 7 of 14 (100 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1362 posts

Sep 9, 2011

Doppelgangergang wrote:

Tony72495 wrote:

Photobucket

Rock Band is for noobies. The 4-button gameplay in RB Unplugged is way too easy compared to the 6-button and 8-button gameplay in DJMAX.

~Cwazy Dwagon~

Yea and with the touch screen controlls you could have 8 touch pad areas.  4 for drums and 4 for cymbals.

Message 8 of 14 (100 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1306 posts

Sep 10, 2011

Doppelgangergang wrote:

Wakefulness wrote:

Indeed. I still do hope for a 4th portable with traditional 4, 5, 6 and 8 button controls.

Wakefulness wrote:

Uh, it's terrible. No M/Vs, crap MIDI OST, sluggish controls (from what I heard), crap charts (like, one note at a time instead of the multi-note key combos), bad framerate (about 10-15fps rather than the locked 60FPS on PSP) and basically looks like it was released for a quick buck. No, really. Look at it for yourself.

I have only played some DJMAX Portable (briefly owned the first and tried a demo for the third) so, I do not know all the terminology some people online user when refering to the games. I have watched many hours worth of direct video feeds and that is where I get my general understanding of the game from so, I do not have a large understanding of what the GUI settings and other minute things look and work like. Presumably, those are configurations in which a set number of buttons of mapped and showing on the UI during a gameplay session (and can be adjusted during the settings menu). Correct?

I am not sure what kind of hardware that is but, it does not appear to be anywhere as powerful as what the PSP is capable of which leads me to think it is decent.

I will wait and see the preliminary details on how this new title will play out. What did you find interesting or what did you like about this when it was first revealed?  

Message 9 of 14 (100 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1306 posts

Sep 10, 2011

RockBand is quite a difference experience compared to DJMAX when it comes to the sub-genres of rythm games.

Here in the US, RockBand is a more familiar title but, worldwide DJMAX Portable is the definitive PSP rythm title. Even so, the Technika series is popular in the states due to arcade cabinets popping (at least, up in some bigger cities that I am aware of) so a DJMAX Technika Vita title will have the popularity of that crowd and the PSP crowd behind it and fueling some of its success.

Eitherway, EA might do a RockBand game on the PS Vita anyways seeing as how FIFA 12 (from EA sports division) is developing PS Vita titles. Who knows? Anyway, hindsight would have shown Pentavision could have just have easily continued with the PSP or Arcade versions and have supported the PS Vita late in its lifecycle or never. Any game from Pentavision is a good game, if you ask me.

Message 10 of 14 (100 Views)
0 Likes