Feb 10 2013
By: MistressLiliana Hekseville Citizen 299 posts

Could Plus members please get more free themes?

11 replies 144 views Edited Feb 10, 2013

We haven't had a single one since the store had it's overhaul. I was hoping for a Christmas one, but nope. Maybe New Years? No again. For the release of Ni No Kuni? Not a chance. I am not holding my breath over getting one for Valentine's Day, either. It is probably not something most people care about but I like changing my themes around for holidays or just for different moods and would like some more to choose from.

Message 1 of 12 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7184 posts

Re: Could Plus members please get more free themes?

Feb 10, 2013

I really wish they'd give us a ton more themes and avatars, also. I mean, how hard can it be? Draw up some themes and avatars is pretty darn easy.

Message 2 of 12 (135 Views)
Shinra Executive
35847 posts

Feb 10, 2013

snakeman07 wrote:

I really wish they'd give us a ton more themes and avatars, also. I mean, how hard can it be? Draw up some themes and avatars is pretty darn easy.

I coudn't agree more.

Also how about some Plus Avatars just for Plus Subscribers to use in the Forums, how hard can those things be to make, I've beemn asking for this for nearly 2 years now!!

Message 3 of 12 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 10, 2013

snakeman07 wrote:

Well you can use Gimp to make your icons and there are programs for building PS3 themes, you put your images where you want them and you're done. That's only for static, if you want a dynamic theme you'll need some more resources. Let me know how hard it is.

Message 4 of 12 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
7184 posts

Feb 10, 2013

FidelityNy wrote:

snakeman07 wrote:

Well you can use Gimp to make your icons and there are programs for building PS3 themes, you put your images where you want them and you're done. That's only for static, if you want a dynamic theme you'll need some more resources. Let me know how hard it is.

Trust me, I know all the latest theme building stuff lol I make themes from time to time, I've made a couple dynamic/slidshow too.

I loved the exclusive avatars they used to give us, and sadly I missed the halloween ones a couple years back, and I was really hoping they'd drop them again last time for newcomers to download, but NO Smiley Sad I was begging for them on the blog lol 

Message 5 of 12 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
299 posts

Feb 10, 2013

snakeman07 wrote:

I would be happy if they gave us some of the pay themes that are already made for free, I have been wanting one of the rage face ones but I can't justify to myself spending 2 bucks on it when I have gotten full games for a dollar during sales.

Message 6 of 12 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5109 posts

Feb 10, 2013

i hate to say this-- but will

i got the 30 day EU plus trial--- and they habve tons of themes/ avatars

the grass is greener

Message 7 of 12 (100 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1250 posts

Feb 10, 2013

Funny ... except it is not.

I'll have to search, but I remember reading that the approval process for avatars was pretty **bleep** long and complex.  Meaning, yes they are easy and cheap to make, but because of Sony's policies, it is not worth the time and effort of most developers.

I too would like more themes and avatars.  Nothing to do with PS+ but you would think Sony would offer up themes for the Vita.  I have made my own (talking various wall papers and resizing).

Message 8 of 12 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7184 posts

Feb 10, 2013

jcalvert wrote:

Funny ... except it is not.

I'll have to search, but I remember reading that the approval process for avatars was pretty **bleep** long and complex.  Meaning, yes they are easy and cheap to make, but because of Sony's policies, it is not worth the time and effort of most developers.

I too would like more themes and avatars.  Nothing to do with PS+ but you would think Sony would offer up themes for the Vita.  I have made my own (talking various wall papers and resizing).

That's why I'm talking about exclusive ones from Sony like we've got in the past, not from devs. I'm sure the approval process for Sony themselves isn't near what it is for devs.

Message 9 of 12 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5109 posts

Feb 10, 2013

hell-- i still think when we plat a game --- we should get an avatar for it-- the trophy has been approved-- so basicly the avatar has been approved--MORGAN, MAKE IT HAPPEN Smiley Tongue

Message 10 of 12 (84 Views)