Nov 23 2012
By: MuhMitchell First Son 7 posts

Controller Help

5 replies 86 views Edited Nov 23, 2012

So my controller has been working fine until recently, I have dropped it a few times in the past and had actually noticed that it made noise as if some small bead or something was loose inside whenever I shook it. Until today, it worked perfectly normal, even after I noticed that bead noise thing about 2-3 weeks ago. Now, whenever I press R2 it feels like there's a little more resistance compared to L2, also it messes up and stays pressed, for example in NBA 2K13 I'll continue sprinting without pressing R2 and my L2, L1 and R1 are useless because whenever I press them during the time when R2 stays pressed, they don't do anything.

Message 1 of 6 (86 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24784 posts

Re: Controller Help

Nov 23, 2012
Message 2 of 6 (80 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Nov 23, 2012

If I take it apart and fix it but do something wrong, will my controller get damaged permanently?

Message 3 of 6 (72 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24784 posts

Nov 23, 2012

Of course that's always a possibility. I'd open it and get the piece you broke off out and nothing more.

Message 4 of 6 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Nov 24, 2012

Sounds like one of the springs on the L2/R2 buttons broke causing your issue.

There's really nothing you can do. Unless you have an old DS3/Sixxaxis that just doesn't work that you can cannibalize from.

Otherwise you can either live it with, or get a new one.

Small parts like that aren't readily available, and if you're not experience with taking apart electronics or things that have small parts, I wouldn't recommend it.

Reassembling the controllers is a bit of a pain. Even as someone whose experienced as me, I dread taking controllers apart.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 5 of 6 (44 Views)
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
5069 posts

Nov 24, 2012

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Sounds like one of the springs on the L2/R2 buttons broke causing your issue.

There's really nothing you can do. Unless you have an old DS3/Sixxaxis that just doesn't work that you can cannibalize from.

Otherwise you can either live it with, or get a new one.

Small parts like that aren't readily available, and if you're not experience with taking apart electronics or things that have small parts, I wouldn't recommend it.

Reassembling the controllers is a bit of a pain. Even as someone whose experienced as me, I dread taking controllers apart.

You are SOO right with that last bit.

It took me less that 5 minutes to get it apart.

Then it took me about an hour to get it back together. Those L/R1&2 buttons are a real PITA to get back in just right, plus the little plastic pieces around those buttons aren't any better.

My wife was wondering what all the cussin' was for. Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 6 (38 Views)
0 Likes