Sackboy
573 posts

Re: Cool Stuff You Probably Didn’t Know About The PS4

Mar 29, 2013

*yawn

LONG LIVE CECHA01!!!
the absolute pinnacle of console video gaming!
Message 21 of 47 (206 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1042 posts

Mar 30, 2013

kythunder wrote:

i don't understand the thing about the buttons changing...yes many developers used the sensitivity of the analog buttons and theres many games that use this...digital buttons??  don't care for that idea myself but thats just the way the ball rolls i recon..

Analog buttons means the system can detect how hard you press the D-pad or face buttons (square, circle, etc). But according to SONY, no dev uses this feature, so they are going to use digital, wich only detects pressed or not pressed (1 or 0), this (I believe) reduces the amount of time the controller takes to respond.

Message 22 of 47 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2026 posts

Mar 30, 2013

Everything sounds amazing so far! Hopefully the ad team does a good job showing what the Playstation 4 can do to the common person.

Message 23 of 47 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2142 posts

Mar 30, 2013

ThatDamnNarwhal wrote:

Everything sounds amazing so far! Hopefully the ad team does a good job showing what the Playstation 4 can do to the common person.

I hope so to, because right now I am not sold on the PS4.  I will wait a bit after it comes out, as of YET nothing has got me excited at all.  Disappointed really.

I made this, want one for yourself? PM me
Message 24 of 47 (184 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Mar 30, 2013
Awesome!!!
Message 25 of 47 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2546 posts

Mar 30, 2013
I'm excited for the PS4. I welcome upgraded graphics and more 3D gaming. For those of you who are not sold on it and dont plan on getting one at launch that's great, leaves more out there for those of us who do.
Message 26 of 47 (157 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Mar 30, 2013
thats all cool and i like the downloadable games only. no more resale smart! but where smart too! we know the pay $10.00 for multi. and $1-$5 for this and that add ons where ways to get back money lost in resale (Gamestop) Now that they put stop to resale, will they stop doing all these now unessasary charges?

Message 27 of 47 (153 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 30, 2013

Seems legit.

Message 28 of 47 (140 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1042 posts

Mar 30, 2013

rcregut wrote:
thats all cool and i like the downloadable games only. no more resale smart! but where smart too! we know the pay $10.00 for multi. and $1-$5 for this and that add ons where ways to get back money lost in resale (Gamestop) Now that they put stop to resale, will they stop doing all these now unessasary charges?

The games will still sell at retail, SONY made clear that digital only distribution is not something they are aiming for right now. Every game is going to be available online since day 1, but that doesn't mean that the ones prefering a physical copy can't get one.

Message 29 of 47 (129 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Mar 31, 2013

I'm a tech junkie. Love to see the latest, greatest even if I can't afford it. When the PS3 came out, I was so excited to see what all it could do, but at $600, there was no way I could take food from my kids to buy it. So I had to wait. Luckily, this meant I didn't have to get a console that overheated as easily as the launch model, but on the flip side, this also meant that I would have to keep my PS2 to play my existing collection of games.

My concern with the PS4 is that this trend will continue. I'm a fan of Sony AND Playstation, but I really don't want a stack of consoles to cover each generation. I would spend whatever asking price they have at launch for the PS4 and push the product to everyone I knew if they made it so that I can play my PS, PS2, PS3 and PS4 games on one console without having to re-purchase the same **bleep** game with the new, compatible format. It is so very aggravating to have every Rock Band available to the PS2, but if i want to add them to my trophy list, I have to buy the PS3 version. Way to go bleeding every penny out of your customers...

Message 30 of 47 (110 Views)
0 Likes