Jul 03 2012
By: Noheartxx First Son 1 posts

Controller question

5 replies 52 views Edited Jul 3, 2012

So i have a crappy wired Gamestop brand controller that for some reason my PS3 reads as a wireless.  Therefore, i cant do six axis control when i am prompted to, and i also cant play ps2 games because it is not a dualshock controller.  Does anyone know if i can fix this without buying a new controller?

Message 1 of 6 (52 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
34148 posts

Re: Controller question

Jul 3, 2012

I think you'll need a Sony DS3 to be able to get the full functionality you require, it'll be worth it, trust me!

Message 2 of 6 (46 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9416 posts

Jul 4, 2012

I don't know of any third party controller that includes six axis for the PS3.  For that, you will need a Dualshock 3.  Amazon has sales on them frequently (a couple weeks ago, they had DS3 controllers for $25).

Message 3 of 6 (40 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
26419 posts

Jul 4, 2012
There's no fix for "cheap". You just need to break down and get a DualShock.
Message 4 of 6 (33 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jul 4, 2012

BBurgSteve wrote:

I don't know of any third party controller that includes six axis for the PS3.  For that, you will need a Dualshock 3.  Amazon has sales on them frequently (a couple weeks ago, they had DS3 controllers for $25).

I have seen several 3rd party contollers that have "SIXAXIS" control, and some that even connect with the PS3 with Bluetooth. The problem is virtually none of these controllers are officially licenced from Sony. This means that any changes Sony makes to the PS3, could impact the performance of these 3rd party controllers.

As others have suggested, for best results you should just stick with the standard DS3 contoller.

Message 5 of 6 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4602 posts

Jul 4, 2012

Unfortunately as it has already been stated, your best bet is to return it towards a fund for a Dual Shock.  I bought a Gamestop controller for my other box before, and it was flat out a piece of junk.  Stick with the official controllers and you should be fine.

Noheartxx wrote:

So i have a crappy wired Gamestop brand controller that for some reason my PS3 reads as a wireless.  Therefore, i cant do six axis control when i am prompted to, and i also cant play ps2 games because it is not a dualshock controller.  Does anyone know if i can fix this without buying a new controller?

Green Collar Baseball. Go A's!

Message 6 of 6 (28 Views)
0 Likes