Aug 24 2011
By: Doppelgangergang Treasure Hunter 8196 posts

Cryptic trailer video from PSP Developer Pentavision

10 replies 9 views Edited Aug 24, 2011

Pentavision, the developers of the DJMAX Portable series for the PSP, just uploaded this cryptic video 12 hours ago:

In this video, the words "Signalize," "Angel," "Dark Prism," "Supernova" appears very shortly with two voice clips that are (I know) which are English but has been voice-effected so much I couldn't hear it well.

Portable 4 (or something similar) for PSVita? Oh sure I hope so. This may be another one of their spinoff series (The first of which is the Metro Project, known for Black Square and CE.) where there will be a standalone Portable game and a different arcade/console/PC release.

Either way, brimg om the speculation!

Message 1 of 11 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
524 posts

Re: Cryptic trailer video from PSP Developer Pentavision

Aug 24, 2011

... Never heard of it

Pro skill. Definition: Being too sexy at something for your own good.
Message 2 of 11 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8196 posts

Aug 25, 2011

DJMAX is a series of very intensive music games. And when I mean "Very Intensive" I mean that one person on the forums just destroyed his PSP (literally) out of frustration because he couldn't clear the demo.

To put the speed of this video in numbers: 1176 Notes and time from first note to last note is 126 seconds. Take 1176 and divide it by 126 and you are pressing 10 buttons per second on average.

Message 3 of 11 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
524 posts

Aug 25, 2011

... Smiley Surprised Omgeezers!!! It makes my knees go weak just looking at this... can't imagine pressing 10 buttons in 1 second. Dang, what were the developers thinking?

Message 4 of 11 (9 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1268 posts

Aug 25, 2011

I was completely mesmerized by that video. I don't konw if it's because I like the music (which I do because it reminds me of Pitchshifter, but I think this song was by another band) or the fact that this game is virtually impossible unless you're a professional drummer (or professional finger drummer maybe, lol).

Message 5 of 11 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
524 posts

Aug 25, 2011

Drumming and this actually have nothing in common, because you use buttons instead of actually using a drum... You have to be a real gaming nerd to beat this perfectly...

Message 6 of 11 (9 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1268 posts

Aug 25, 2011

LEAVE US GAMING NERDS ALONE!  Just kidding.   I enjoy gaming as much as the next guy, but no way I could do it just like the guy did in the video.

Message 7 of 11 (9 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
524 posts

Aug 25, 2011

ATRamos1652 wrote:

LEAVE US GAMING NERDS ALONE!  Just kidding.   I enjoy gaming as much as the next guy, but no way I could do it just like the guy did in the video.

If I'm the next guy, then you're right. I'm a gamer, but in NO way am I as addicted as some people. I couldn't pull that off if my life depended on it.

Message 8 of 11 (9 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1306 posts

Aug 25, 2011

I dunno. The odds of a small dev such as Pentvision pulling off a major, new DJMAX type of series on the PS Vita in the span of a couple of months is very slim. Pentavision could not have been one of the developers who had a PS Vita in their position prior to this year and since Pentavision would likely develop something that specifically suits the PS Vita, Pentavision would likely take their time.

I am being very pessismitic about there being a new DJMAX title for PS Vita in 2011, simply because it does not even seem possible - it could be a Technika tournament or PSP title for all we know.

Message 9 of 11 (9 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1306 posts

Aug 26, 2011

Btw, here is a link to the Pentavision twitter account. I recomend people stay tuned if they are a fan of DJMAX, S4 or any Pentavision related news by checking them out,

http://twitter.com/#!/playpentavision

Peace!

Message 10 of 11 (9 Views)
0 Likes