Gaming Beast
2127 posts

Re: Credit Card Information Invalid

Feb 14, 2010

BelieveInFate wrote: Every time you attempt to input any card information, they will deduct $1 from that acct/credit card and put it back within 24 hrs as part of the normal procedures of verification so to avoid having a dozen of those, I'd say wait it out.

My point is that it is totally rediculous to tell me that my credit card information is wrong then take money out of my account! If you are able to take my money, from the account, then obviously my information is NOT incorrect!

Outside of a dog, a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Message 21 of 53 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
111 posts

Feb 14, 2010

firehawk2324 wrote:

BelieveInFate wrote: Every time you attempt to input any card information, they will deduct $1 from that acct/credit card and put it back within 24 hrs as part of the normal procedures of verification so to avoid having a dozen of those, I'd say wait it out.

My point is that it is totally rediculous to tell me that my credit card information is wrong then take money out of my account! If you are able to take my money, from the account, then obviously my information is NOT incorrect!

Precisely, its not the information thats wrong. Like I said, my information was correct as well but I kept getting the same error and the same $1 deduction from my account with every attempt. I just made another attempt just a little while ago when another user reminded me of the weather condition likely affecting the network and it went through flawlessly.
Your information is more then likely 100% correct, but the network won't allow for any updating if it's under maintenance. Depending upon where you are, it could already be good to go. If anything else, call 877-971-7669, PSN Customer Support and see if a "Down for Maintenance" recording plays at the beginning. If so, that could be your problem. Like I said, you may have to wait it out if thats the case and not make any attempts until it clears up.
It just worked for me so at least thats promising enough to know that its turning around. I'll leave any updates if I come across any. One of my online friends is still having problems of his own too so he's telling me stuff as things come along. 

believeinfate

Message 22 of 53 (198 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 15, 2010
Unforunately, I had no idea that there was a $1.00 "charge" for every attempt.  It's angering to me for a few reasons:  1)  There's nothing on the Account Management website indicating there would be a $1.00 charge.  I assume that this charge will be reversed.  2)  Obviously, if the $1.00 went through, the information I entered was correct.  What's wrong on Sony's end?  All I want to do is add funds to my Sony Wallet.  It shouldn't be this complicated.  Does anyone know if there's some sort of email sent out by Sony telling you when your account information has been updated?
Message 23 of 53 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2127 posts

Feb 15, 2010

Ashleys_Dad wrote:
Unforunately, I had no idea that there was a $1.00 "charge" for every attempt.  It's angering to me for a few reasons:  1)  There's nothing on the Account Management website indicating there would be a $1.00 charge.  I assume that this charge will be reversed.  2)  Obviously, if the $1.00 went through, the information I entered was correct.  What's wrong on Sony's end?  All I want to do is add funds to my Sony Wallet.  It shouldn't be this complicated.  Does anyone know if there's some sort of email sent out by Sony telling you when your account information has been updated?

From what I have read on the forums, they are going through some sort of system maintinence and that has everything messed up. When looking at my online banking, it says my funds will be "released" on the 15th (tomorrow). What I assume the charge is for is to verify the account before charging the card. And that makes sense, because a lot of places do it. I won't be waiting around to see if they fix it, as I have already requested my husband to pick up a points card on his way home from work, and that just seems the simplest way to do things.

Outside of a dog, a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Message 24 of 53 (198 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 8, 2010

I'm having the same kind of problem, except it has to do with my Last name during credit card registration. In Sweden, we have 28 letters. The three last one are Å Ä and Ö. My last name contains the letter Ö, which is Bergström. However, when I write the credit card owner, it says that i can only use regular letters. So i change Ö to O and it says that the information is invalid.

Message 25 of 53 (198 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 1, 2010

This is exactly my problem

I also have an Ö in my last name

but the thing is that i have bought things on the PSN before, this is the second time i've gotten the "invalid" message in my 3 year PSP owning period

this seriously needs to be addressed by SONY

Message 26 of 53 (198 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

May 22, 2010

Add one more to the "I can't add funds to my PSN wallet" list.  Over the course of the last day I have tried everything I can think of.  The card is definitely fine, as I have used it both online and in a store in the past day.  The address I put in is correct.  I've tried to add funds logged in on both my PC as well as my PS3.  Everything is exactly how it should be.  Something is definitely wrong here.  I am a compulsive online shopper and as a result I have bought numerous items over the internet using the exact same card and have NEVER had it declined until now.  I don't care what anyone says, this system is BROKEN and I find it extremely sad that I can do a google search and find forum posts that are nearly 4 years old now about this same exact topic.  How is it every other company on the internet doesn't have a problem with my card yet PSN does?  Typically in a situation like this I would think there is something wrong on my end, but in this specific case, I'm going to have to say that this is clearly not the problem.

Here is a quick warning that is semi-related.  If you are having this problem, DO NOT turn to Bioware Points as a potential solution.  This all started when I attempted to buy some DLC for Dragon Age: Origins.  After not being able to use my credit card to add funds to my wallet, I decided to turn to Bioware and buy Bioware Points from them instead.  Well, it turns out they are just as big of a pain as trying to add funds to my wallet directly.  After having a fairly extensive e-mail conversation with three different representatives from EA, the final conclusion is that I have to wait 48 hours for my Bioware Points to "process" before I can use them.  This will be the last time I attempt to use Bioware Points.  What a pain in the rear.  In my opinion, 48 hours is a long time to wait for some electronic credits to process and be accessible for use.  If that's the case with every buyer I don't know how Bioware manages to get anybody to use their Bioware Points. 

Looks like I'll just have to resort to relying on PSN cards to get any sort of downloadable content from PSN.  Considering it's the year 2010 and Sony is supposed to be a large, reputable company I find this to be completely unacceptable.  However, I suppose no matter how much complaining we all do on this forum Sony isn't going to change.  Unreal.

Message 27 of 53 (198 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jul 5, 2010

Well i have the same problem and for some odd reason it goes in and out of working my guess is that its the servers that is causing the problem

Message 28 of 53 (198 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jul 6, 2010

I have have nothing new to say on this topic other than adding that this is still an issue for some unexplainable reason.  I have spent 4-5 hours researching this problems with still no solution.  It makes me sad.  The reason I bought a PSPgo was for the ease of downloadable content.  Two words... Big mistake.

Just to add, I have tried 4 different cards (Two checking account/Visa Debit cards, and two major credit cards.)  The first card I used was the same card I have been using for the past year to add funds to my wallet.  I have tried PS3, PSP, Media Go and the Account Management methods of adding funds, and get the same "The funds could not be added to your wallet" message every time.  I have tried every variation of my address, along with past addresses.

My only guess is that this is some kind of hot potato problem and Sony attempts to fix it when they can, and maybe even does fix it for some people, however the problem gets passed on to someone else.  Like if they were holding an umbrella over 20 peoples heads, it will only keep so many people dry at one time, but they only have to worry about it when it is raining.

There are no words in the English language to describe the level of frustration I am having about this.  I am not looking to seek pity, but instead, I more or less need to vent about the situation. ^_^

Edit:  Thought I would add that I have been having this problem for the past week, and have tried to add funds every day.

Message 29 of 53 (198 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jul 6, 2010

Well, I posted in another thread and now realize that this is the issue that I am having.  Everything was fine before this new update. 

I was just on the phone with them and tried 3 credit cards copying my address exactly how it is written on my statements, per his advice.  I also tried leaving my apartment out altogether.  The card info updated succesfully, but I could not transfer funds.  This has been going on since Friday for me.

So, adding myself to this list and bumping this thread.  Somebody needs to fix this ASAP.

Message 30 of 53 (198 Views)
0 Likes