Gaming Beast
2241 posts

Re: Could the lag be caused by my PS3?

Dec 27, 2012

Ill let you know more when i find out more.  However i was told the installation and router modem, was waived.

Its whatever God says it is, try not to let Satan trick you or lie to you. A lie can be twisted so much but its still a lie, same with tricks. Also know noone is perfect except Jesus, we all will mess up from time to time. So try not to be, to hard on yourself or others.
Message 21 of 28 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Dec 27, 2012

TheDster wrote:

Ill let you know more when i find out more.  However i was told the installation and router modem, was waived.

Installation is just that.... having someone come to your home to install the equipment.

LEASING equipment is a completely different thing altogether.

If you want to save money, you'll need to buy your own equipment. Which can be transferred across any service provider as all you'll need to do is give them the MAC address for your modem so they can activate it.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 22 of 28 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2241 posts

Dec 27, 2012

My modem and installation is waived, no need for a purchase.

Its whatever God says it is, try not to let Satan trick you or lie to you. A lie can be twisted so much but its still a lie, same with tricks. Also know noone is perfect except Jesus, we all will mess up from time to time. So try not to be, to hard on yourself or others.
Message 23 of 28 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 27, 2012

TheDster wrote:

My modem and installation is waived, no need for a purchase.

You're an idiot....

Installation and LEASE are two different things..... 

in·stal·la·tion  

/ˌinstəˈlāSHən/

Noun
  1. The action or process of installing someone or something, or of being installed.
  2. A thing installed, in particular.

Synonyms
plant - induction - mounting

lease  
/lēs/

Noun
A contract by which one party conveys land, property, services, etc., to another for a specified time, usually in return for a periodic such as money...

Verb
Grant (property) on lease; let.

Synonyms
noun.  hire - rent - tenancy - leasing - leasehold
verb.  rent - hire - let - charter - let out - take a lease
Furiously Chaosing
Message 24 of 28 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2241 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 27, 2012

Where are you getting lease, I told you I canceled that out.  If anything this will be sold to me, but they said they waived out installation and cost of modem.  They said had to buy the modem, but then I talked to another person and he said he waived out the cost of the modem and instalation.  

I sent that leased docsis 3 modem back to cable company, the day I cancelled.  It helped for three days though, then I needed tech insurance or more speed?  Ripoff 

dsl now, before it was cable the rip off

Message 25 of 28 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
4392 posts

Dec 27, 2012

TheDster wrote:

Its funny how my 12mbps Dsl is out doing my so called 30mbps cable?? 

I am going to explain why that is.  I will only explain this once, so actually read this and let it sink in.

The speed from a DSL connection is a guaranteed speed to your connection no matter how many people are connected and using the local network in your area.
Cable connections are shared connections.  So the speed quoted for Cable speeds is a maximum number only.  Depending on how many people are connected to the local network in your area, and the amount of load they are all putting on the system, can reduce the speed from it's maximum number for all users.
This is a fact of cable ISPs.  Anyone who has done their research before signing up knows this.  They have never tried to hide this fact either.  They themselves will tell you that this is what differentiates themselves from DSL.  The advantages are, that often cable ISPs offer a higher maximum for the money than DSL, and during off peak times, you will actually be getting a faster speed then DSL connections, as you could potentially get all 30 Mbps if no one else is really using it.  So it really comes down to choice of the customer as to which type of ISP suites their needs better.
They are not lying, they are not hiding anything, and they are not scamming anyone.
You are not protecting the poor from anything.  Is that clear Batman?
The only people you are protecting are the stupid, like yourself that don't know, and can't be bothered to learn how things technically work.
You come on here and spew misinformation by trying to talk like one of the big boys, but you're not.  You are a small, insignificant person who has such a lack of understanding about the world around you that you make up crap in order to feel important.
We are all very tired of wading through your garbage, and correcting the misinformation you spew, in order to limit the damage you may do to others who come here looking for answers and solutions to their problems.

Be One With The Game.

Message 26 of 28 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2241 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 27, 2012

Oh i know, explain why my speeds was 60mbps to their server and limited to no connection to any game servers?  Explain why i need a docsis 3 when docsis 2 is well capable of 30 mbps.  Explain why me getting a docsis 3 fixed all for a total of 3 days, then all i got was 60mbps to the isps server and limited to no connection anywhere else.  Explain why They offered to sell  me tech insurance or more speed?

Explain how my isp was at top of list in my area and its now at the bottom of the list?

Message 27 of 28 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
609 posts

Dec 28, 2012
Your connection issues might be due to your hard drive filled up and fragmented. I formatted mine and it fixed it for me. Games shouldn't shutter if your connection is great.

Message 28 of 28 (95 Views)
0 Likes