First Son
4 posts

Re: Credit Card Information Invalid

Jul 8, 2010

Is Sony actually doing something to fix this, are they really aware of the problem, to they even read the forums, because the Euro store makes my psp go a paper weight, my only salvation is the us store, but now I starting to regret buying it maybe its time to move to the 360 and 3DS.

There's at least 3 games I want to buy, which probably will never be available in Europe, and now that I have time to play this happens.

It's not an isolated problem, if it was working fine why mess with it?

Message 41 of 53 (152 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 19, 2010

I've been having the same issue too. It's been very frustrating. I did however manage to get it to go through by using all capital letters in everything(Name, address, postal code, etc).

Message 42 of 53 (152 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 3, 2011

Same problem here and I'm quite sure that my info is correct and the card valid. So - someone on the other end of this is missing out on sales - They must be doing very well, if they can simply turn customers away like that.

If I see $1 charges on my card, they'll be getting a call for sure.

Message 43 of 53 (152 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Mar 2, 2011

Oh you'll see those $1.00 charges for sure. What I'd like to know is how they can tell me I've entered my info incorrectly if they're able to charge me $1.00 over and over.Also, calling them will do nothing. I just got off the phone with them and they basically told me to call my bank to check the address and if it's correct then my credit card is straight up NOT COMPATIBLE with the Playstation Network.

Funny, I use my credit card 10+ times a month for online purchases on many different websites and this is my first time encountering a problem like this.

I'm really getting sick of garbage like this from Sony. Sure, I can go buy the PSN pre-paid cards but I don't even want to give this company any more of my money. I'm really regretting getting a PS3 after only having it for few weeks.

Message 44 of 53 (152 Views)
Sackboy
613 posts

Mar 4, 2011

WHY THE HELL ARE THEY CHARGING MY CARD! If my info isn't valid then how the fuck are they charging me? Am I being scammed or something? Fix this bullshit.

It's Never Lupus!
Message 45 of 53 (152 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Mar 4, 2011

The Same thing is happening to me. At least I'm not the only right now. I don't know if it's because of the Call of Duty situation and they're still trying to fix some areas because I've called Sony and it stated that the network was no longer down. I'm thinking about calling them again and seeing if they could help me in this department. For those who has been trying to add their billing information since yesterday, if you look at your account you'll see that even though PSN said that it's invalid credit card, money is being taken out of your account however many times you kept trying to type in your information but don't worry the money will be put back into your account. It happened to me last night and I lost $12.00 but today I've checked again and the money has been placed back into my account.

I can't really tell you guys what to do next except go to the nearest local store and buy a PSN card. I really don't think Bank of America has an issue with allowing customers to purchase from PSN because in the past I was able to do it but I don't know...maybe something happened.

The crazy thing is Sony people (when I had spoken to them twice yesterday) told me that most likely it's not working because I'm ....suspended or whatever for next 24 hours...but it didn't state at all when I kept trying so...Am I still not allowed or what? I don't get it, I really don't want to purchase a $20 card if I want to just buy something that's only $5 on the PSN store.

If anyone has any updates please post them.

Message 46 of 53 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
60 posts

Mar 4, 2011

edit my bad I was rembering wrong....

Try entering your state prefix at the end of your address, like you would on an envelope. Don't bother putting a comma between your address and your State, but do put a space between them.

The problem was not the address, it was the City.... My credit card shows city and state on a single line. So, I figure I'd try entering the State behind the City... and that's what worked. So for the City, put your state prefix on the back of it.

For example:

Miami FL

on the line for City.

Then on the pulldown menu you'd also have your state listed there....

Message 47 of 53 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
60 posts

Mar 4, 2011

BrowniePoints93 wrote:

WHY THE HELL ARE THEY CHARGING MY CARD! If my info isn't valid then how the **** are they charging me? Am I being scammed or something? Fix this ********.

you're not being charge they are testing the CVV number with a false dollar, the dollar isn't autorized to your credit card so it never gets deducted from the card. They even state it as such in support (it's in the smaller text): http://us.playstation.com/support/answer/index.htm?a_id=793

The problem with transfering funds to the wallet is that it does a seperate address check. And the address has to be identical to how your credit card company has it listed. On my previous post I made an error. I corrected it.

but to recap, in my case; my city and state were on the same line on my credit card. So when PSN verfied the address it saw it as incorrect, because my credit card had my city and state prefix on the same line.

For example, if I lived in Austin I'd naturally only put "AUSTIN" on the city entery. But my credit card has the City listing as, "AUSTIN, TX". So, to get PSN to validate I had to enter AUSTIN TX in the City line (all in caps, and no comma between city and state.....) Only after doing that was I able to buy a PSN game with my credit card....

Message 48 of 53 (152 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 5, 2011

I was told earlier today that their address verification system has been up & down for two days.  Try again later.  Sux.

Message 49 of 53 (152 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 30, 2012

Don't know if anyone still looks at this thread, but I thought I'd add my 2 cents.  I saw someone mention that they saw posts regarding this from 2007?  Well guess what, it's 2012 and this roblem is STILL ongoing. 

Funny story, I added $20 to my wallet successfully the first time (which was yesterday), and saved the card info.  Came back in today to throw some more on, and all of a sudden my info is invalid, even though I just used the exact same info yesterday to add cash.  W.T.F. Sony?  I'd always used the prepaid cards before this, and am probably going to go back to doing that.

Message 50 of 53 (151 Views)
0 Likes