Aug 30 2013
By: SummaDic_2Timez First Son 1 posts

DEAR PLAYSTATION STAFF IS THERE ANYTHING THAT CAN BE DONE ABOUT GETTING DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT SOONER?

14 replies 314 views Edited Aug 30, 2013

LOOK IF SONY REALLY WANTS TO BLOW ME AWAY AND KEEP ME AS A PLAYSTATION MEMBER FOR YEARS TO COME THEN THEY REALLY NEED TO GET SOMETHING SITUATED TO WHERE SONY OWNERS GET DOWNLOADABLE GAMES AND CONTENT AT LEAST THE SAMETIME MICROSOFT RECIEVES THEIRS. ITS REALLY ANNOYING THAT THE FEW BUDDIES I HAVE THAT PLAY XBOX TELL ME ABOUT ALL THE DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT THEY GET FOR COD AND GAMES LIKE TMNT OUT OF THE SHADOWS A MONTH BEFORE THEY ARE RELEASED FOR SONY USERS. AS ONE OF THE BIGGEST SONY PLAYSTATION FANS I THINK WE DESERVE BETTER. WE ARE DEDICATED FANS THAT LOVE THE CONTENT SONY PUTS OUT BUT AT THE SAMETIME WHY ARE WE THE ONES DOING ALL THE WAITING FOR THESE DOWNLOADS? AS THE POWERHOUSE OF GAMING PLATFORMS ISN'T THERE ANYTHING SONY CAN DO TO GET US THIS CONTENT ANY SOONER?

Message 1 of 15 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11488 posts

Re: DEAR PLAYSTATION STAFF IS THERE ANYTHING THAT CAN BE DONE ABOUT GETTING DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT SOO

Aug 30, 2013

SummaDic_2Timez wrote:

LOOK IF SONY REALLY WANTS TO BLOW ME AWAY AND KEEP ME AS A PLAYSTATION MEMBER FOR YEARS TO COME THEN THEY REALLY NEED TO GET SOMETHING SITUATED TO WHERE SONY OWNERS GET DOWNLOADABLE GAMES AND CONTENT AT LEAST THE SAMETIME MICROSOFT RECIEVES THEIRS. ITS REALLY ANNOYING THAT THE FEW BUDDIES I HAVE THAT PLAY XBOX TELL ME ABOUT ALL THE DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT THEY GET FOR COD AND GAMES LIKE TMNT OUT OF THE SHADOWS A MONTH BEFORE THEY ARE RELEASED FOR SONY USERS. AS ONE OF THE BIGGEST SONY PLAYSTATION FANS I THINK WE DESERVE BETTER. WE ARE DEDICATED FANS THAT LOVE THE CONTENT SONY PUTS OUT BUT AT THE SAMETIME WHY ARE WE THE ONES DOING ALL THE WAITING FOR THESE DOWNLOADS? AS THE POWERHOUSE OF GAMING PLATFORMS ISN'T THERE ANYTHING SONY CAN DO TO GET US THIS CONTENT ANY SOONER?

i agree if microsoft can arrange for the availablility of content to be available as soon as it hits tuesday, so should sony there is no excuse for it...

>

Message 2 of 15 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15326 posts

Re: DEAR PLAYSTATION STAFF IS THERE ANYTHING THAT CAN BE DONE ABOUT GETTING DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT SOO

Aug 30, 2013

Their hands are really tied in the matter. I don't really mind because I still get the content. How do Xbox 360 players feel when we get exclusive and timed exclusive content? The same way.

And how does one simply decide to press the caps lock button, shift into maximum overdrive, and type their hearts away? Do you understand what is happening, what you're doing? Please don't type in all caps, friend.

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 3 of 15 (295 Views)
MVP Support
13525 posts

Aug 30, 2013

Teus wrote:

SummaDic_2Timez wrote:

i agree if microsoft can arrange for the availablility of content to be available as soon as it hits tuesday, so should sony there is no excuse for it...

The OP is talking about timed exclusivity of DLC.

Like how Xbox gets the COD DLC 1 month in advance of PC and PS3.

Which, Sony can't do anything about, since MS paid Activision for that deal.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 15 (293 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5089 posts

Aug 31, 2013
Be happy you're getting anything at all and you don't live in Australia.

Also the caps lock blew me away, maybe Sony should try that and see if it blows away their customers.
 photo NorphSig.png

"Postman Pat has a black and white cat, what does Big Boss have? NOTHING! THATS WHAT! HE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE TWO FUNCTIONAL EYES LIKE PAT. OR A VAN!" - F0X
Message 5 of 15 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

Aug 31, 2013

Cant fix this. Microsoft paid to have these updates first. Seeing th ey paid for it first they get them firest. Hopefuly things will change with new system for PS4.

Message 6 of 15 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
316 posts

Aug 31, 2013

Call Of Duty sux and so does Xbox, perfect solution buy a xbox and join your friends.

Message 7 of 15 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1392 posts

Aug 31, 2013
Patience Sir
Message 8 of 15 (195 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16824 posts

Aug 31, 2013

Years ago, Microsoft paid Activision MILLIONS to sign an exclusivity contact with any COD DLC...... this is why Xbox gets COD DLC 1 month early.
This was big news for a while... google it, its all over the place.

Its likely Microsoft has done it again since the contract ended after Black Ops 2, just in time for Ghosts. 
As well as signing the same contract for Respawn's Titanfall (although we don't yet know HOW long before a PS4 version releases)

Furiously Chaosing
Message 9 of 15 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
262 posts

Aug 31, 2013

And they get the BF4 DLC first as well this time around.  If all you play is FPS then its something to think about I guess.  Oh and the dedicated servers.

Message 10 of 15 (174 Views)
0 Likes