Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
I Only Post Everything
1306 posts

Re: Control Inputs on NGP.

Apr 5, 2011

Oh, you mean that it is not going to be used for capturing video and stuff. I don't know. I just know that "camera functions" seem to be using an entire core. Since camera and head tracking work just fine on a single unit CPU with other applications presumably, that entire core could shove in that extra stuff as well. IF it's locked in all that one core.

That's right. The sensors are hardware that probably need to go through allot of processing between light and darks and stuff. The NGP's camera resolution hasn't been made official, yet. Something good enough for capturing photos - for stuff like that texture mapping feature in NGP's LBP - is expected. Maybe, 3MP would be fine for the back camera on the NGP due to the fact the PSP's Chotto Shot was 1.3MP. The front camera might be .5 or somewhere closer to that since the front camera's on stuff like phones and tablets tend to be lower resolution.

Do you like AR though?

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 14 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Apr 5, 2011

Wakefulness wrote:

Oh, you mean that it is not going to be used for capturing video and stuff. I don't know. I just know that "camera functions" seem to be using an entire core. Since camera and head tracking work just fine on a single unit CPU with other applications presumably, that entire core could shove in that extra stuff as well. IF it's locked in all that one core.

That's right. The sensors are hardware that probably need to go through allot of processing between light and darks and stuff. The NGP's camera resolution hasn't been made official, yet. Something good enough for capturing photos - for stuff like that texture mapping feature in NGP's LBP - is expected. Maybe, 3MP would be fine for the back camera on the NGP due to the fact the PSP's Chotto Shot was 1.3MP. The front camera might be .5 or somewhere closer to that since the front camera's on stuff like phones and tablets tend to be lower resolution.

Do you like AR though?

I am not sure about AR I  haven't had much experience with it myself. I could see my daughter loving something like Eyepet when she grows up.

Anyway I would guess the front camera would need higher resolution than you mean because it will need to pick out detail like the eyes, nose and mouth because apart from head-tracking there is supposed to be emotion recognition. Have you listened to the whole speech or have you just read a synopsis?

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 14 (6 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1306 posts

Apr 5, 2011

CaptainHuggyface wrote:

Wakefulness wrote:

Do you like AR though?

I am not sure about AR I  haven't had much experience with it myself. I could see my daughter loving something like Eyepet when she grows up.

Anyway I would guess the front camera would need higher resolution than you mean because it will need to pick out detail like the eyes, nose and mouth because apart from head-tracking there is supposed to be emotion recognition. Have you listened to the whole speech or have you just read a synopsis?

There is a synopsis? I have seen the GDC slides from joystiq and the GDC video it'self.

http://events.digitallyspeaking.com/gdc/sf11/player.html?xmlURL=xml/12598_1299187296134UTUL.xml&toke...

Tracing the face and head seem to be stuff that a 0.5MP camera could get away with. The back would also likely have the better camera res due to "natural marker" detection.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 14 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1680 posts

Apr 13, 2011

I agree I had to get use to the Wii then the PS Move and I am sure I will have to get use to the NGP controlling. I bet it's sixaxis will feel different than the DS3 sixaxis. But yes indeed the game developer will need to make innovative ways to use the NGP that are neat none less to say.

I feel that the few games that in some way incorporated the sixaxis that I have owned did the axis justice and I like them.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 14 (6 Views)
0 Likes