Highlighted
Jun 05 2011
By: Twosted Survivor 2566 posts
Accepted Solution

Creating a sub-account.

9 replies 547 views Edited Jun 5, 2011

Hey everyone.  I just got another PS3.  I am trying to create a sub-account for my daughter and they want parental consent.  They sent me an email, but the link in it sends me to the good old "Site Maintenance Notice" page.  So I guess I can't create a sub-account until they fix the PC store.  Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 10 (547 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3846 posts

Re: Creating a sub-account.

Jun 5, 2011

:^/ Sony's welcome back package contains two free games for PS3, two for PSP, and two personal spaces for Home.  That's oodles of gigabytes, dude, and seventy-seven million users are all trying to download them at once.  That'd tax any server to its limits, so it's really not surprising that Sony's login server times out sometimes.

A friend of mine was finally able to create his account last night, after things had died down a bit from the midday traffic.  You'll likely have better luck by trying these things in the late evening, after most other folks have gone to bed, just as my friend did.

;^) Good luck....

Message 2 of 10 (547 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2566 posts

Jun 5, 2011

Danger_Dad wrote:

:^/ Sony's welcome back package contains two free games for PS3, two for PSP, and two personal spaces for Home.  That's oodles of gigabytes, dude, and seventy-seven million users are all trying to download them at once.  That'd tax any server to its limits, so it's really not surprising that Sony's login server times out sometimes.

A friend of mine was finally able to create his account last night, after things had died down a bit from the midday traffic.  You'll likely have better luck by trying these things in the late evening, after most other folks have gone to bed, just as my friend did.

;^) Good luck....

It has nothing to do with network traffic.  The link that they send me via email takes me to a "Site Maintenance Notice" page.  here is the link:

https://store.playstation.com/accounts/register/parentConsent.action?platform=pc

So until they fix this site I am unable to confirm my daughters accout.

Message 3 of 10 (547 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Jun 5, 2011

Seventy seven million!?   ..hmmm

Message 4 of 10 (547 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2566 posts

Jun 8, 2011

I found a workaround fix to my problem.  For anyone with similar issues I posted the fix here:

http://community.us.playstation.com/message/31121581#31121581

Sony support was absolutely no help at all.  I had to figure this out all by myself.

Message 5 of 10 (547 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1427 posts

Jun 9, 2011

No work-arounds will "work" if the web interface to one's account is not functioning. This "way" has been down for several days now... and, as usual, no word at all fom anyone from Sony.

0 Likes
Survivor
2566 posts

Jun 9, 2011

Riverside309 wrote:

No work-arounds will "work" if the web interface to one's account is not functioning. This "way" has been down for several days now... and, as usual, no word at all fom anyone from Sony.

I'm not quite sure what you are tring to say.  This workaround for creating a sub account worked for me.  If you can login into the forums you should be able to access your account information through the Qriocity website.  But you are correct that the offical "Sony" method hasn't worked since they brought the network back online.

Message 7 of 10 (547 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
989 posts

Jun 9, 2011

Why do people even create sub accounts? they just make things more complicated. Is it that hard to monitor what games your kids play? I got my ps3 when I was 14 and never had aaany problems at all. And every friend of mine that had overprotective parents just ended up making a new account(losing all their trophies).

I'm no troll, I just dont like you.
Message 8 of 10 (547 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jun 15, 2011

Personally, I create a sub-account to conform with law and teach my daughter ethical behavior, like honoring terms of agreement.  -that's just my take.

However, SONY makes it extremely difficult.

I spoke with several customer service reps who said that I am mistaken about the account management server being down.

I have received several emails from customer service telling me the same thing.

Finally, I got a supervisor today, after TWO HOURS of BS, and he told me that indeed the server for managing accounts from the PC (which includes activating sub-accounts) has been down for an undetermined amount of time, and he has no idea when it will be active again.  He further told me that ALL the customer service representatives, including the ones who told me I am using my PC wrong, have been informed.

So, Sony lies as a policy, they refused to incorporate a work-around (phone authorization for instance) and all the negative revies online are true.

Even still, after speaking with the supervisor, I keep getting emails telling me all I have to do is follow the link, and all will be fine - the same old same old link.

Message 9 of 10 (547 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1427 posts

Jun 16, 2011

DEMOCRAC-Y wrote:

Why do people even create sub accounts? they just make things more complicated. Is it that hard to monitor what games your kids play? I got my ps3 when I was 14 and never had aaany problems at all. And every friend of mine that had overprotective parents just ended up making a new account(losing all their trophies).

I'm no troll, I just dont like you.

Not just that, but to share a common funding source. I had wanted a second account that would share the wallet with my main account. The issue I had is despite the documentation, I NEVER got the option to choose what kind of account. AND this was long before the hack and downtime.

0 Likes