Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 18 2010
By: eciracing Uncharted Territory 1979 posts

Connect Mobile phone, PSP, and PC to your PS3

11 replies 7481 views Edited Jun 18, 2010

Hey guys.  Question for you experts.  I just went on to my PS3 to register my PSP in order to do remote play.  When I clicked "Register Device" I was given 3 options.  1) PSP (as I expected) 2) Mobile Phone 3) PC.  When I click on Mobile Phone or PC, it gives me a code to enter into each device to connect it to the PS3 for Remote Play.  What is this?  Is this something new?  I've never seen it before.  And, how do I do this with my Motorola Droid?  Any help is GREATLY appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

EXOTICS SEASON 1 CHAMPION, FF SEASON 1 CHAMPION, SUPER GT SEASON 1 CHAMPION, S2000 CHALLENGE SERIES CO-CHAMPION, LE MANS 2012-S CHAMPION, JUAREZ SPORTS CAR CHALLENGE CHAMPION, SUPER GT SEASON 2 CHAMPION, FF SEASON 3 CHAMPION, TNR SEASON 1 CHAMPION
Message 1 of 12 (7,481 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2684 posts

Re: Connect Mobile phone, PSP, and PC to your PS3

Jun 18, 2010

Not sure how the phone thing works never heard of it may be something new, but you'll probably need an app for it that's from sony so phone might not work now.

Message 2 of 12 (7,481 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1979 posts

Jun 21, 2010

Anybody else have any experience with this?

EXOTICS SEASON 1 CHAMPION, FF SEASON 1 CHAMPION, SUPER GT SEASON 1 CHAMPION, S2000 CHALLENGE SERIES CO-CHAMPION, LE MANS 2012-S CHAMPION, JUAREZ SPORTS CAR CHALLENGE CHAMPION, SUPER GT SEASON 2 CHAMPION, FF SEASON 3 CHAMPION, TNR SEASON 1 CHAMPION
Message 3 of 12 (7,481 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
518 posts

Jun 21, 2010
not for sure but i dont think they work yet?
im guessing it will only work for sony phones and computers?
idk though
Photobucket
Message 4 of 12 (7,481 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
704 posts

Jun 21, 2010

There is only a couple phones that can do this. A nokia is one of them, can't remeber which one it is.

INFORM YOURSELF
Watch:
Secret Space
Zeitgeist Final Edition
The Obama Deception
Network
Run From the Cure
Invisible Empire
Police State 5
Message 5 of 12 (7,481 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Jun 21, 2010

eciracing wrote:

Hey guys.  Question for you experts.  I just went on to my PS3 to register my PSP in order to do remote play.  When I clicked "Register Device" I was given 3 options.  1) PSP (as I expected) 2) Mobile Phone 3) PC.  When I click on Mobile Phone or PC, it gives me a code to enter into each device to connect it to the PS3 for Remote Play.  What is this?  Is this something new?  I've never seen it before.  And, how do I do this with my Motorola Droid?  Any help is GREATLY appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Originally, they added Remote Play and it was for PSPs to connect to PS3s.

A few updates ago, they added support for the Sony cell phone Aino.

This last update, they added support for Sony Vaio PCs.  I have tested it on a Vaio laptop, and it works great.

There are of course going to be people (already happened) who will get the software to run on non-Vaio laptops or non Sony cell phones, but officially, it runs on only certain Vaio laptops that were released after May 2010 and the Aino cell phone.

Message 6 of 12 (7,481 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1979 posts

Jun 23, 2010

Solar_Difusion wrote:

eciracing wrote:

Originally, they added Remote Play and it was for PSPs to connect to PS3s.

A few updates ago, they added support for the Sony cell phone Aino.

This last update, they added support for Sony Vaio PCs.  I have tested it on a Vaio laptop, and it works great.

There are of course going to be people (already happened) who will get the software to run on non-Vaio laptops or non Sony cell phones, but officially, it runs on only certain Vaio laptops that were released after May 2010 and the Aino cell phone.

How do I make this work on my PC?  I have 2 Vaio desktop PC's and 1 Vaio laptop.

Message 7 of 12 (7,481 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Jun 23, 2010
Officially, Sony released this utility for new Vaios after May 2010.

But there are some reports you can google and look up how to get it to run on a non-vaio system, such a utility would get it to run on an older vaio that may not be supported.

Here's a download page where you can download and test on your systems.

http://www.sony.com.au/support/download/395216/sectionfirst?subpage=detail

I have actually tested it on two Vaios. While both were purchased in May of 2010, one is a new model, and the other is an older model. It actually works on both systems. Though, the specs foe each are relatively high end, even for Vaios.
Message 8 of 12 (7,481 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1598 posts

Jun 23, 2010

This is REMOTE VIEWING on a pc, you CANNOT play games like is, it wont let you, I've tried on my vaio. Kinda useless if you ask me.

I hope my next leap will be the leap home!
Message 9 of 12 (7,481 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
19370 posts

Jun 23, 2010
Yes, I forget to mention, it does not let you play games.

But that does not make it useless. I can listen to any music on my system, I can view pictures and all of my movies and videos.

A good way to stream your PS3 content to your PC. Just like Media Servers does the other way around.
Message 10 of 12 (7,481 Views)
0 Likes