Jan 20 2014
By: Dogpaw131 Monster Hunter 39 posts

Considering buying a used ps3

[ Edited ]
6 replies 230 views Edited Mar 31, 2014

So I sold my ps3 (to a family friend so I was kind of doing them a favor) before buying my ps4. Now I don't have any complaints about my ps4 I love it, however I have been seriously missing the ps3, especially since now I'm paying for ps+. What are your opinions on buying a used ps3 even though I now have a ps4.

Mod Edit: Added label. Want to learn more about labels? Click here! -Super_Nova2k13

Message 1 of 7 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
30 posts

Re: Considering buying a used ps3

Jan 20, 2014

Absolutely. You probably have a ton of PS3 games, no? Also, the PS3 is far from dead. I read a while back that they are still working on apps for the PS3 for things like game rentals and more awesome games. And with PS Plus, you get 12 free games a month for the PS3. Personally if I was in your situation, I would be all about having both.

Message 2 of 7 (222 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10617 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 20, 2014

I personally wouldn't buy a used console, however if you want to buy a used PS3, just make sure you are careful as sometimes people get console bans, and the store doesn't check the PSN, so in some cases people buy a used console that can't connect to the internet, so if you do buy you just make sure you are careful and the store will accept return in this case. (most are nomally good though, just wanted to give a little warning as it has happened to people before.)

Message 3 of 7 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5174 posts

Jan 20, 2014

Dogpaw131 wrote:
So I sold my ps3 (to a family friend so I was kind of doing them a favor) before buying my ps4. Now I don't have any complaints about my ps4 I love it, however I have been seriously missing the ps3, especially since now I'm paying for ps+. What are your opinions on buying a used ps3 even though I now have a ps4.

Just pay the little bit extra money and get a brand new one. It will work better and longer than a used one and it's under warranty.

semajmarc87
My YouTube | My Twitter
225+ Subscribers | 1,500+ Followers
Message 4 of 7 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10139 posts

Jan 20, 2014
I bought a used 80GB Phat, 5 years ago from a pawn shop and it still works like a champ.
Message 5 of 7 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
142 posts

Jan 20, 2014

yea i see ps3s on craigslist for 100 bucks often. somethin like that you  really couldnt go wrong . i kept my ps3 with a burnt out blu ray drive and it gets alot of use just from the ps+ games every month . but what i really want right now is a vita . ive never wanted a handheld but i want a vita 

Message 6 of 7 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3422 posts

Jan 20, 2014
I would do it if you really want one. Buying used is a good way to get a few items bundled for a good price. I bought my vita used for a decent price and it came with a few extras.

I would look in classifieds to find the best deal. If you buy a used one from a store you may not get as good of a deal. Try to make sure that it works before you purchase it. If it is clean with minimal wear it is a good sign that the previous owner took care of it, or just cleaned it up for sale.

Be prepared for it to break at any moment. Buying used is kind of a gamble, you are paying less but you are taking a chance. Even a brand new PS3 could have something wrong with it, but there is warranty protection.

Don't just buy the first one you find, look for a good deal.
Message 7 of 7 (161 Views)
0 Likes