Splicer
70 posts

Re: Cool Stuff You Probably Didn’t Know About The PS4

Apr 3, 2013
Well we need to start a thread or something to get Sony to at least release a special edition PS4 that will be backwards compatible .......... I'm so not as excited about the PS4 now that I know this............ of course again it won't be released until December so maybe they will change their minds ........ HOPEFULLY..... fingers crossed
Message 41 of 47 (373 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18872 posts

Apr 3, 2013

lb555c wrote:
Well I watched the whole conference and dont rember them ever saying anything about a confrontation on no backwards compatibility plus theres no where on the internet that says for sure that it won't be backwards compatible look at this website

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/02/20/ps4-isn-39-t-backwards-compatible-old-games-av...

-It wasn't said in plain English "No the PS4 will not be backward compatible" but once Dave Perry started to talk about all the things the Gaikai technology will do for the PS4/PSN he went to express the possibility that in a near future: PS3, PS2 and even PS1 games could be streamed to your console. Watch this part of the presentation again.

-The fact that none of the current games in the PlayStation library work on the PS4 architecture.

-Many things about PS4 architecture were revealed and none of them were the inclusion of  the Cell and/or Emotion Engine chips. The inclusion of these chips will indeed increase the PS4 price tag higher than we want it to be.

What I'm hoping to hear on E3 is that Gaikai is ready to stream PS3, PS2 & PS1 titles to the PS4. Furthermore & most importantly, is how is this going to work. I don't want to pay full price for games I already own or games I have bought more than once already. e.g. ICO & Shadow of the Colossus for PS2 - ICO/Shadow of the Colossus Collection for PS3.  GOW1 & GOW2 for PS2 - GOW1 & GOW2 Collection for PS3.

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 42 of 47 (370 Views)
Wastelander
973 posts

Apr 5, 2013

my family cant wait to get one

Click the link below to follow us & receive notifications when we're live!
My Broadcast Channel
Message 43 of 47 (358 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
303 posts

May 9, 2013

Im sorry, all this talk about what the PS4 will be able to do isnt  going to help push me on buying the system right away. Just like the Vita there was talk and talk and talk and it came up short. I'll be waiting, I'm still happy with my Ps3.

Message 44 of 47 (331 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3613 posts

May 9, 2013

DanSD wrote:

Muzzle flashes on the controller light?  That sounds more like a distraction.  If developers are going to make use of the controller light, make it something that is useful to the player.  Also, I don't see how colors are better than numbers, when referencing which player is which.  It's not like there's a universally accepted color scheme for numbers.  When you're looking for a number, nothing gives you that information better than a number; certainly not a color.

They used the color number system for many reasons.

Some are obvious, like they used colors because you can only fit so many numbers on a controller..

Also so they can put the move to use, and last but not least so they can use the dual camera to spy on us...

Dont think they cant or dont do it...

Unplug all your web cams when not in use, get rid of your tv if it has a cam/mic built in....

It is easy to hack into cams they have been spying for years.....

google it if you dont believe me...

Photobucket

1TB 7200RPM Destop HDD Under it's own power outside of the ps3 Smiley Tongue
Message 45 of 47 (178 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1013 posts

May 10, 2013
@hjason1 you're way to paranoid. If someone is going to hack you, they want your information. They could care less about what you actually look like.
My PSN
Message 46 of 47 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
70 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 23, 2013

Message 47 of 47 (150 Views)
0 Likes