I too am having this problem.
Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 52 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
70 posts

Re: Credit Card Information Invalid

Jul 7, 2010

Just wanted to report the same issue. I've used the same one card since creating my PSN account over 2 years ago and everything has worked perfectly ... until yesterday's update. Online play works fine, I just can't add to wallet. Quite grumpy.

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 52 (42 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jul 7, 2010

I' m having the same problem but only in my us account my euro account is working fine,only the add funds part fails.

Unfortunately the us store is the only store where I can get the games I like and want.

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 52 (42 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jul 7, 2010

Just wanted to report back that I am able to add funds using the PSN card, but since they don't sell them near me I had to have a friend pick it up for me.  I hope they fix the credit card function soon.

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 52 (42 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 8, 2010

It's not even letting me edit the credit card information anymore. Don't know what else to do.

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 52 (42 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 8, 2010

Looks like I am yet another victim of this idiotic problem. Tried my cards and my wife's cards, but no luck! My card worked fine to purchase Tecmo Bowl, then a month later, not one card will work. Then I see 1 dollar taken from my account because I changed some billing info.. YET THEY CANNOT ACCEPT THE $15 THAT I WANT TO SPEND ON SOME STUPID DLC!!... Does Sony even KNOW there is problem, here?? All I want to do is purchase something for  $15 and now  the only answer I can find is buy a psn card at gamestop! I thought that was the beauty of having an ONLINE store, so that I didn't have to go to the ACTUAL store...

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 52 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
544 posts

Jul 8, 2010

This other thread talks about the problem and how to solve it.

http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network/Grr-why-won-t-my-credit-card-work/td-p/324060...

my post from that thread

You have to be exact on everything which is kind of stupid cause Sony request the information from the CC company and they go yup that the right account but cause it not how Sony wants, PSN says it not valid so if like me I get a call from my CC company wanting to know if I knew that Sony has check my information countless time think they said 9 times.

Look at your address on the bill that comes in the mail is has to be exact same as that.

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 52 (42 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
76 posts

Jul 8, 2010

We apologize for any inconvenience in updating your PlayStation(R)Network account billing information. So that we may further assist you, please tell us if you are currently accessing your account from within the United States or Canada, and what type of card you are using.

If you have not done so, we would recommend deactivating and reactivating your console for the content you are attempting to purchase (game/video). If there is an apartment number associated with your billing address, try removing it completely when entering your information through the account management section of the XrossMediaBar™. Please verify with your card issuer that AVS (Address Verification System) is implemented as a security feature on your card, and that your account information matches exactly as the issuer has keyed it in the card issuers database. If still unsuccessful with a credit or debit card, you may choose to use a PlayStation®Network Card (PSN Card) which can be found in local retail stores such as Best Buy, Wal-Mart, or Game Stop.

If the above troubleshooting recommendations do not correct the situation, we are sorry the credit card is not compatible, but there is nothing more we can do beyond the suggestions already shared.

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 52 (42 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jul 8, 2010
I'm having this problem too, I currently live in Japan but have had no problem updating my US PSN account until now. My old card expired and I got a new debit card. All the information is the same, except the number/expiration date which I updated. Address is EXACTLY the same as it was before.

Card won't work, on the PC it says my CC info is invalid (which is untrue) or on the PSP/PS3 it says it can't add funds to my wallet.

This is ridiculous, nothing annoys me more than companies that refuse to take my money. It's absolutely atrocious business practice. I understand if there's a problem, but instead of saying 'sorry, nothing we can do' they should at least take my CC info and manually update stuff at their end at Sony HQ, since it is obviously their problem.

Kinda makes my PSPGo useless, and makes me just want to replace my PS3 with a 360 too. I can't stand problems like this.
Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 52 (42 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jul 8, 2010

Like most other threads, they all talk about the same thing.  Even the Support section of the Playstaion.com site says all of this crud. Try a bunch of stuff.  If it works, "Yay".  If not, "Sorry, your card is not good enough".  The fact of the matter is that some of us have tried everything and have, for what ever reason, lost the ability to use the cards that were working just a short time ago.

I know that there is always the people who don't read through and do the suggestions provided.  However, there are the people who do everything, once, or twice even, in hopes that it will work. Also, after these people follow all the rules and suggestions and have no ability to easily obtain a PSN card.  They are given no valid explanation to the problem, and are given the same list of suggestions over and over again.

A dramatic example of this situation in a different market would be, imagine... You go to the hospital because you broke your arm.  The hospital tells you, "Sorry, we don't like the color of your shirt.  Get a new shirt and we'll be happy to help."  As you can see, it is not the hospitals problem that you have a shirt they don't like.  It doesn't matter how much you would like them to fix your arm.  You need to follow their unreasonable rules just to provide a service they are there for in the first place.  That is poor customer service no matter what market you represent.  Plain and simple.

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 52 (42 Views)
0 Likes