Nov 07 2012
By: kilburni86 Splicer 36 posts

Console Launch Excitement

1 replies 87 views Edited Nov 7, 2012

The PlayStation Vita is the first video game console I've ever pre-ordered. I've owned countless gaming systems over the last 15-20 years, but have always historically waited for the first price drop before taking the plunge. This time was different though. This time there was Uncharted. Drake's Fortune was one of my first games for PS3 and I've been a huge fan of the series ever since. When I saw that there would not only be an Uncharted game alongside Vita at launch, but it would also strive to replicate the home console experience, I knew I'd be in on the Vita early. What I didn't know was how fun the build up to a console launch is!

I went to my closest game store when pre-orderes opened up for the console and put my initial deposits down on a Vita and Uncharted Golden Abyss. This was in July 2011. Over the next seven months, I would swing by the store on paydays and put down another ten or fifteen dollars to get myself closer to the launch price while reading up on the launch lineup and chatting with the store's manager about our collective excitement for the console...mine for Uncharted and his for the console's fighting game lineup. Once February came around, I can't remember a time where gaming was as front-and-center in my world. I played everything I could get my hands on with Vita. To some extent, I still do...although the more recent spell of releases has slowed my purchasing down a bit!

The Vita definitely made me an early adopter of gaming consoles. I'm excited as I watch the community of Vita owners around me grow larger with big releases like Assassin's Creed 3 Liberation, Call of Duty Black Ops Declassifed, and PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale. Frankly, I can't wait to have this experience with a gaming console again, so thank you, PlayStation!

[url=http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/kilburni86/][img]http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/kilburni86.png[/img][/url]
Message 1 of 2 (87 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18705 posts

Re: Console Launch Excitement

Nov 7, 2012
Message 2 of 2 (84 Views)
0 Likes