Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Re: I'm very concerned about keeping my ps4 due to the financial status of sony as a company

Jan 29, 2014

Doppelgangergang wrote:

FYI: Moody's Investors Service are one of the great geniuses who ranked risky loans highly back in 2007. When the guarantees collapsed, this caused the economy to tank and go down the toilet ever since and was singlehandedly responsible for sinking three big banks and a crushing $700B cost to the US Government.

It boggles the mind people even take these guys seriously. Smiley Indifferent

I see so what you are saying is to take this with a grain of salt but what is your opinion of sony?

Message 51 of 72 (290 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
153 posts

Re: I'm very concerned about keeping my ps4 due to the financial status of sony as a company

Jan 29, 2014

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Sony is VERY MUCH aware of their problems.

They are in the midst of restructuring some underperforming divisions. They have sold off many properties, and laid off about 10 or 20,000 employees already IIRC.

This is NOT the first time a company have been given a "junk" credit rating, and it is NOT the first time Sony has been in this position over the last..... 56 years (when known as Tokyo Tsushin Kogyo first).

Every company goes through growing pains, especially in a highly volatile market as technology, which advances exponentially every decade.

Look at Sony's precense at CES.

Brand new TV's, Camera's, Audio equipment.... This is at a time where Sony USED to  be the leader in consumer electronics for everything... TV's, Camera's.... for god sakes they created the first portable music player.... the Walkman Radio/Cassette player.

Everyone seemingly wants Sony to fail.... simply because of a few bad years... But guess what.... Looking at ALL of Sony's financials the past 2-3 years.... they are actually doing very well. And that financial information is readily available and open to EVERYONE.

So simply because a few blogs, and some analysts go on record and use arbitrary numbers to scare people into not buying Sony, is actually MORE damaging.

Often times... the news is actually wrong. And the only reason they report on things, is due to scare mongering to get page views.

Ever heard the phrase "bad publicity is also good publicity" ?, this is exactly whats going on. No one is going to bother reading the news if all they reported on was flowers and puppies and cats stuck in trees that are rescued by bored firefighters....

Sadly, because people trust a 3rd party more than hearing it straight from the horses mouth, ESPECIALLY when the evidece is freely available, people are more inclined to become naysayers quicker than they are to become fact-checkers.

Sony's financials are actually IMPROVING. They are not as good as they once were, but they are better than they were a few years ago.

Try checking the facts first before believing the internet...

Do you truly think they know what they are doing?  I really liked how you articulated yourself though it was a very interesting and informative message.

Message 52 of 72 (288 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8172 posts

Jan 29, 2014

Kromethius wrote:

Doppelgangergang wrote:
<snip>

I see so what you are saying is to take this with a grain of salt but what is your opinion of sony?

Yes, I am taking this with a grain of salt. Smiley Wink As for the question, I think Sony is doing well.

I enjoy my PS3 as I play it almost every day.

I enjoy my Vita as I play games often and use it as my primary skype phone.

And I definitely use my Xperia Z Ultra as a daily Android phone.

I have good experiences with Sony's equipment and services, and that's great enough for me as the end user. I pretty much don't care what happens in the world of Buisness and that's the buisness people's job to worry about. Not mine. Smiley Happy

Oh, and I definitely don't care what Moody's and other CRAs spew out of their *bleep*. Smiley Indifferent

Message 53 of 72 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
334 posts

Jan 29, 2014

Theri stock price use to be $49 back in the days.

Message 54 of 72 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
189 posts

Jan 29, 2014
Message 55 of 72 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
28 posts

Re: Concerned about keeping PS4 due to Sony's financial status

Oct 23, 2014

I can't imagine Sony actually going out of business anytime soon. However, I heard that they have currently cancelled PlayStation 5 research because of this financial "struggle" they're currently going through. I just hope this issue doesn't dull our gaming experience, since they may not be able to put as much money into PlayStation as they had hoped. All we can really do though, is wait and see.

-- PlayStationer since '95

Will PSN ever have a running/working streak of a week or longer?
Message 56 of 72 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
12289 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 23, 2014

I don't think they will go under. A new model PS4 will come out soon with all of what it should have had on launch but  with more it can do than the PS4 we all have now so sell this one and buy the new model that can do stuff.

My guess is when the new model PS4 comes out we will get more discounts on games and videos as well.

Message 57 of 72 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
92 posts

Oct 23, 2014

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:
Isn't this all the more reason to keep it. Wouldn't the ps4 sky rocket in price then???? Am I doing this right?

I sold my PS4 faster then RVD sold that chair-shot Smiley Tongue

I'm kidding about selling my PS4 though lol

Message 58 of 72 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2497 posts

Oct 23, 2014

Kromethius wrote:

http://gaminrealm.com/2013/12/30/sony-79-chance-bankrupt-2-years/

sony's junk status source

http://money.cnn.com/2014/01/27/technology/sony-downgrade-junk/

sony's 79% chance of going bankrupt in 2 years article

I'm very well cognizant that sony's gaming division is at its strongest but if things do not pick up for them in about a couple of years they have a 79% chance of going bankrupt and this correlates to my motivation of spending money for accessories and games for a system.  Why should you spend money on a platform that will die quickly in two years?  I'm just really worried and wonder what you guys think of this or if you have any other sources and evidence that this may not be the case I'd gladly appreciate it.  I do want to deem my ps4 worth of a purchase but I feel like I'm going to be playing on an obsolete system if Sony goes under.  Please help.

Edit: Updated subject title. -Super_Nova2k13

My reply to you is its out of our hands.

Sony has been out of touch with their very own customers for years now. Taking risks just because someone else is doing doesn't justify taking that large of a chance. Just recently their cell phone took a huge dump is an example of this. Same thing goes for their television division. I am just as sure their gaming will go that route if they don't start listening to us. Just look at the huge lead for once in console sales but where are the important updates?

Update that are irrelevant when there are more important once to creat makes no sense. If a company states to be about games then lets see them. Yet we all know that was a fib since there is media apps. But in all honesty nothing we say or do here will make a difference. Simply because of the blind sony supporters who state sony can do no wrong.

Now I will say this, I/we will get the last laugh. For these are the very same supporters who supported a development company to change their game. Which ended up with that developer being fired and all online games by them immediately stopped. As I stated not everyone can be a COD clone. Just because they are successful doesn't mean you can do it.

Message 59 of 72 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
12289 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 23, 2014

Well the only thing in my house that is Sony is the PS4 how about you?

IDK If the 2 controllers and 1 charge station is Sony. I also had to send in a controller and back a new one.

Message 60 of 72 (85 Views)
0 Likes