Mar 06 2012
By: peglegthebandit First Son 1 posts

Cross Play: what it is and what it does

4 replies 35 views Edited Mar 6, 2012

There are three different modes of cross play. 

Remote Play Based - This means that the PSVita can access a game that has been downloaded on the PS3’s HDD and play. The only example that we have of this right now is Marvel Ultimate Marvel V.S Capcom.

Online Cross Play - Traditionally if one was playing online on a PS3 system, they were playing against other consumers on PS3 systems. With this mode of cross play it means that PSVita users can play against people on the Playstation 3 platform and vice versa.

Take your game save on the go - The only example of this currently is MLB 12 (which is not released yet).  With this version of cross play, the user can transfer their saved data utility file from the PS3 to the PSVita and continue the game play on the go. This works because you’re playing on the same saved data file.

Message 1 of 5 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6439 posts

Re: Cross Play: what it is and what it does

Mar 6, 2012

Pretty much but MLB 12 The Show came out today.

Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion! playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com

PSN: ScreamAimFire999
Message 2 of 5 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Mar 7, 2012

peglegthebandit wrote:

There are three different modes of cross play. 

Remote Play Based - This means that the PSVita can access a game that has been downloaded on the PS3’s HDD and play. The only example that we have of this right now is Marvel Ultimate Marvel V.S Capcom.

Online Cross Play - Traditionally if one was playing online on a PS3 system, they were playing against other consumers on PS3 systems. With this mode of cross play it means that PSVita users can play against people on the Playstation 3 platform and vice versa.

Take your game save on the go - The only example of this currently is MLB 12 (which is not released yet).  With this version of cross play, the user can transfer their saved data utility file from the PS3 to the PSVita and continue the game play on the go. This works because you’re playing on the same saved data file.

Sorry but the only mode that is called cross play is the second one (and that is why you have it called cross play), the others are not cross platform play they are remote play (playing your PS3 remotely) as you have listed, and the game save transferring (which does not have an official name yet as far as I know but Hideo Kojima is calling it 'transfarring').

Message 3 of 5 (35 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Mar 7, 2012

I have mlb the show for the ps3 and vita and I can save my season and pick it up both ways but I can't be in the middle of the game and do the same. It makes me start the game over which is driving me crazy! Does someone know how to do this or is it not possible?

Message 4 of 5 (35 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Mar 7, 2012

nolesfan79 wrote:

I have mlb the show for the ps3 and vita and I can save my season and pick it up both ways but I can't be in the middle of the game and do the same. It makes me start the game over which is driving me crazy! Does someone know how to do this or is it not possible?

It is not possible, you need to be able to save your game to the cloud to be able to pull it onto the other console.

Message 5 of 5 (35 Views)
0 Likes