Lombax Warrior
252 posts

Re: Could the ps4 kill sony?

Feb 21, 2013

ColorlessMage wrote:

Mystic_Gon wrote:
Sony is a whole lot more than PlayStation. Even if PS4 was D.O.A and Sony made no money on anything else they sold it would take another decade at least for the entire company to go belly up.

Really?

I thought sony was in a tight spot finicially,I mean doesn't 1gddr ram cost 200$ alone?

I know the price of hardware tech is lowered for companies like sony but still,I don't think sony could eat at that loss.

and xclawmeow your partially right,but ascessability is another important for a system.

I'm only worried because i fear a ps4 failure could lead to the discontinuation of the Vita to keep the platform afloat.

Try about $50 for 8GB of DDR5 ram.

The Hard Drive is about $80 if it's 1TB, 2TB would be far more.

Blu Ray Drive about $70-80

At the $400 price point, they aren't making much money.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Please Subscribe to my Youtube page!
https://www.youtube.com/user/HollywoodShono?feature=mhee
Message 11 of 14 (143 Views)
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Feb 21, 2013

BShornock wrote:

ColorlessMage wrote:

Mystic_Gon wrote:
Sony is a whole lot more than PlayStation. Even if PS4 was D.O.A and Sony made no money on anything else they sold it would take another decade at least for the entire company to go belly up.

Really?

I thought sony was in a tight spot finicially,I mean doesn't 1gddr ram cost 200$ alone?

I know the price of hardware tech is lowered for companies like sony but still,I don't think sony could eat at that loss.

and xclawmeow your partially right,but ascessability is another important for a system.

I'm only worried because i fear a ps4 failure could lead to the discontinuation of the Vita to keep the platform afloat.

Try about $50 for 8GB of DDR5 ram.

The Hard Drive is about $80 if it's 1TB, 2TB would be far more.

Blu Ray Drive about $70-80

At the $400 price point, they aren't making much money.

The DDR5 is GPU RAM, not system RAM. Big difference.

Hard drives are much cheaper than that, especially in bulk.

Sony will be selling the PS4 at a loss, as they've done with every console. That's not where they make their money, they make it in the games (or memory cards if you ask Vita owners. lol).

Message 12 of 14 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
117 posts

Feb 21, 2013

Well some of these comments are pretty reasurring,is it safe to say there is a 0 percent chance of it doing any major damage if it underperforms and that i'm just overreacting? XD

Message 13 of 14 (132 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
708 posts

Feb 21, 2013

[Hi please direct discussion of this topic to this thread: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3/Official-PlayStation2013-Discussion-Thread/td-p... Thanks!]

Message 14 of 14 (127 Views)
0 Likes