Fender Bender
3501 posts

Re: Cracked PS4? Need help!

[ Edited ]
Dec 8, 2013

Wow

This is where I read it when I purchased it. (3 year with accidental damage) 

PLAYSTATION® PROTECTION PLAN - This Service Plan provides coverage for Product hardware failures due to defects in workmanship and/or materials, or due to normal wear and tear. Should service be required, We will repair or replace Your Product (at Our option) with a Product fully re-certified to the original manufacturers written factory standards. User data stored on disk drives or other memory devices are specifically not covered and may be lost. All Product settings will be returned to the original factory default settings. All Product firmware (if applicable) will be updated to the latest official version at the time of service.

PLAYSTATION® PROTECTION PLAN - ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE:

• HAND HELD DEVICES - In addition to coverage for Product hardware failures due to defects in workmanship and/or materials, or due to normal wear and tear, this Service Plan also provides coverage to the screen of the Product if cracked due to accidental damage (such as drops) from handling that occur during normal use and operation in accordance with the manufacturer's written specifications, in an appropriate operating environment. Coverage will apply only if purchased within thirty (30) days from the date Your Product was purchased. Product inspection for neglect or abuse will be performed prior to service and the determination is at the sole discretion of the authorized service provider.
  • CONSOLE DEVICES - In addition to coverage for Product hardware failures due to defects in workmanship and/or materials, or due to normal wear and tear, this Service Plan also provides coverage for accidental damage from handling (such as drops, liquid spills, and cracks) that occur during normal use and operation in accordance with the manufacturer's written specifications, in an appropriate operating environment. Coverage will apply only if purchased within thirty (30) days from the date Your Product was purchased. Product inspection for neglect or abuse will be performed prior to service and the determination is at the sole discretion of the authorized service provider.

Repair/Replacement Option: At Our option, We will either repair Your Product or replace it with a new, or a factory re-certified PlayStation® product of like kind, quality, and features. We will try and match specific replacement preferences such as equipment color, cosmetics, or features, but this is not guaranteed. The price of the replacement product shall not exceed the original purchase price of the original Product. If We replace Your Product, We will ship the replacement product to You once We receive the damaged/un-repairable Product. When You receive the replacement product, the damaged/un-repairable Product becomes Our property.

For the PLAYSTATION® PROTECTION PLAN - ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE: If We replace Your Product with another of equal value or like kind and quality, We shall have satisfied all obligations owed under this Service Plan which will end on the date of the replacement unless otherwise prohibited by law in the province where the Service Plan was originally purchased.

It does not seem very cryptic to me and this is a brand new plan. I suspect folks will he held to the letter of these terms over what someone said on the phone.  

If me encouraging you to make sure you knew exactly what you were buying and/or doing got you to get answers and make an informed decision, that was my only goal.

You are quite welcome.

The truth will set you free... But it may sting a bit...
Message 21 of 23 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
31 posts

Dec 8, 2013
Doesn't it come with a 1 year warranty anyway? You will pay for 3 but in theory only get 2 because you get 12months manufacturers warranty with the product
Message 22 of 23 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3501 posts

Dec 8, 2013

si2504 wrote:
Doesn't it come with a 1 year warranty anyway? You will pay for 3 but in theory only get 2 because you get 12months manufacturers warranty with the product

Depends on which one you get.

FOR PLAYSTATION® PROTECTION PLAN: THIS SERVICE PLAN PROVIDES NO BENEFITS DURING THE TERM OF THE MANUFACTURER'S WARRANTY. THE TERM OF THIS SERVICE PLAN AND THE BENEFITS DESCRIBED HEREIN COMMENCE IMMEDIATELY UPON EXPIRATION OF THE MANUFACTURER'S WARRANTY.

FOR PLAYSTATION® PROTECTION PLAN – WITH ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE: THIS SERVICE PLAN COMPLEMENTS THE MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY; IT DOES NOT REPLACE THE MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY, BUT PROVIDES CERTAIN ADDITIONAL BENEFITS DURING THE TERM OF THE MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY. LOSSES COVERED BY THE MANUFACTURER DURING THE MANUFACTURER’S WARRANTY PERIOD ARE NOT COVERED UNDER THIS SERVICE PLAN.

Thats Sony's all caps, not mine. Smiley Tongue

The truth will set you free... But it may sting a bit...
Message 23 of 23 (182 Views)
0 Likes