Dec 25 2013
By: djusmarshall First Son 2 posts

Couple of questions regarding Upgrade to PS4 from PS3

[ Edited ]
4 replies 196 views Edited Dec 25, 2013

1): So not all of my buddies have a PS4, and I have one. Playing COD Ghosts on PS3 and I have now upgraded to PS4 version, all working good but my question is can I go back and play on PS3 version now that I have upgraded? Also what happens to stats incurred on the PS4 version, do they transfer back and forth and vice versa?

2): Any news on a firmware patch for my PS Pulse headset to work or can I use it with a cord plugged into the controller port?(PS4 of course)

3): Where in the PS Store menu do I find all of the available free PS+ games available?

Thanks for the help and Merry Christmas/Happy Gaming!

Message 1 of 5 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3007 posts

Re: Couple of questions regarding Upgrade to PS4 from PS3

Dec 25, 2013
You will not be able to go back and play it on ps3. Your stats will transfer over. You need your ps3 disc in your ps4 to play the upgraded version.

There is still no news on when the update is coming for your headset to work on ps4, but it will be coming. In the meantime, the ps4 comes with an earbud/mic that you can plug into your controller.

Go to games and then playstation plus in the store to find all the ps+ deals.
Message 2 of 5 (179 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
864 posts

Dec 25, 2013
The disc can still be played on the ps3 with no problems at all. But you do need it in the drive on the ps4 if you upgraded the disc version.
Message 3 of 5 (171 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 26, 2013

Actually my Pulse elite headset worked just fine plugged into my controller port, I went back and played on my PS3 and stats transferrred over the account no problem and I also followed your directions for the PS+ games and only found 3.......the same three I had already found. In conclusion, EVERYTHING you said was wrong. Thanks lol

Message 4 of 5 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3007 posts

Dec 26, 2013
I thought the pulse one was the same as the stereo one which I have and I still cannot use.

I did not upgrade any games as I just waited until I got my ps4 to buy them, but I had read on here that you cannot play it on ps3 once you upgrade.

I was wrong about where to find the free games, sorry about that. I downloaded them on November 15 and my memory was a little off.

I did say that your stats would transfer over, so I wasn't wrong about everything.

Sorry for any inconvenience my misinformation caused you.
Message 5 of 5 (128 Views)
0 Likes