Jun 05 2013
By: Curkis1911 First Son 2 posts

Constantly disconnecting from PSN..

3 replies 2856 views Edited Jun 5, 2013

Soo, every time I play call of duty black ops 2 I end up getting booted off to the main screen with a message saying there was a network connection error. Its kinda getting irritating because almost always allows me to log right back on than 20 min later do it again. I would like a solution to this ASAP. I know its not my internet because 7mg is more than enough to play online. This is one of a number of issues eve been having with the PSN for awhile. Anyone have any ideas. Its bad enough that i got a warning saying if I leave to many more active games Ill be put on some sort of probation. 

Message 1 of 4 (2,856 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1013 posts

Re: Constantly disconnecting from PSN..

Jun 5, 2013
If you go through wifi, there's a chance that your wifi is cutting out temporarily, or is becoming weak enough to not support the amount of data being transferred. If that's the case, try running an Ethernet cable to your system. A wired connection is always more stable and is faster than going through wifi.

If you go through wired then try port forwarding for PSN so that it gets quicker transfers and might not kick you out as often.

Hopefully this will help.
My PSN
Message 2 of 4 (2,842 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jun 6, 2013

playing black ops 2 is the only time i have an issue. with mw3 ive never had this happen. nor any other online game. i will try the ethernet cable though

Message 3 of 4 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3209 posts

Jun 6, 2013
Do you have your ports open ? Are you using different DNS numbers? Those matter alot when playing online.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
Message 4 of 4 (82 Views)
0 Likes