Jul 08 2013
By: Chief_Sonic First Son 25 posts

Couple more questions about PS+

[ Edited ]
11 replies 206 views Edited Jul 8, 2013

I've had lots of hardware failure in the past, I just wanted to clear up some of the digital rights and such.

If I buy DLC or games and my system dies can I redownload it to a new system thru my profile?

Also: I've heard if you get something from PS+ you lose it when you lose membership, does this mean you get it back when you renew? And in return does this mean you cant play your PS+ games offline?

And if I buy arcade games/dlc can I play them offline as well?

Thanks in  advance. The community has been really helpful : )

Above is already answered.

EDIT:

Actually one more thing I was wondering,

You get specail sales I'm to understand from using PS+,

Like the users above said, you'd lose access to a game you got from PS+, does this include the free games? or the sale games as well?

Also: do they ever give away games to everyone (non-PS+) games and can you play them offline?

I'm just wondering. I have super OCD and if I dont know something it really bugs me :/

Message 1 of 12 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
365 posts

Re: Trying to understand a few things (former xbox customer)

Jul 8, 2013

Chief_Sonic wrote:

I've had lots of hardware failure in the past, I just wanted to clear up some of the digital rights and such.

If I buy DLC or games and my system dies can I redownload it to a new system thru my profile?

Also: I've heard if you get something from PS+ you lose it when you lose membership, does this mean you get it back when you renew? And in return does this mean you cant play your PS+ games offline?

And if I buy arcade games/dlc can I play them offline as well?

Yes it has a profile download system same as 360. and yes when you renew your PS+ any previous PS+ titles you downloaded become playable again.

Yes you can play most of them offline.

thespiralmatrix's Gamercard
Message 2 of 12 (198 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7720 posts

Jul 8, 2013

Chief_Sonic wrote:

1. If I buy DLC or games and my system dies can I redownload it to a new system thru my profile?

2. Also: I've heard if you get something from PS+ you lose it when you lose membership, does this mean you get it back when you renew? And in return does this mean you cant play your PS+ games offline?

3. And if I buy arcade games/dlc can I play them offline as well?

1. Yes. Just use the same email/pasword combo.

2. Yes, you'll lose access when it expires. Yes you get it back when you renew. No, you can play it offline. It expires using a timestamp so make sure your PS3 has the correct time.

3. Yes, you can play downloadable games offline once it is, obviously, downloaded.

Message 3 of 12 (193 Views)
First Son
25 posts

Jul 8, 2013

Thanks for clearing that all up! I'm excited for Elderscrolls and Destiny : ) I wish they were launch titles.

The community here is so much better than xbox. :smileyhappy:

Message 4 of 12 (187 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
1362 posts

Jul 8, 2013
Anything you download from the PSN store will be in the 'Downloads' section and available to redownload anytime you like. You will need to sign I to your profile, go to the store and redownload the item(s) you like. Easy peezy.

PS+ is a membership. As long as you have PS+ the items you have purchased, even if there is a break in between membership, will be available to play or redownload then play. As long as you are a member you have acces to the games available and those you have downloaded before hand.

You can play anything offline except for online sections of games (e.g. You couldn't join a server for an online FPS if you are not connected to the Internet). Just like you would hope and expect from a game system.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

BF3 Stats
Message 5 of 12 (179 Views)
First Son
25 posts

Jul 8, 2013

Like the users above said, you'd lose access to a game you got from PS+, does this include the free games? or the sale games as well?

Also: do they ever give away games to everyone (non-PS+) games and can you play them offline?

I'm just wondering. I have super OCD and if I dont know something it really bugs me :/

Thanks!

Message 6 of 12 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7720 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 8, 2013

If you paid for any content, even a single cent ($0.01) you keep it when your subscription expires.

There are a few free games there for non-plus members too. There's a whole "Free to Play" section on the store, even.

Message 7 of 12 (144 Views)
PlayStation MVP
7930 posts

Jul 8, 2013

Chief_Sonic wrote:

Thanks!

You loose the free games after your subscription expires

Message 8 of 12 (143 Views)
First Son
25 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 8, 2013

Do they ever give away games (to everyone) that expire.

My buddy said he dosen't have PS+ and never has had it, but he said he had a couple free games, so I was curious if that was so sort of trail he was doing, or if they gave away free games sometimes to everyone. (non-PS+) included.

Message 9 of 12 (134 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7930 posts

Jul 8, 2013

Chief_Sonic wrote:

Do they ever give away games (to everyone) that expire.

My buddy said he dosen't have PS+ and never has had it, but he said he had a couple free games, so I was curious if that was so sort of trail he was doing, or if they gave away free games sometimes to everyone. (non-PS+) included.

When you are in the PSNStore sort the games to FREE and you will see a few.

Message 10 of 12 (116 Views)