PlayStation Community Manager
4738 posts

Re: DIRECTED TOWARDS SONY!!! Vita/PS3 Users please join in

Feb 4, 2013

psvitagamer2012 wrote:

Tempest_Fire wrote:

Hey guys, I absolutely appreciate the feedback on this thread.

I'd love to hear more about your opinions on which games would be ideal if we brought PS3/PSN titles to the Vita.  Also, anything more you want to share about Cross- functionality, we're all ears!

Thanks for this thread!

Tempest_Fire wrote:

Hey guys, I absolutely appreciate the feedback on this thread.

I'd love to hear more about your opinions on which games would be ideal if we brought PS3/PSN titles to the Vita.  Also, anything more you want to share about Cross- functionality, we're all ears!

Thanks for this thread!

Really
Really???

Yes. Really.

Tempest_Fire | @strebeck
PlayStation Network Senior Community Manager
Sony Computer Entertainment America
Message 41 of 69 (173 Views)
Lombax Warrior
117 posts

Feb 4, 2013

I guess it wouldn't hurt putting some games i won't here Smiley Happy

GTA IV~sure it wasn't the BEST GTA but i know GTA V is impossible on the Vita so the next best thing right?

Infamous~mini cole wrecking havoc on my ps vita's screen yesssss

Borderlands 1/2~perfect fit for the Vita

Sonic generations~sega **bleep**ed up sonic pretty badly this gen but generations was a game that did everything right for the series.

Okami HD~another perfect fit for the Vita

Ni no kuni~oh god please this needs to be on the Vita

If these were on the Vita i'd never let it go.

Message 42 of 69 (161 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11248 posts

Feb 4, 2013

I'll repost my thoughts on this topic into this thread since Sony has actually taken an interest in this topic. One big thing though that I would like to see Sony of America do is help the smaller Japanese developers/publishers bring their games to the US. There are a good number of Japanese RPGs that have followings here and the demand is solid. The demand isn't as great as the demand for FPS but still, it would be nice if Sony made some kind of an effort in bringing us some of these games.

Since it's been a few threads since I last spoke on the topic, here is a small list of games I wouldn't mind seeing brought to the Vita. I don't want ports of current generation games, but would not mind seeing some older classics brought back or new installments in several franchises.

• inFamous - new installment
  • God of War - new installment
  • Uncharted - new installment
  • Dragon Quest VII - I think SE should've put this on the PSP and Vita instead of the 3DS
  • Dragon Quest - new installment
  • Bioshock - new insallment
  • Wizardry - new installment
  • Dungeons & Dragons - new game or even some revamps of older titles.
  • Persona - new insallment please!
  • Shin Megami Tensei franchise - new game in any of their sub-franchises
  • Ar Tonelico - new installment
  • Final Fantasy - Type Zero please?
  • Legend of Heroes - localization of the Japanese Vita games please? (I can wish)
  • Borderlands - Vita specific installment (no ports please)
  • Rainbow Moon - the developer said they are working on a Vita version but no word on whether you'll be able to use cross-save or cross play at all.
  • Ni No Kuni - I think there's a DS version in Japan but I wouldn't mind seeing that come to the Vita with an all new installment.

I would also like to see a greater choice in colors in the US. As it stands we only have 1 color (black) unless we buy the AC Liberation bundle. (White) I realize Japan is a greater test market than the US but far too often it feels as if Sony doesn't care about the rest of the world.

Sony also is sitting on several IPs that have not seen the light of day since the PS 1. Why not dust some of these old school IPs off the shelf and breathe new life into them?

Message 43 of 69 (158 Views)
Highlighted
Wastelander
694 posts

Feb 4, 2013

PapaWarlock wrote:

I'll repost my thoughts on this topic into this thread since Sony has actually taken an interest in this topic. One big thing though that I would like to see Sony of America do is help the smaller Japanese developers/publishers bring their games to the US. There are a good number of Japanese RPGs that have followings here and the demand is solid. The demand isn't as great as the demand for FPS but still, it would be nice if Sony made some kind of an effort in bringing us some of these games.

Since it's been a few threads since I last spoke on the topic, here is a small list of games I wouldn't mind seeing brought to the Vita. I don't want ports of current generation games, but would not mind seeing some older classics brought back or new installments in several franchises.

• inFamous - new installment
  • God of War - new installment
  • Uncharted - new installment
  • Dragon Quest VII - I think SE should've put this on the PSP and Vita instead of the 3DS
  • Dragon Quest - new installment
  • Bioshock - new insallment
  • Wizardry - new installment
  • Dungeons & Dragons - new game or even some revamps of older titles.
  • Persona - new insallment please!
  • Shin Megami Tensei franchise - new game in any of their sub-franchises
  • Ar Tonelico - new installment
  • Final Fantasy - Type Zero please?
  • Legend of Heroes - localization of the Japanese Vita games please? (I can wish)
  • Borderlands - Vita specific installment (no ports please)
  • Rainbow Moon - the developer said they are working on a Vita version but no word on whether you'll be able to use cross-save or cross play at all.
  • Ni No Kuni - I think there's a DS version in Japan but I wouldn't mind seeing that come to the Vita with an all new installment.

I would also like to see a greater choice in colors in the US. As it stands we only have 1 color (black) unless we buy the AC Liberation bundle. (White) I realize Japan is a greater test market than the US but far too often it feels as if Sony doesn't care about the rest of the world.

Sony also is sitting on several IPs that have not seen the light of day since the PS 1. Why not dust some of these old school IPs off the shelf and breathe new life into them?

^ This ^^^^^

Message 44 of 69 (156 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1160 posts

Feb 4, 2013
As i have no Playstation 3 System, i am planning on getting one very soon (unless the PS4 comes before then). When i get one, i would LOVE to have the opportunity to have these games on cross-play (not so much as cross-controller). Having these games as ports would be a phenominal step forward for the Playstaton Vita. Thats just my opinion.

Just got a PS3! Add me for some online action
Message 45 of 69 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
93 posts

Feb 4, 2013

I doubt Dragon Quest and Shin Megami will leave the 3DS considering how big the system is in Japan. Also Nintendo said they were going to start bringing over huge amounts of Japanese games over to North America. Bravely Default FF, Fantasy Life, and Professor Layton VS Ace Attorney are pretty much given.

Message 46 of 69 (148 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11248 posts

Feb 4, 2013

RogueStatus94 wrote:

I doubt Dragon Quest and Shin Megami will leave the 3DS considering how big the system is in Japan. Also Nintendo said they were going to start bringing over huge amounts of Japanese games over to North America. Bravely Default FF, Fantasy Life, and Professor Layton VS Ace Attorney are pretty much given.

Atlus has put Shin Megami on the DS and PSP. I see no reason they can't or won't put new installments on the Vita.

What Nintendo is wanting to do with the DS games is exactly what Sony ought to do with Vita games as well. There's no reason why Sony can't invest in helping to localize Vita/PSP/PS 3 games for other markets. As it stands Atlus and XSeed are the 2 main localizers of Japanese games. Sony and Nintendo are both far bigger, with access to more resources than Atlus or XSeed. Why not use that?

Message 47 of 69 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Feb 4, 2013

PapaWarlock wrote:

What Nintendo is wanting to do with the DS games is exactly what Sony ought to do with Vita games as well. There's no reason why Sony can't invest in helping to localize Vita/PSP/PS 3 games for other markets. As it stands Atlus and XSeed are the 2 main localizers of Japanese games. Sony and Nintendo are both far bigger, with access to more resources than Atlus or XSeed. Why not use that?

Atlus, XSEED and Aksys. As for the rest, I'm afraid Sony probably can't afford to do it. Nintendo is a video games company, Sony is a company that tries to do too much (and excels at nothing). Nintendo's funds are solely for videogames whereas Sony's funds are for all the branches they have. In short, I doubt Sony could afford to have such an initiative, not to mention their teams aren't on par with Nintendo's~.

Message 48 of 69 (136 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11248 posts

Feb 5, 2013

JuanMdP wrote:

PapaWarlock wrote:

Atlus, XSEED and Aksys. As for the rest, I'm afraid Sony probably can't afford to do it. Nintendo is a video games company, Sony is a company that tries to do too much (and excels at nothing). Nintendo's funds are solely for videogames whereas Sony's funds are for all the branches they have. In short, I doubt Sony could afford to have such an initiative, not to mention their teams aren't on par with Nintendo's~.

Your opinion is noted and I disagree.

Message 49 of 69 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Feb 5, 2013
Sony's proactivity (or lack thereof) coupled with poor PSV support agrees with my hypothesis~.
Message 50 of 69 (130 Views)