I Only Post Everything
1066 posts

Re: Credit Card Information Invalid

Jan 23, 2008
Well you can look at it this way , The more people that have problems the more money they are lose'n.
Photobucket
Message 11 of 53 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
61 posts

Jan 23, 2008
That's what I told the tech. "It's Sony's loss not mine" I wanted to spend some cash in their store.
Message 12 of 53 (275 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

May 20, 2008
I was still having the same problem, within 2 weeks I tried 4 different credit cards...I finally got a AMEX gift card and it worked with out any problems!
Message 13 of 53 (275 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 22, 2008

Here's a possible solution; this is what happened to me...

For some reason, my bank has found it necessary to keep two addresses on file for me. One address, my current, is on file with my debit card; totally doesn't work when I tried to add funds to my wallet with it, and I couldn't figure anything out. My previous address, however, has not been taken off the actual account where my deposits go. I hadn't realised this until maybe an hour ago when I checked the mail, and voila, a bank statement with my previous address on it (my statements were being forwarded to me).

So I thought I'd give it ONE more shot... and it worked.

I typed my name as it appears on my debit card (in all CAPS), and entered in the rest of my card info; when it came to the address screen, I simply typed in the address that was on file with my *account*, not my card (I know, it's weird). The way I typed in my address was in lower case, and abbreviated - no periods or comma's. I didn't have an apartment number at my old address, so I'm not sure how that would pan out. But if my address was:

0210 Rodeo Dr.

Beverly Hills, CA

The  state and zip have their own boxes; but as for the city and street address, I would have had it look like this:

0210 rodeo dr

beverly hills 

So, my advice is to look at the address that your bank statement is being mailed to, that's what worked for me.

Hope this helps!

Message Edited by MJH4253 on 06-22-2008 04:30 PM
Message Edited by MJH4253 on 06-22-2008 04:33 PM
Message 14 of 53 (275 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 5, 2009

It's almost 2010 and I am currently having the same problem.  No matter how many combinations I have tried, I cannot make this work.  This is pathetic.  I can tell you right now that it is poor business practice to make it difficult for customers to part with their money.  I have never had this much difficulty in buying anything online ever.

Sony needs to fix this.  This is not my problem, it is theirs. 

Message 15 of 53 (275 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 4, 2010

wow sony does suck sometimes....it aint the games just the service

good job sony kinda thought you were untouchable...lost 8 dollars trying to buy **bleep** from you

n i had the exact same problem as you discoforcommies... did you find any idea on how to get in with your credit card yet cuz that would help 

Message 16 of 53 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2127 posts

Feb 14, 2010
My husband wanted to buy me an estate for Home for Valentines Day, but can't because our credit card info is "invalid". We can't figure out what we are doing wrong, as everything is correct to either our card info or the billing info!

Outside of a dog, a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Message 17 of 53 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
111 posts

Feb 14, 2010

I'm having almost the exact same problem. I made another post about it too.

At first, my error was coming back with the same thing saying my information is incorrect. I triple checked my info and it all matches my bank info and everything.

tried 2 different cards and it still didn't come through.

I called PSN and they said the network was down for maintenance and that any attempts to update info from you PS3 or computer would not go through until the maintenance has completed. Problem is, that recording has been on there since last Wednesday when this all started for me.

Now when I attempt to update my info, it says "Unable to update your Information." and to contact tech support or PSN.

E-mailing them doesn't work either, they just reply with automated links to their "Knowledge Center"

I know they may have some issues, but 4 days?! Seriously, that's kinda pathetic considering they should know how many people they are servicing.

It's either something really serious... or they're like "Let's wait til Monday to deal with it."

idk 

believeinfate

Message 18 of 53 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2127 posts

Feb 14, 2010
Ok, now I'm a little more irked. We tried to use our card 4 times. I just checked our bank account, and PSN has taken out $4 from our account, which will be released back to us tomorrow. They can take and hold our money, then refuse to let buy anything with the card? Screw that. I don't think Sony will be getting any more of my money.

Outside of a dog, a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Message 19 of 53 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
111 posts

Feb 14, 2010

I just got mine to work. I decided to try it again the exact same way I tried before and it went through.

I went to my post about this and someone from up north did remind me that the weather has been horrible here in my area lately (Pensacola, FL) and even worse further north and has been affecting the infrastructure. Even regular internet connection problems were affected. Thinking about it I did notice getting kicked off ARMY OF TWO a lot over the past week when we had snow here and the weather was pretty bad so I kind of understand why they're having issues.

I say try again, I mean, since I was just able to get it through a second ago.

Other than than, wait it out until the calling centers stop playing the "down for maintenance" recording when you call. Every time you attempt to input any card information, they will deduct $1 from that acct/credit card and put it back within 24 hrs as part of the normal procedures of verification so to avoid having a dozen of those, I'd say wait it out.

The weather here in Pensacola has cleared up completely. Funny, was snowing 2 days ago and now it's moderately warm today and thats proof enough for me since it's working here now. Connecting via my PS3 is just about back to normal too.

I'll update more if I hear anything from my other post. 

believeinfate

Message 20 of 53 (275 Views)
0 Likes