Jan 04 2008
By: SocietyOfCrows~ Hekseville Citizen 410 posts

DD-WRT Connection Problems

7 replies 2303 views Edited Jan 4, 2008
My dad changed our linksys router so that it has the DD-WRT firmware, and now I have shi-t-ty internet connection and nat 3. Plus I get weird errors when i try to play cod4 online. What can I do to make dd-wrt work with the ps3 or get my nat type back to 2?
-----------------------------sig-----------------------------
Message 1 of 8 (2,303 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
183 posts

Re: DD-WRT Connection Problems

Jan 4, 2008
I don't think  the DD-WRT is the issue. I have it and its been fine. What you need to do is ask your dad if the ports you need open are indeed open, or get him to set up the DMZ for the PS3. Since he's savy enough to get DD-WRT, he should know what that is and how to do it.
It's not just a gamertag, it's a lifestyle !

Message 2 of 8 (2,303 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
18 posts

Jan 4, 2008
I have DD-WRT running on a BuffaloTech WHR-G125. The browsing on the PS3 seems slow, but I haven't tried any games yet (I just bought it last night). Depending on the router model you have, it may not have enough memory to handle the PS3's data requirements, especially if your dad has turned on a lot of unneeded services. He should be able to monitor the free memory on the router, so have him check it out before you start gaming and then during your gaming to see if it's running low (or worse...locking up and rebooting). If you know the make/model of the router, you can go to the DD-WRT forums and search for PS3 issues here: http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/index.php Perhaps you can find the answer and impress your dad.
Message 3 of 8 (2,303 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
362 posts

Jan 4, 2008
ever since i put dd-wrt on mine its been a day and night diffrence, what he needs to do is give the ps3 a static ip address (like 192.168.1.160 and set that ip up with dmz
Message 4 of 8 (2,303 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 13, 2008
i have the same prob, and the ps3's ip is in dmz, and still the same nat3.

Message 5 of 8 (2,303 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 16, 2011

i have the same problem and ive port forwarded and put it in dmz. but gaming connection is good but i just cant get open nat at all whatever i do

Message 6 of 8 (2,303 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

Mar 16, 2011

You should turn off the DMZ and manual port forwadring, and turn on UPnP if you are using DD-WRT.

The problem probably isn't the router. It's what's ahead of the router. Did your internet service provider give you a "gateway" instead of a modem? If they did, then chances are you have two routers in a row, and that's giving you a closed NAT situation.

Message 7 of 8 (2,303 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1153 posts

Mar 17, 2011

You probably have a linksys router. Ask your dad to go to 192.168.1.1 and go to the NAT/QOS tab. Go to upnp and click enable upnp in the "upnp config. box". That should be all that you need to do, unless you have dsl then you might have to take extra steps, but let's try the first option.

Message 8 of 8 (2,303 Views)
0 Likes