May 02 2013
By: Finchmister420 First Son 30 posts

Constructive: PS Vita Criticism A.K.A List of "FIX THIS SONY" demands.. :P

[ Edited ]
10 replies 196 views Edited May 2, 2013

Hi all,

Like the title says, add a list of everything you think should change about the Vita, aside from the games. Please no post about games, I would like to see a dicussion about features and improving current features.

My biggest gripe is the chat system, I'll admit I don't own a PS3 but my brother does and there is no party chat system, which sucks. That's why I was excited when I found out the Vita did have that but my excitement only lasted after I saw how bad it is implemented. Once again, not to throw out brand names or anything but my main console is the XBOX. So when I think about voice chat I expect something like the XBOX live chat systems (ie, ingame chat and the party chat system). I only say this so you know what i'm comparing the vita chat to.

So here are the things that need to be fixed about party voice chat in the Vita.

1. Friends lists and the Voice chat and the message system are 3 different apps that launch each other when needed. That makes it seem too confusing to use. Simplify it by merging all 3 apps and allowing easier access to voice chat parties and messages.

2. Why do I have to close my online game session to access the menu and launch party voice chat? It makes getting in and out of parties a hassle. I should be able to access my friends list and party voice chat at any time especially if I'm playin ONLINE.

3. Also, in order for you to invite someone to a party voice chat the person you want to invite has to be your friend. That is another problem. Sometimes it's difficult getting your friends together to buy a certain game and you are left with a game with online capabilies but no friends to play with and that sir.. frankly sucks. The best way is to solve this problem is to make sure games have built in voice chat but if they don't then you should at least be able to invite people in your game to voice chat party. Not only does this make online gaming more fun but it also allows you to meet new people to play with :smileyhappy:.

4. Last but not least, this is a particular gripe of mine. I like my headset (one earphone and one mic) to be used specifically for voice chat while the game sound comes out my Hometheather sorround when playing on a console. I hate having other people's voices interrupt the awesome sounds and soundtracks of the games (not to mention sometimes it hard to understand people over explosions). That's why I think there should be an option to use a headset specifically for voice chat and keep the sound of the game coming out of the vita speakers. Let me rephrase that, voice chat.. other people's voices and your mic on the headset and game sounds out of vita speakers.
I made this point before and it does seem sony tried to fix it.. they made it so the headset's mic is prioritized but other people's voices still come out of the vita speakers..

Anyway, the Vita is a great system with alot of potential and I see some great games coming out already. (Fan of Soul Sacrifice) Yet, this particular feature really aggravates me. Also in general I find some of the built in apps in the vita to be too convoluted, not hard to get around but can be confusing at first. I am a computer science student so I can only imagine how much of a hard time people have using certain features.

For me though, just fix the voice chat system in the vita and I'll be 100% happy.

Message 1 of 11 (196 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
243 posts

Re: Constructive: PS Vita Criticism A.K.A List of "FIX THIS SONY" demands.. :P

May 2, 2013

While not disagreeing with you this thread has been done to death...again...and again...and again.

PlayStation 4
Playstation 3
3DSXL Cosmo Black
Vita 2000 (Slim) Black Borderlands 2 bundle
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU6bsOtsK8T5BA1zTZ1458g
Owner of LiquidEvilGaming Youtube channel
@LiquidEvilGames Twitter
Message 2 of 11 (183 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9712 posts

May 2, 2013

The Vita can multitask amazingly well, right up there with high-end phones.  You can have six thing going at the same time.  The party chat can also be set to 'friends of friends' as an option.  I agree though messaging and friends list should be one app.  However the messaging app is great, it is literally like a smartphone's threaded text messaging.  I really hope the PS4 goes this way with messages. 

Message 3 of 11 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3055 posts

May 2, 2013

why do SO MANY people feel the need to put 420 in their name...i see it in games everyday..

just change your name to i'm a dopehead..YAY

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 4 of 11 (162 Views)
First Son
30 posts

May 4, 2013

Well, First of all I'm not a dope head and I can choose to have any ID I want too. I honestly just wanted my PSN ID to match my XBOX live gamertag the 420 was actually suggested by the Live when I made my gamertag. Second of all what's your problem, mind your business if people like smoking this or snorting that is none of your business, live and let live. That said, I know this thread has been done to death, but I personally don't see any improvements as far as these "communication" features, at least they don't seem like improvements to me (though they may be to most of you with a PS3). I honestly love the PS Vita I think it's a great device, I just want to see it work better  and become more popular. After all, popularity will determine how many good game titles we get in the future and how much effort is put into said titles.

I posted this as "constructive" criticism because I was hoping for a legitimate discussion not just a bunch of "done already" or "you're a dope head". Honestly, I know my grammar isn't the best but it surely doesn't reflect that I'm any kind of "dope head".

Message 5 of 11 (117 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3368 posts

May 4, 2013

Finchmister420 wrote:

Well, First of all I'm not a dope head and I can choose to have any ID I want too. I honestly just wanted my PSN ID to match my XBOX live gamertag the 420 was actually suggested by the Live when I made my gamertag. Second of all what's your problem, mind your business if people like smoking this or snorting that is none of your business, live and let live. That said, I know this thread has been done to death, but I personally don't see any improvements as far as these "communication" features, at least they don't seem like improvements to me (though they may be to most of you with a PS3). I honestly love the PS Vita I think it's a great device, I just want to see it work better  and become more popular. After all, popularity will determine how many good game titles we get in the future and how much effort is put into said titles.

I posted this as "constructive" criticism because I was hoping for a legitimate discussion not just a bunch of "done already" or "you're a dope head". Honestly, I know my grammar isn't the best but it surely doesn't reflect that I'm any kind of "dope head".

You'll find out quickly that there are several people on this forum who do nothing but give nasty comments to people, espically if (but not limited to) you even hint that there is a flaw with a PlayStation product. The best thing to do is ignore them and not go down to their level.

PlayStation MVP | PS Plus member | BETA Tester | YouTube Partner www.twitter.com/semajmarc87 | www.youtube.com/semajmarc87
2,000+ followers | 125+ subscribers
Message 6 of 11 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1356 posts

May 4, 2013

I second that semajmarc87. That is one of the reasions I do not respond to this blog a lot. You get child like responces to what is put on here a lot of times. Adult conversations are far and few here.

Happy Gaming.

Message 7 of 11 (105 Views)
First Son
30 posts

May 4, 2013

semajmarc87 wrote:

Finchmister420 wrote:

You'll find out quickly that there are several people on this forum who do nothing but give nasty comments to people, espically if (but not limited to) you even hint that there is a flaw with a PlayStation product. The best thing to do is ignore them and not go down to their level.

Yes
Yes, you may be right about that. I'll keep that in mind from now on, I forget how prevalent "fanboism" has become in forums like these. I just thought people would be interested in helping raise some awareness about certain issues with what is actually a great product with potential to be much better.
Message 8 of 11 (96 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Moderator
2891 posts

May 4, 2013

Friendly reminder to keep all posts on-topic and respectful! Thanks! :smileytongue:

Message 9 of 11 (89 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3368 posts

[ Edited ]
May 4, 2013

Finchmister420 wrote:

semajmarc87 wrote:

Finchmister420 wrote:

Yes
Yes, you may be right about that. I'll keep that in mind from now on, I forget how prevalent "fanboism" has become in forums like these. I just thought people would be interested in helping raise some awareness about certain issues with what is actually a great product with potential to be much better.

You would think so, but that is usually not the case around here. Some people (sadly) attain a significant portion of their personal identity from the company that makes their videogame consoles. Thus, they feel like they've been personally attacked whenever someone criticizes their game console company of choice. In the future, if you have any suggestions, it would be more productive to offer suggestions at the link below because Sony actually reads those.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/

PlayStation MVP | PS Plus member | BETA Tester | YouTube Partner www.twitter.com/semajmarc87 | www.youtube.com/semajmarc87
2,000+ followers | 125+ subscribers
Message 10 of 11 (71 Views)
0 Likes