Lombax Warrior
98 posts

Re: corrupted data wont delete... what to do?

Sep 30, 2011

not a good idea. if you try to reinstall the game it creates a new section of game data and does not overwrite the old corrupted data. from time to time people need to delete games to make room for fresh material. in the case of resistance 3, if you try to delete it the data instantly corrupts and takes over and hour to delete. just before i tried to delete R3 i erased a couple of other games that were larger in seconds. it also seems to destabilize the entire file structure of the ps3 hdd.

Message 11 of 22 (2,486 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

Oct 1, 2011

What happens when you try to delete the game data for Resistance 3? Does it stop immediately with an error message? Or did you 'corrupt' the game data by starting the delete and stopping it before it has finished? In the latter case, that's normal because you've deleted part of the game data and it is no longer whole.

I don't see where you would run into a problem if you deleted Resistance 3 Game Data and let it run to completion. Or if it's corrupted, simply restart the delete and let it finish. You wouldn't have corrupted data left over. I've deleted very large game data before when trimming my PS3 data down to make a small backup to transfer over to a new PS3. It simply takes time. Some pieces of game data are more complex (made up of many, many small files packed into one) than others and take more time; it's not something you can tell by looking at file size. You can tell if the delete operation is still running by watching the solid or rapidly blinking orange HDD activity LED on the front of the console.

But maybe I'm just not understanding you correctly.

Message 12 of 22 (2,486 Views)
Lombax Warrior
224 posts

Oct 1, 2011

Can't believe resistance 3!

Ps3 Is the best console, the best hardware and a much better looking console too!
Message 13 of 22 (2,486 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 26, 2011

I just had the exact same crap happen to me. I went to delete some game data for games I had beaten. Deleted a couple files, then I went to R3, I selected "Information" first to see how large the file was and it took forever to count the file size. Then I went to delete it, and left it to delete for a good half hour or more and nothing. So I gave my ps3 a hard restart and now it is corrputed data. Not cool. I'm deleting the corrputed data now, but i=again its just taking forever. Someone above mentioned that it takes over an hour to delete, so I will just have to leave my ps3 for a while and see how that works out, but quite frankly, something like this should not go unseen and unfixed by Insomniac!

Message 14 of 22 (2,486 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

Oct 26, 2011

If the orange activity light is still blinking rapidly, then you shouldn't do a hard restart of your console.

Message 15 of 22 (2,486 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Oct 31, 2011

I am having the same problem. I have two PS3 consoles and I cannot delete Resistance 3 from either. They both have corrupt files on them now. I will try leaving the delete running and see how long, if ever, it takes on one of the consoles. This is a problem that needs to be addressed by Insomniac. At least a warning and instructions on how to uninstall their game.  To answer the above question about why delete, I need room because I ran out of space. I decided to upgrade to a larger drive, but I cannot back up because of the corrupt files.

Message 16 of 22 (2,487 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
224 posts

Nov 2, 2011

Maybe resistance 3 has a game data bug?

Ps3 Is the best console, the best hardware and a much better looking console too!
Message 17 of 22 (2,487 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7785 posts

Nov 2, 2011

Or they take a while to delete. The delete process is definitely unintuitive.

Message 18 of 22 (2,487 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
48 posts

Jun 2, 2012

potatobreath wrote:

What was the problem you were having with the corrupted data? Was it just corrupted or was it just taking a long time to delete?

If you want to play the game, then delete the corrupted data and run the game again to reinstall the game data.

edit: large game data take a very long time to delete. Let it finish.

It has nothing to do with file size in this case.  I've deleted much larger files in almost no time, but this one just sits there.  Safe mode option 3 did nothing.  Safe mode option 4 just moved the corrupted data.  There is something very wrong with the R3 install data. 

Message 19 of 22 (2,487 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Aug 1, 2013

i just deleted resistance 3 as well.i had where it would just say deleting please wait for over forty minutes,and my system wasnt frozen because friends would log in and out.so i figured since i had played a game for six hrs straight(not r3)that maybe it was over heated so i turned ps3 off.DONT DO THIS!!!! I then turned it back on r3 data was corrupt and eveything else  wasnt so i hit delete again and it took about forty more minutes,checked google and found out that its corrupt glitch you have to either wait it out or reformat your ps3 lucky for me it finally deleted.SO IF YOU READ this PLEASE WAIT IT OUT.Its a pain in your a#$,but it will delete.or better yet r3 is a crappy game and was not worth even making dont buy it.lucky i borrowed it.

Message 20 of 22 (1,866 Views)
0 Likes