Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 29 2013
By: DjStiv3 Splicer 56 posts

DIRECTED TOWARDS SONY!!! Vita/PS3 Users please join in

[ Edited ]
68 replies 1380 views Edited Jan 29, 2013

Hey there Sony, (or anyone with a high enough position to care or do something),

first off let me say i love Sony & all of its systems, accomplishments & endeavors...with that being said i would love it more if i could light a fire under its butt to push the vita/ps3 compatability & remote play further and with the help of other devs....

theres something i wish to suggest to you guys to help grow the vita/ps3 game compatability library its very simple but i think will be very effective in selling these titles as well as more units of each (system&handheld) and that is...

please allow & create patches to all HD COLLECTION/TRILOGY etc ...games on the ps3 to be playable remotely on the PS Vita...

we already have the "god of war collection" & "the ICO & shaddow of collosus collection" available recently but here are the rest that i would appreciate VERY much... this is practially the list of all games that have a collection on disc....

-Splinter Cell Trilogy

-The Sly Collection

-Ratchet & Clank HD Collection

-Prince of Persia Trilogy

-Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (for those without the vita version)

-God of War Origins Collection (this should be a must even though they are psp games)

-Devil May Cry HD Collection

-Jak & Daxter HD Collection

-Dragonball Z Budokai HD Collection

-Sonics Ultimate Genesis Collection

-Silecnt Hill HD Collection

-Zone of The Enders HD Collection

-Hitman HD Trilogy (once it comes out)

later on add the heavy hitters (obviously require more time to produce a patch and their more large scale games)

-Killzone Trilogy

-Mass Effect Trilogy

-Assassin's Creed Trilogy (the collection games doesnt have to be the seperate stand-alone discs although the first assassin creed would be nice to be made remote play read as well to complete the story)

-Doom 3 BFG Edition

-Tomb Raider Trilogy

-Resident Evil Chronicles HD Collection (may not work with Move, but will play with a dualshock so it should be made remote play)

-Angry Birds Trilogy

Some other Disc based titles that need to be allowed as well:

-Twisted Metal

-Resistence 1,2,3

-Fallout 3 GOTY (bethesda has many games that should be remote playable it would be nice since they crank out so many)

-Fallout New Vegas

-Uncharted 1,2,3

you see where im getting at? the trilogies and hd collections have alot of potential besides noone REALLY wants to replay these games on the ps3 system itself as its pointless... it seems...... since you would much rather play the REAL ps3 games like new releases on your tv.. not ps2 games remade in HD... or collections you wont finish due to playing a new release... i bet people get rid of theses games quickly in favor of other new games... so why not make them vita compatible? show love towards the loyal fanbase of sony fans that try to keep and play all these games

many games are only availble on sony first party systems etc.... ratchet & clank, jak & daxter twisted metal (wont ever come to xbox its sonys game right?...... at least make all first party games available... i KNOW thats possible...... the SLY collection (how cool would it be to do the sly collection with the release of the  new thieves in time game for ps3/vita? huh?

some others included were ubisoft games.. prince of persia, splinter cell, hitman hd (coming soon) from what i gather you guys at sony are in good understanding with ubisoft as ive noticed they have invested in the vita more so than any other 3rd party dev... (assassin creed, rayman, dungeon hunter, asphalt, micahel jackson, lumines... come on now i KNOW they would be up for this indefinately)

p.s Finaly as a sidenote... to REALLY and i mean REALLY push the vita... how about you guys do what you set out to do and keep the promise of the obviousl misleading avertising since before the vita launched and allow more ps3 game remote play compatability.... we were all shown killzone 3 yet that never happened either... please... like MOST i bought a vita to ply vit and ps3 games on my couch not just vita games.. fine dont add support for all titles but do it for most

talk to devs to add remote play on ALL NEW GAMES as well
who cares for cross play give me remote play without much glitching etc and im good

p.s.s (ps3/vita users please comment with at least the simple words "make.believe" if sony should do this p

ersonaly i think its "believe & they will make it happen"

thanks,

sincerely, DjStiv3

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 69 (1,380 Views)
Survivor
2464 posts

Re: DIRECTED TOWARDS SONY!!! Vita/PS3 Users please join in

[ Edited ]
Jan 29, 2013

Not to be negative, but I bought my PSV to play PSV games; remote play may be added icing on the cake for people with a PS3 but it's kind of absurd to buy a brand new next gen system merely to use it as a glorified remote pad~.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 69 (1,368 Views)
Splicer
56 posts

Jan 29, 2013

its just one thing that was marketed that made many buy it actual ps3 games were promised im just asking for these games at the very least.. dont get me wrong i love my vita games i have like 15 retail and maybe 10 downloaded ones but it would be nice to do more with my vita as i was promised much more besides many of these games dont get played much on the ps3...i would definately play them more often if i could do it remotely... its a selling point for both systems... encourages people to buy a vita once they have it vita game sales would jump as well which is what everyone wants so devs can make more games

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 69 (1,361 Views)
Wastelander
660 posts

Jan 29, 2013

i agree with JuanMdP.... i like to play new games on my vita, i have a ps3 and never used my remote play. i use to use remote play when i had my psp but with the vita i dont need remote play. 

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 69 (1,356 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5015 posts

Jan 29, 2013

DjStiv3 wrote:

its just one thing that was marketed that made many buy it actual ps3 games were promised im just asking for these games at the very least.. dont get me wrong i love my vita games i have like 15 retail and maybe 10 downloaded ones but it would be nice to do more with my vita as i was promised much more besides many of these games dont get played much on the ps3...i would definately play them more often if i could do it remotely... its a selling point for both systems... encourages people to buy a vita once they have it vita game sales would jump as well which is what everyone wants so devs can make more games

There was never any indication of a promise that the vita will play All ps3 games and vice versa. They showed tech demos, yes but they never promised it would be available.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 69 (1,353 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1041 posts

Jan 29, 2013

"Actual ps3 games were promised"

Street Fighter X Tekken, DOA 5+, Playstation All Stars Battle Royale and Need For Speed Most wanted are all very similar to their PS3 counterparts sure I am missing some others. So to me that is enough PS3 on the Vita already. As said I also don't expect every single PS3 game to have a Vita version.

You have to keep in mind the PS Vita was not made right when the PS3 came out so if you expect a lot of that I think you are out of luck and are better off waiting for Sony to use their Gaikai service, then there is a possibility you can play PS3 games on the Vita or better yet even PS4 games by streaming them.

Of course it probably won't be every single game even when they have Gaikai working. Still just the same as an emulator almost so chances are it might have some issues with some titles. As far as better integration goes between the systems I honestly think they planned more functionality to be used with the PS4 seeing both were probably being developed around the same time.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 69 (1,318 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

Jan 29, 2013

JuanMdP wrote:

Not to be negative, but I bought my PSV to play PSV games; remote play may be added icing on the cake for people with a PS3 but it's kind of absurd to buy a brand new next gen system merely to use it as a glorified remote pad~.

:smileylol:

Same here,man.I don't own a PS3,nor do I plan to.:smileywink:

Need to scratch that retro need you have?Try Video 61!
We're at: www.atarisales.com and video61@tcq.net
We can fill every Atari or etc need be it sales or service. :smileyhappy:

Formerly known as PSP509 and JediKnight509 on the PSP Forum and PSN Leaderboards! :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:
Video Gamer Extraodinaire!!! :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 69 (1,314 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 30, 2013

ProfessorGerbik wrote:

"Actual ps3 games were promised"

Street Fighter X Tekken, DOA 5+, Playstation All Stars Battle Royale and Need For Speed Most wanted are all very similar to their PS3 counterparts sure I am missing some others. So to me that is enough PS3 on the Vita already. As said I also don't expect every single PS3 game to have a Vita version.

You have to keep in mind the PS Vita was not made right when the PS3 came out so if you expect a lot of that I think you are out of luck and are better off waiting for Sony to use their Gaikai service, then there is a possibility you can play PS3 games on the Vita or better yet even PS4 games by streaming them.

Of course it probably won't be every single game even when they have Gaikai working. Still just the same as an emulator almost so chances are it might have some issues with some titles. As far as better integration goes between the systems I honestly think they planned more functionality to be used with the PS4 seeing both were probably being developed around the same time.

In the first year I expected more to have come from the Vita than has been done for it.:smileysad::smileysad:

The games available on the shelf at a Wal-Mart or a GameStop and etc looks pretty sad and sorry to me!:smileymad: Where in Hell far sakes are the games for it at??Ever go in and look at a Vita display at a Wal-Mart or GameStop really?My two stores have displays that you could cover a 4 foot card table with!What the Hell is up with that stuff?The PS3 and other systems offered cover more area than that!!Sony and the Vita devs out there need to get their act together,man!Things out there are really and truly pitiful for the Vita.Really and truly pitiful!:smileymad:

Sure,if you get on PSN it looks a little better with some DL stuff,not fantastic though....Just good at best.:smileysad:  Then you have to take into account the fact that not all folks have internet access or home WiFi stuff in their houses that never get to see the PSN stuff or do Firmware or software updates too.Not everyone has a computer and/or can afford to have DSL or Broadband internet access in the U.S. or in other countries nowadays.Many in the U.S. are very hard hit financially and/or with high unemployment in their areas -- my area like others has 20% or higher (ours has been that high since since 1998 :smileysurprised: )  Yes,I know many devs have been hard hit too and this could be part of our Vita drought at hand. :smileyhappy:

Need to scratch that retro need you have?Try Video 61!
We're at: www.atarisales.com and video61@tcq.net
We can fill every Atari or etc need be it sales or service. :smileyhappy:

Formerly known as PSP509 and JediKnight509 on the PSP Forum and PSN Leaderboards! :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:
Video Gamer Extraodinaire!!! :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 69 (1,297 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
31 posts

Jan 30, 2013

I'm okay with some of the HD collections and a few PS2 classics. But the full on PS3 games i don't think should have remote play

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 69 (1,264 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3100 posts

Jan 30, 2013
I'm a lil disappointed in the PS3/PS Vita connection features, but that's beating a dead horse going back to the days of the PSP. I love the idea of Remote play but Sony let the devs decide what they wanted to do as far as remote and other features. I like the cross play feature but so far only Little Big Planet 2 takes adventige of that. The PS Vita is like a beta right now for those features until the PlayStation 4 comes and we can see what cool new things we can do with both Systems together. Until then my friend, Game On LOL
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 69 (1,234 Views)
0 Likes