Lombax Warrior
128 posts

Re: Cracked PS4? Need help!

Dec 7, 2013

For those interested I just wanted to update everyone on the situation. It is indeed a crack and after speaking to Sony a few times I am able to purchase the 3 year warranty plan as long as it is before the 15th. I was not aware of this so as asson as I get the warranty I will be shipping my system off for a brand new one! Wal-Mart never mentioned a warranty plan so it slipped my mind to get one the day of launch when I got my PS4. My thining was that if I did not purchase the warranty then and there that I ws not able to purchase one at all. I did not know that I have 3o days to purchase the warranty. I'm all smiles over hear on my end. Thanks again everyone for the input and advice!

Message 11 of 23 (611 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3501 posts

Dec 7, 2013

Cool but FYI, that's your one replacement under accidental damage.  You get one for accidental damage and thats it.

If its working fine you may just want to to wait in case something happens that is accidental damage that actually has any effect on function.

The truth will set you free... But it may sting a bit...
Message 12 of 23 (609 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1273 posts

Dec 7, 2013

It's probably just the coating that has cracked, an what is that red thing in the first pic? I thought that is what you were talking about at first

Message 13 of 23 (605 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
128 posts

Dec 8, 2013

Oh haha, I'm in the process of mounting my TV so I have my PS4 sitting on top of one of my high school yearbooks for now. I don't have anywhere else to put it and I didn't want it layin flat on the carpet due to the fan and stuff. I just wanted to make sure it was elevated and could vent properly so I stuck it on top of that until I get the mount installed and such.

Message 14 of 23 (580 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
128 posts

Dec 8, 2013

And if it is the coating then I'm fine with that. I just don't know how to determine if it is the coating. When I rub my finger over it I can feel that it seems like it is somewhat elevated? I can't really tell if it's my finger digging into the crack or if it's actually elevated. When I put a little pressure there is no movement whatsoever. 

Message 15 of 23 (578 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
128 posts

Dec 8, 2013

The customer support guy that I talked to said that if anything ever goes wrong that I can send in the system and get a brand new one free. Same goes for the controller and any other item that came in the box. He didn't tell me specifically that I would only get one console and that would be it. He told me that for 3 years I'm covered and anything that goes wrong will be replaced free of charge and aside from the $59.99 fee for the 3 year warranty plan, I won't have to pay a single penny for anything for three years. So I interpreted that I can get a replacement console if something were to happen to any console I receive. I'll double check and make sure that that is the case and if I do only get one replacement system then I can wait until something happens or until the end of my three years and send it in right before the wrranty expires and get a brand new one. If my system makes it that long that is. I know with AppleCare they tell you that you only get 2 replacements but the Sony support never mentioned anything about one replacement only. Which it does make sense to only get one. I'll just have to double check.

Message 16 of 23 (575 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3501 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 8, 2013
There is a big difference between the accidental damage protection coverage and what is covered under the rest of the warranty.

A cracked case would likely be viewed as "accidental damage" once they got their hands on it. Maybe not but I certainly wold not waste it for cosmetic damage.

Read the terms and educate yourself.

The truth will set you free... But it may sting a bit...
Message 17 of 23 (573 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1655 posts

Dec 8, 2013

If it was a crack like that I wouldn't bother personally. If my system is running fine, why un the risk of possibly getting a defective one as a replacement, or one that could have issues. I'd stick with what I got.

Message 18 of 23 (559 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2546 posts

Dec 8, 2013

I would not spend any money to replace that system. If it works then who cares. Consider it a battle scar and be proud of it.

Message 19 of 23 (556 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
128 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 8, 2013

Dude you don't have to be a jerk. I didn't know about the warranty until they told me about it. And I know the difference between the accidental plan and the rest of the warranty. I called Sony today and told them what YOU said and they told me I was "greatly misinformed." I asked them if I got the warranty plan would I be able to send in the system if ANYTHING was/went wrong with it and they said yes. They would either try and fix it or send me a brand new system. You don't get just one replacement system. If something kept going wrong with each system you got you could send it in and potentially get a brand new system every time. That is if they couldn't fix it. Why don't YOU call them and talk to them yourself because you are clearly wrong and you only made yourself look like a fool. The world is going to crap because of people like you. Always have to be right and never wrong "people". I did nothing to you and you just chose to be a jerk. I've never had the warranty plan and all I did was repeat what Sony themselves told me. Just because you're a badass on these forums doesn't mean you have to act superior to the other forum members.

Message 20 of 23 (542 Views)